Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Old School Anime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What is your favorite old school anime? Right now I;ve been wathing both seasons of

Magic Knights Rayearth. As it seems that noone here remembers Ronin Warriors which is

my favorite old school anime I decided to see if anyone remembers any old school anime.

Anyway I'd like to see if anyone has any other favorites in the old anime. I'm looking

forward to all your responses.
Ronin Warriors (Samurai Troopers) was great, I hated the oavs thought I really think they were a waste of great characters. Geez Magic Knight Rayearth and Ronin Warriors are old school? Captain Harlock, Star Blazers, and Mazinger Z are probably mine
I love the old film 'Manie-Manie' aka 'Neo-Tokyo'.

It is just awesome seeing what some of those directors were doing before they made the big classic anime films like 'Akira' and 'Ninja Scroll' and newer ones like 'Metropolis' and 'Tokyo Godfathers'.
I loooovvvvve lupin the 3rd!
Maison Ikkoku. Anyone who hasn't checked it out, needs to.
Lupin the 3rd or Gundam, probably Lupin though.
Vicious Wrote:Maison Ikkoku. Anyone who hasn't checked it out, needs to.

Agreed, the greatest romantic saga ever drawn.
Lupin the Third
evilomar Wrote:Ronin Warriors (Samurai Troopers) was great, I hated the oavs thought I really think they were a waste of great characters. Geez Magic Knight Rayearth and Ronin Warriors are old school? Captain Harlock, Star Blazers, and Mazinger Z are probably mine

Yes Ronin Warriors is old school as the whole series was released in Japan in the 1960's it

was then shown over her in the 1980's I think. I also enjoy Guyver Bio Booster Armor if

anyone has ever heard of that.
I'm sticking with the Kindaichi Case Files. It hurts me to know there's over 100 episodes of those celeverly written, well-developed exciting murder mysteries that I'll never be able to watch.

Man I need to learn Japanese. And get more money.
Puppet Master Wrote:Lupin the Third

I have to agree with you on that. Lupin the Third is great.
Saint Seiya
Of course I've heard of The Guyver Roy, that was a cool show. One of my old schools favs, but the award definatly has to go to Getta Robo, that is just so cool and old school in every possible way. I also liked Dangaioh, oh and the Devilman OVA's (not amon), and Fist of The North Star is pretty cool.
How do you define old school anime? It's hard for me to consider anything less than 20 years old. When I hear the term old school anime, four names come to my mind. They are Osamu Tezuka, Leiji Matsumoto, Hayao Myazaki, and Go Nagai

From Tezuka, I like Astroboy and Triton of the Sea.
From Matsumoto, Galaxy Express 999, Queen Millennia and Space Battleship Yamato.
From Miyazaki, Nausicaa of the Valley of The Wind, Marco (from Appenines to Andes) and Future Boy Conan

I don't like Go Nagai's stuff, but can't talk about old school anime without his super robots like Mazinger, Getter Robo and Grendizer.
I feel uninformed after reading your post. Sad
Pages: 1 2 3