Shonen Jump
I have 6 volumes of Bleach and I love it. It keeps getting better and the art is just awesome. My only problem is that the French edition has already caught up with the Japanese one and now I'm going to have to wait several months between volumes. Sad
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Quote:My only problem is that the French edition has already caught up with the Japanese one and now I'm going to have to wait several months between volumes.

It seems that the French already has a leg-up on anime, being many volumes ahead of the English version; for example, the French version of "One Piece" was already up to 20 volumes when I visited Quebec this past March (shame the first 14 volumes were printed western style). I also sampled the "Super Gals" manga (up to 4 volumes in French as of March 2004; English version starts 2/2005), and thought it was pretty good.

I guess if you can't get the gist out of Japanese, French would probably be the best second choice.
rugrats1 Wrote:It seems that the French already has a leg-up on anime, being many volumes ahead of the English version; for example, the French version of "One Piece" was already up to 20 volumes when I visited Quebec this past March (shame the first 14 volumes were printed western style). I also sampled the "Super Gals" manga (up to 4 volumes in French as of March 2004; English version starts 2/2005), and thought it was pretty good.

I guess if you can't get the gist out of Japanese, French would probably be the best second choice.

For me it is because I pay an average of $8 per volume while a volume imported from the US costs me about $16.5. As far as variety of titles goes the US are rapidly catching up with France. I usually order from the US titles that either don't exist in French or that will be published in the US first (like XXXHolic, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles and Berserk).
Andromeda18_ Wrote:For me it is because I pay an average of $8 per volume while a volume imported from the US costs me about $16.5. As far as variety of titles goes the US are rapidly catching up with France. I usually order from the US titles that either don't exist in French or that will be published in the US first (like XXXHolic, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles and Berserk).

Um, XXXHolic?
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Blight Wrote:Um, XXXHolic?

XXXHolic is one of CLAMP's newest manga, as is Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles. There's a crossover between XXXHolic's volumes 1 and 2 and Tsubasa's volume 1.
You can learn more about it here: http://www.randomhouse.com/delrey/catalo...45-47058-3

Attached Files
.jpg   0-345-47058-3.jpg (Size: 94.05 KB / Downloads: 3)
I have every issueof Shonen Jump to date. My top three favorite mangas are Naruto, One Piece and Shaman King. I also have some of the Shonen Jump graphic novels like Kenshin, Naruto, One Piece and DBZ.
There can be tears of sadness, and there can be tears of joy, but they are far from the same.

King Of Bandits Jing

My DVD trade list:
http://www.import-anime.com/forums/showt...php?t=4518

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Incredible Shrinking Shonen Jump rugrats1 22 7,574 04-01-2005, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Andromeda18_
  New Series To Be Included In Shonen Jump Shibo 13 5,364 07-25-2003, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Shibo