Old School Anime
Sweet_Marie Wrote:Thanks, Vicious I really should watch it.I believe the same person made Ranma & KOR.and I started to read the manga to both of them and they are both good.I also have the fansubs to Maison Ikkoku but they have been sitting around for about 3 years and still have yet to watch them.but, now I have you that said it is good so, I will watch it soon.I believe thay are being relesed in the us now in english too,are they not?I always like people to let me know what is good though.It makes me more earnest to want to watch tham.Thanks alot.and please let me know if I am wrong.

MI is by Rumiko Takahashi who has also done Urusei Yatsura, Ranma, and InuYasha. So if you liked any of those, I'm sure you'll like this as well. But unlike her other series, this one does have a definite and satisfying ending. She did not do KOR.

MI is being released in the US right now on DVD. The 4th boxset was just released, so they are exactly halfway through it right now. Only 48 more eps to go.
Yes, I do I like InuYasha I have seen the whole series and the 3 movies.I have also seen some Ranma & Urusei Yatsura.I like all three.so,I am sure I will like Maison Ikkoku.Oh! and I love anime with a good ending.I have seen plenty that leaves you with questions.Thanks again for your help.
[Image: Here.png]
Illiusions are everywhere.............. :eek:
----------------------------------------------------
~Mr.Days~

Mr.Morning has a grudge going.Mr.Day always seems to fly away.Mr.Night kisses goodnight.but Mr.Dream always makes you scream..but though that is the way of your day.Mr.Days is always guideing your ways.
Always guideing your Days always guideing your ways.I'll be with you my Mr.Day.
~Marie~
Vicious Wrote:MI is being released in the US right now on DVD. The 4th boxset was just released, so they are exactly halfway through it right now. Only 48 more eps to go.

Is there release dates for the second half yet? I think it will take alot longer for the second half of the series due to there bieng no dub for it (Godai is going to be changed isnt he? Damn that'll sound weird). The series is THE greatest anime ever if you ask me... I prefer older anime than newer stuff and allways have. Urusei Yatsura is a favorite of mine aswell. I've got SO many old VHS of MI and UY. Just preordered the Korean release of Future Boy Conan from yesasia. I love that! Thats good old school anime!
The release of the fourth set with episodes 37-48 is in November, might be out. The guy that did Godai's voice is probably out, because he is busy with MONK. I don't think the chick that did Kozue's voice will return either, I beleive she doesn't do voice acting anymore. I hope I am wrong though. Hey Vicious both Viz and TRS have the fourth box set for $45, I remember TRS, had it for $37 last month, is that only for advance preorders?
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Whats with the lack of Go-Nagai love? pansies. :p
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
I put Mazinger Z up there. That one was a favorite as a kid.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
dvd_master Wrote:I'm sticking with the Kindaichi Case Files. It hurts me to know there's over 100 episodes of those celeverly written, well-developed exciting murder mysteries that I'll never be able to watch.
It hurts to know that! :eek:

My old school faves include Doraemon, Pa-Man, Dr Slump & Shurato.
I like Guyver (at least the first six) and Getta Robo.
-Kanon!!
I got to go with Marmalade Boy and Kodomo no Omocha. Also check out Hana Yori Dango the live action series. Awesome stuff.
[Image: WinterSonata.jpg]

A dream is like snow, it falls then it fades away through time...

~Ryoku Slayer~