Which are your favorite animes?
I'll second that opinion about the OVAs. The full 26 episode series was much stronger than the OVAs. I love the range of characters and all the situations the crew get into throughout the show.

I wouldn't call that series my hands down favourite but it is certainly one worth owning a copy of.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Sora Wrote:The OVA is forgettable? I only watched this cause whenit was on TV for some reason they didn's show the actual series but only parts of the Ovas. Anyway I loved it even though it didn't really make much sense since there were a lot of unexplained things that you would know if you already had watched theb TV series.
If the TV seriesis that much better I just have to get it.

Well, a lot of people like the OVA. I felt parts of it were out-of-character due to reasons I don't want to give away here. Let's just say that, throughout the television series, a chemistry developed between Tylor and his crew, and in the OVA it was as though it never existed. The OVA is rocky in other areas, as well.

The Irresponsible Captain Tylor (26-ep TV series) isn't the best anime of all time, just one of my personal favorites. While on the surface it has a somewhat rollicking, engaging plot which moves forward and likeable characters, with a goodly balance of humor and seriousness mixed in, underneath the surface it has details and emotional content that become apparent to more mature audiences. Anyone with a short attention span will miss the point entirely and should avoid, although in all honesty, I think even they would enjoy it! There is enough interesting surface material to engage almost any audience.

Anyone into English dubs, as forementioned, should also avoid this one, as one simply won't get the same enjoyment out of it.

I don't like to build people's hopes up over a series, so for the majority of people I would say, it's a good one to pick up if you haven't seen it, and if you don't have ADD. The plot builds to some intereesting climaxes.

As far as Sorcerer Hunters, I realize it's no amazingly skilled piece of work/animation; I just enjoy it. Wink
1. Gundam Zeta
2. Blue Gender
3. Berserk
4. Princess Nine
5. Ranma 1/2
My favorite animes are:

1) Ronin Warriors

2)Tekkaman Blade

3)Darkstalkers

4)Dual Parallel Trouble Adventure

5) Legend of the Dragon Kings

6)Trigun

7)Hellsing

8)Bubblegum Crisis 2040

9)Vision of Escaflowne

10) Troubled Chocolate

Actually Cowboy Bebop might be somewhere up there too. Criticize me if u like but I

believe a feeling for the classics and sometime the forgotten or undervalued animes is

essentail at times.
Hi I am new here but here is my list. in no particular order

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion

2. Hellsing

3. Outlaw Star

4. Cowboy Bebop

5. Gundam Wing

Just bought Visions of Escaflowne of here is it good??
sk1nd0g Wrote:Just bought Visions of Escaflowne of here is it good??
I bought it from here also, its pretty good. Diffrent than I expected, but still good.
Thats good the, i caught a clip of the movie and that looks good, although i get the feeling around here that most people prefer the tv series
sk1nd0g Wrote:Thats good the, i caught a clip of the movie and that looks good, although i get the feeling around here that most people prefer the tv series

That may be true, as ive seen both but I think the story for the tv series was better. One

of the main things I liked about the movie though was the evil Escaflowne, totally

aweesome,need to get me one of those. THen again it might be painful. Oh btw does

anyone know if theres a palce where i can get cosplay costumes or do u have to make

them?
Here's mine and in no particular order-

1. Akira
2. GITS-SAC
3. GITS
4. GITS-Innocence
5. Last Exile
6. Ninja Scroll
7. Blue Sub#6
8. Spriggan
9. Gasaraki
10. Gundam 0080
11. LAIN
12. Patlabor
13. Wicked City
14. Perfect Blue
15. Wolf's Rain

Nightmare campus is pretty awesome. I think that Volcano High copied this?
You are suffering from analitis. Please do not adjust your screen. This condition occurs when the nerves leading to your eyes and anus short circuit and are then fused together. Thus giving one a shitty outlook in life. Big Grin
Bowboy Bebop
Naruto
Fooly Cooly (even though its so damn short)
Lupin the III
im tired but im sure there are more
"HOW DOES THAT FELES?! WE EBATED YOU!"
-Heated Halo Loser
Kare Kano
Maison Ikkoku
Kodomo No omacha
berserk
escaflowne
Jubei chan ninja girl
GHIBLI!! for the love of everything, GHIBLI films should be in every list

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top 10 favorite Anime series Steve_the_Talking_Pie 101 35,915 10-25-2005, 01:55 AM
Last Post: Mot_Soldats
  Top Ten Favorite Anime Opening Theme Songs!!!!! Kiruyuki 17 8,049 08-12-2005, 02:24 PM
Last Post: hbk101
  ONE And Only Favorite Anime Character! DARK OSAMU 54 19,464 01-26-2005, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Spawn of Loki
  Favorite anime villian? Olegoldeneyes 43 16,428 12-18-2004, 01:48 PM
Last Post: katherine_jean
  Favorite Anime Hero? Ryo of Inferno 39 13,847 11-15-2004, 11:06 PM
Last Post: rav96
  Favorite Anime Soundtrack +Pepsidude+ 17 6,975 11-10-2004, 05:38 AM
Last Post: Ryujin
  My favorite anime is Fist of the north star buffgod 11 5,681 05-06-2004, 09:13 PM
Last Post: buffgod
  Favorite Anime bonafide1109 25 8,460 10-03-2003, 06:01 AM
Last Post: Shibo
  If you could pick just one anime that is your favorite- puzzleguy 21 7,887 09-15-2003, 06:27 AM
Last Post: DARK OSAMU
  Poll: Favorite Anime Intro Vance 20 7,391 06-09-2003, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Night