The anime eqaution
Gemini Wrote:money i guess, can cause many problems and many in many different ways. like the saying go, "money makes the world go round"

and I wish I had more LOL
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Gemini Wrote:why would money or anime be the work of satan????
hahaha.... thats funny actually

Easy they believe that anime is either too violent or is always umm, that subject related.

You know the one I'm talking about right? umm yeah, and yes they actually believe there

would be less problems in the world if it weren't for anime. Thankfully its break in two

days and I can get away from this campus for awhile.
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
Are you talking about sex? If so, let me say it for you SEX,SEX,SEX, there.

Oh, and if not I'm a dumbass.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Um... just because a person likes anime doesn't mean they're going to be ugly. I'm certainly damn hot. And I have lots of friends who are hot and are just as into anime. There is no equation to determine someone's looks by their likes and dislikes. This is the stupidest theory I've ever heard of.
I never even bothered reading this thread until know since it was started by BE.

With that being said, I think BE is on to something. I'm sorry, but most people that like anime are either fat slobs, or pimple faced geeks. It's true. Go to a con and see for yourself. The percentage of unattractive people is higher at an anime con then it is compared to the percentage of unattractive people in general. I would not hang out with 95% of anime fans. Call me stuck up or whatever, but I'm not hanging out with total dorks.
Vicious Wrote:I never even bothered reading this thread until know since it was started by BE.

With that being said, I think BE is on to something. I'm sorry, but most people that like anime are either fat slobs, or pimple faced geeks. It's true. Go to a con and see for yourself. The percentage of unattractive people is higher at an anime con then it is compared to the percentage of unattractive people in general. I would not hang out with 95% of anime fans. Call me stuck up or whatever, but I'm not hanging out with total dorks.
The problem with this theory is... that only those types would be caught dead at an anime con in full-out cosplay, because their social standing can't possibly get any lower...

All of the good looking/normal/socially skilled ones are closet fans like the girlfriend and I... it's one thing to like anime, secretly... and a whole different thing to eat, drink, breathe and shit anime, and wishing your life -was- an anime.
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
I agree with r00ster here. While i'm not a closet fan (i'm wearing my awesome captain tylor shirt everyone thinks is nerdy right now Big Grin ) I don't think i'd ever go to a con.
Blight Wrote:Are you talking about sex? If so, let me say it for you SEX,SEX,SEX, there.

Oh, and if not I'm a dumbass.

Yes I am, and I'm kind of embarassed to say the word let alone talk about the subject.
shugotenshi Wrote:It can certainly help, but is it being yourself ?

In my case it certainly is. The way I dress, the makeup I wear, etc, that's all part of who I am, it's a reflection of my personality.
Wearing makeup doesn't change who a person is. If a girl has skin problems, wearing foundation will make her skin look good and she will therefore feel prettier and have more confidence in herself. She will be the exact same person with or without the makeup on but with the makeup on she'll look better and that's something every woman wants.

dvd_master Wrote:Um... just because a person likes anime doesn't mean they're going to be ugly. I'm certainly damn hot. And I have lots of friends who are hot and are just as into anime. There is no equation to determine someone's looks by their likes and dislikes. This is the stupidest theory I've ever heard of.

Let me just get something straight. You're a girl, right?

Ryo of Inferno Wrote:Yes I am, and I'm kind of embarassed to say the word let alone talk about the subject.

You shouldn't! Sex is as natural as eating and breeding, it shouldn't be taboo.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Quote:I never even bothered reading this thread until know since it was started by BE.

That is sad to hear. Not being able to accept someone because of their looks, their likings or their style is not a sign of openmindness, but then, you're the only one suffering from that statement. Why ? Because if you are close enough to those trivial things, you don't know what true friendship is. Relation with other shouldn't start about looks, likings or style, but I guess this is just my opinion.

Quote:In my case it certainly is. The way I dress, the makeup I wear, etc, that's all part of who I am, it's a reflection of my personality.
Wearing makeup doesn't change who a person is. If a girl has skin problems, wearing foundation will make her skin look good and she will therefore feel prettier and have more confidence in herself. She will be the exact same person with or without the makeup on but with the makeup on she'll look better and that's something every woman wants.

Oh no, I'm not saying it is wrong, but I was reffering to your comment "Sometimes it is" like if the girl couldn't be attractive without makeup. She can certainly be more, but I think a girl without makeup can be as attractive as someone with a fullset of makeup. Yes it gives lots of confidence, yes it can completely transforms her into a divine princess. But the "attractiveness" inside "love" don't mind. With or without makeup, his or her lover will find him/her attractive, because normally, we fall in love with a person, not with their looks. It's a state of mind, a state of heart.
You'll need it in due time
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:Yes I am, and I'm kind of embarassed to say the word let alone talk about the subject.

That?s all right; I was embarrassed to talk about it until when I was a virgin (I?m assuming you are since you?ve said you?ve never been on a date and the way that you described all the girls in your area I would imagine them to be very prudish). I would blush every time it was mentioned until I was fourteen. After that though I don?t even give it a thought. Sex is sex, it's really not a big deal.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Blight Wrote:That?s all right; I was embarrassed to talk about it until when I was a virgin (I?m assuming you are since you?ve said you?ve never been on a date and the way that you described all the girls in your area I would imagine them to be very prudish). I would blush every time it was mentioned until I was fourteen. After that though I don?t even give it a thought. Sex is sex, it's really not a big deal.

Ah, 14 eh, well at least you are over it. Being 19 and like this is not fun in the least and

yes I am still a virgin.
so what if you are your only 14

good on you!!!

i know people in there 20's that still are *cough me*
well technically :p Wink
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
rav96 Wrote:so what if you are your only 14

good on you!!!

i know people in there 20's that still are *cough me*
well technically :p Wink

Are you talking to me? Cause I'm 19 sorry if other threadf was colnfusing. Born in 1985,

yet still remember the 80's. Strange isn't it.
wow like im not the only one plagued with

"nice guy"
"your just a friend"
"your like my brother"

Syndrome
Wink

well withh all females except for the J whos in Santa Cruz so thats alot of help Rolleyes
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/