The reason to own a gamecube
Ryujin Wrote:As for Ryo's comment, I have no idea what your sig means...so you changing it means nothing to me really.

It means just what it says. Gaming is not a hobby or adddiction but is something that

touches on religion. Congrats you have met your first gaming mystic.
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
Nah, your just a deluded fanboy, congrats!!! Wink
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
Ryujin Wrote:Nah, your just a deluded fanboy, congrats!!! Wink

I'd like to see you back that oppinion up. The way that you might be controlling someone

from an alternate world. The thrill of leaving your pitiful shell behind and becoming

something or someone else. The way the atmosphere must be just right before you begin

the ceremony of even picking up a controller. It is an almost sacre realm. Either that or

my Univetsity is slowly driving me nuts. LOL.
Is it just me or does anyone else want ryo to be banned for being such a fucking retard. Good and evil companies my ass... all they want is my money! By the way i hate you die and if gaming is so important to you that it is your religion then get a life.
Quote:Em, HELLO!! That is their business plan, to gain market share and brand recognition and thus in the next generation to gain profit, its called a long term business plan and its a good one. There is no way Microsoft could compete at an equal level with the likes of Sony when first comming in. They need to gain brand recognition and market share.

Besides, all console manufactures sell their console at a loss and make their profits on software sales. So are they all evil for wanting to get market share to sell more games to get profits? or is this a good business plan. I think we all know the answer.

Again, see above.

As for Ryo's comment, I have no idea what your sig means...so you changing it means nothing to me really.

Actually no they don't.. Its like the GameCube they pretty much break even on it. Since they do alot in house to keep cost down on building there system. But the thing is Microsoft is one of the only company's that could do what they are doing.. Loosing $400M a quarter in the Home and Entertainment division which is where the Xbox is. And another thing. microsoft has like 16 divisions.. Only 2 of them turn a profit. The rest all runs at negative value. Also i don't think Sony bought any of square. Squre went to Sony because it was cheaper to manufature and then they agree to sign a contract with Sony for final fantasy games. thats why you see other games from square on other platforums.. More like the Gba and there Sword of Mana etc.. Square just went to what makes them more money.. which i don't blame them for that.. that was Nintendo's fault for going with the Cartridge based N64. Which i remember an old magazine showing shots of the next FF that was going to be on N64 but then they changed and made it on the PSX. So they originally was going to be for the N64.
Schultz Wrote:Actually no they don't.. Its like the GameCube they pretty much break even on it. Since they do alot in house to keep cost down on building there system. But the thing is Microsoft is one of the only company's that could do what they are doing.. Loosing $400M a quarter in the Home and Entertainment division which is where the Xbox is. And another thing. microsoft has like 16 divisions.. Only 2 of them turn a profit. The rest all runs at negative value. Also i don't think Sony bought any of square. Squre went to Sony because it was cheaper to manufature and then they agree to sign a contract with Sony for final fantasy games. thats why you see other games from square on other platforums.. More like the Gba and there Sword of Mana etc.. Square just went to what makes them more money.. which i don't blame them for that.. that was Nintendo's fault for going with the Cartridge based N64. Which i remember an old magazine showing shots of the next FF that was going to be on N64 but then they changed and made it on the PSX. So they originally was going to be for the N64.

Never knew that...I am surprised that Nintendo did stick with a catridge system even at that time for a number of reasons....
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Loading time was the main advantage of carts. It's the same reason they never finished the CD add on for the SNES. Poor data transfer rates were all they could get so I guess they just decided to wait another generation (just so they could shoot themselves in the foot with those infernal mini-disks).
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Blight Wrote:Loading time was the main advantage of carts. It's the same reason they never finished the CD add on for the SNES. Poor data transfer rates were all they could get so I guess they just decided to wait another generation (just so they could shoot themselves in the foot with those infernal mini-disks).

LOL...I ran into a one MAJOR problem cartridge though a wrestling game that would sometimes DELETE every bit of data for no logical reason...I forgot how but I was able to return the thing for a new copy MONTHS AFTER I orignally purchased it...But never had that problem with a memory card...

Personally I can deal with most games loading times if you can name a really slow one I would like to know what it is just out of curousity... BTW TO HELL WITH THE MINI-DISKS! LOL
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Carts save with a battery back up (or at least they use to) that could have been the problem; the battery was bad. As for memory cards, I?ve had a few corrupt my data before and it really pissed me off; i.e. 35+ hours into a RPG!!! As for slow load times, Burn Out three for PS2 really sucks but Stuntman is worse, hated that damn game anyway though.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
babyeater0 Wrote:Is it just me or does anyone else want ryo to be banned for being such a fucking retard. Good and evil companies my ass... all they want is my money! By the way i hate you die and if gaming is so important to you that it is your religion then get a life.

Babyeater, You try having a life at a religious University run by Southern Baptists. If you

succeed then come talk to me. Otherwise leave me be.
Actually reason for not completing was because Nintendo and Sony back stabbed each other.. And then could never get another really company behind it.. they tried a few.. it wasn't because of loading times..
yea agree i have had a few cards loose all my data on them. They where 3rd party cards though.. and since then i will NEVER buy any memory card from a 3rd party company.. I only buy Sony for Playstations and i only buy Nintendo's for theress. Though Xbox i just use a USB key since thats what they are.. ANd the xbox controller is a USB hub btw.
Try Lesuire suit larry for the Xbox. Loading times suck and its always loading.. Also i love nintendo's mini-discs.. They load fast.. Nice and small.. Plus they are on only company to basically win against piracy in that fact.. Only way to really bootleg and play them is use Phantosy star online and copy the game over your network .. and then play them over your network.. And all mods do for your gamecube is allow it to play Japanese games.. but switching over a "gate" on the motherboard .. The system was already designed to do both.. just one has a path on the MB going for japanese.. and other for english.. you just gotta change it to make it play the other.
o and on the buisness ethics.. buying out a bunch of companies and throughing lots of money to get Exclusives is not a way to do buisness. They bought the company for halo when they where makign the game.. (was originally suppose to be PC) then they turned it into there launch title for Xbox. which delayed it for PC users for like 1.5-2 years. then though bought out Rare Soft so they could make an exclusive. But they actually haven't yet.. (What i think is funny is MS bought Rare from Nintendo since Rare hadn't done anything in the last few years worth anything) and i am sure there are other things.. This is basically throwing your weight around because you can and not look back at it. I think it is really bad practice for any buisness. and just shows how big a Monopoly they are that they can do this.
Schultz Wrote:. Also i don't think Sony bought any of square. Squre went to Sony because it was cheaper to manufature and then they agree to sign a contract with Sony for final fantasy games. thats why you see other games from square on other platforums.. More like the Gba and there Sword of Mana etc.. Square just went to what makes them more money.. .
Sony at one time owned 20% of Squaresoft. That is why for several years they were exclusive to Sony. Then when that deal broke I think they partnered up with EA games, now I believe they are with Enix. Yeah you are right, the PS was easier to make games on and cheaper then the N64, they estimated that if they were ever to release FF7 on the 64, it would have cost around 300 bucks, because the cartridge would have to have been so big(like Phantasy Star 4 on the Genesis was). Well I stopped playing FF games when they went to Sony so I really didn't care either way. You were right about the Sony and Nintendo deal, they were going to make a new Cd rom expansion, and decided to show Battle Arena Toshinden as its game.... so Nintendo passed up on it, who would have known years later, the same crappy engine would be running games like FF7, MG Solid, and Resident Evil.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Other reasons to own a Gamecube WandererX12 54 22,155 01-22-2005, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Black Howling