Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Studio Ghibli Box Movie Collection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Yes is it worth buying are they ever going to add any new titles to it. I read a review well just a score and they really didnt tell me much so how are the subs??? Video and Audio!
I have MI version.. The subs are great, the audio is fine.. THere's a bit of a timing issue on Pom Poko, but not nearly as bad as everyone made it out to be. I enjoyed every movie in the collection, and no I can't see them adding more movies to it.. The only thing that has come out since is Spirited Away and if you want that one, it's only $9. Buy it! Ghibli Collection is must own! =)
Yeah... this is a MUST OWN set for all fans of anime.
The translations are above average for HK translations but still not up to the R1 quality. The timing issues are minor irritations but don't destroy any of the movies.

I do recommend getting the R1 of Princess Mononoke and comparing it to the same in the set. It's neat seeing the difference between one of the top R1 releases and an above average HK set.
What's the difference between the MAC set and the MI set. I was thinking of picking up the MAC set (too poor to pay for 2 extra DVDs). The Mac set only has 4 DVD compared to 6 DVDs for the MI set, so that comes up an average of 3 movies a DVD, that seems to be pushing it. How's the quality of the video and audio compared to the MI set? Are the subs the same?
So far the review for the MI version is really positive. I guess you should just wait a while until someone post a review for the Mac version.
MAC release is very good, so was the AS release
I want to add it to my purchases. Though I prefer TV episodes to movies. Cry I'll look into throwing it in my Christmas purchase. :wink:
What about my neighbours the yamada's, I can't seem to find the HK version anywhere, it's on animegod's MAC releases but can even find the review for it in www.import-anime.com . I would like to get to complete my Ghibli set.
If memory serves correct, then that is a newer Gibli release. So it wouldn't be on the Ghibli set. There might be a newer release containing the Yamda's and if that is the case, then it will surface on Import Anime in a short time. :mrgreen:
its on the animegod website, seperate from the ghibli boxset, here the id number MA115E, JJ is it out yet? its not in the new releases list anymore so i assume its out
if it is i will get it in stock soon
Get some more Urotsuki Doji in stock!!!! :mrgreen:
How is the movie My Neighbors The Yamadas?
I'll post a review of it as soon as I get it. It should come on tuesday
Heard good things about it. But it's no contender for Princess Mononoke.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5