Damn!
Well Iwasn't going to say anything... but one thing you didn't mention was whether or not you received an official looking request via email from Ebay to update your account information or whatever... and if so, did you fill in your user name and password? In which case, you just handed someone your account information on Ebay... they didn't have to hack into it, and it wasn't Ebay's fault it was hacked...

Those spoof emails aren't from Ebay... nor are the ones from Pay Pal requesting you to update your information by signing on from a link thru email... So if you received them, and were stupid enough to provide your account information without checking first... then you get what you deserve.

Ebay or Pay Pal doesn't need your account information!! And they should NEVER ask you for it via email!! NEVER use a link from your email to log into your Ebay or Pay Pal accounts!!

If you doubt me, the next time you get an email request from Ebay or Pay Pal, forward it to [email protected] or [email protected] and they will tell you it wasn't sent by them and to not give out any personal information.

Want to know how I know this? Because I was getting these types of email to update my account information from both Ebay and Pay Pal on an email address that I only use in the newsgroups and that email address isn't associated with any Ebay or Pay Pal account I have... so it was a blatant attempt at getting my user information and password from a valid email account. Not to mention it certainly looks "official" so don't be fooled!!
Only my brother seems to get those E-Mails never got one lucky me I guess lol...So someone must have hacked it.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damn Ebay Seller!!!!!! Ryoku Slayer 5 3,990 12-04-2004, 10:39 AM
Last Post: Puppet Master
  damn politicians Homeless Joe 4 3,438 08-27-2004, 07:44 AM
Last Post: Homeless Joe