World of WarCraft
I guess most people presume since EQ2 hasn't even been out for a month yet. Unless you played the beta. Which not alot of people played in the beta. But so far i am enjoying the questing system and everything in EQ2 plus the classes actually go hand in hand and work well together.
I loves me thems Worlds of Warcrafts!

Two things sold me on this game:
1) The fact that you are rewarded for -not- playing the game for 8hours a day, 7 days a week. I like to play 1-4 hours every 2 or 3 days... max. In EQ, I could -never- keep up with all the addicted freaks who would play it like it was a full-time job. Having an experience bonus which increases on the amount of time you take "resting" between play sessions is exactly what MMORPGs needed.

2) Battlegrounds... granted, they aren't implemented yet, and who knows when they will be... but on the bright side, I'll have some destructive forces behind my characters by the time they're ready to roll. The idea of having war/strategy team vs. team battles is amazing... let's hope the execution works out as well as it sounds in theory.

...and I haven't even witnessed a real raid yet.

Oh, I forgot about 3) I'm playing as a freaking cow! It's udderly ridiculous!
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
From what i understood about Dark age of Camelot is it already had a War/stratagy team vs team type thing with Realm battles.. and you where also rewarded more for fighting in the realms then just fighting in your own place.. I never got that far but i guess a lvl 20 thats done more realm fights trying to defend there realm would be stronger and more powerful then a lvl 20 who hadn't.. but again i don't know how it worked out. will have to ask my friend who had a lvl 50 char on there..
r00ster Wrote:I
Two things sold me on this game:
1) The fact that you are rewarded for -not- playing the game for 8hours a day, 7 days a week. I like to play 1-4 hours every 2 or 3 days... max. In EQ, I could -never- keep up with all the addicted freaks who would play it like it was a full-time job. Having an experience bonus which increases on the amount of time you take "resting" between play sessions is exactly what MMORPGs needed.

Thats actually a pretty smart feature to allow people that don't play much to keep up with those that do. And it also makes it so people that play alot don't have as much reason to do it.. Since they would not need to do it.

Also i am wondering about how things will do in EQ2 i have read about "City" Raids which sounds like if you are from Freeport you try and Raid Qeynos which i think would be pretty fun.. hopefully they would implement where people could defend there city.. I think that would be fun as hell. but i doubt they would implemented that since they don't even have PvP implemented yet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  world of warcraft yukimoritenchen 5 3,303 03-13-2005, 07:27 PM
Last Post: r00ster
  World of Warcraft The Maniac 7 4,113 01-25-2005, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Schultz
  World Of Warcraft Anyone??? DARK OSAMU 12 6,274 08-17-2004, 12:01 AM
Last Post: DARK OSAMU