Communist pirates UNITE!
Blight Wrote:[
I know what I think is idealistic and expectations of things getting significantly better are unrealistic, but I’m sure as hell not going to endorse or even ignore something that I hate so much.

You do know what kind of website you are on don't you? :confused:
elcoholic Wrote:You do know what kind of website you are on don't you? :confused:

Well, I do, but I still mostly buy my R1's. Speaking of which, as if my backlog wasn't already big enough, I just got 7 more DVD's all delivered today:

Fighting Spirit #2
Gundam Seed # 2 and #3
Kiddy Grade #7
Wolf's Rain #3
Miami Guns #4
Eva Platinum #2

Why do they all have to arrive at the same time. :confused:
Vicious Wrote:Why do they all have to arrive at the same time. :confused:

That's a problem because...?
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Vicious Wrote:Well, I do, but I still mostly buy my R1's. Speaking of which, as if my backlog wasn't already big enough, I just got 7 more DVD's all delivered today:

Fighting Spirit #2
Gundam Seed # 2 and #3
Kiddy Grade #7
Wolf's Rain #3
Miami Guns #4
Eva Platinum #2

Why do they all have to arrive at the same time. :confused:
Just had the same thing happen today... with Last Exile 6, Mezzo Shell One, and Texhnolyze 4... however, that's nothing compared to my end of November order which has topped out at $450 CDN. So much stuff I probably couldn't name it off the top of my head...

EDIT: Who am I kidding...
Chrono Crusade 2, Eva Platinum 3, sCRYed Perfect Collection, Kiddy Grade 7, Rod TV 3, Escaflowne Perfect Collection, Paranoia Agent 1, Wolf's Rain 3
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
Blight Wrote:[COLOR=DarkRed]Piracy just completely sucks. But since you are apparently ignorant of its negativities, I?ll break it down for you.

I think you need to read the FAQ and realise you are on a BOOTLEG site. Yes as in pirate dvd's...
Blight Wrote:[COLOR=DarkRed]Piracy just completely sucks. But since you are apparently ignorant of its negativities, I?ll break it down for you.

Maybe you should stay off this website/forum and join a legit anime forum. It's a wonder when some1 could join a BOOTLEG website and begin bashing bootlegs. Is this hypocrisy or plain ignorance? :confused: :confused: Rolleyes
I actually find myself to be a hypocrite in here from time to time.
I do consider HK DVDs to be a form of stealing just the same as file sharing of mp3s or avi files. How can I hope to make a living as a creative individual if I support theft from other creative individuals.
It would be cool if communism actually worked and some people could just make their living creating things while other people made their livings making sure things worked while others made their living researching cures for cancer. Unfortunately, human nature doesn't allow true communism to work. By nature, most people try to get as much as they can for as little effort possible.

So how do I justify my indulgences in file sharing and HK DVDs? I look forward to a day where I can afford to buy the R1s for all the anime and music I enjoy. Until that day, my stealing adds to my shame that I don't have a better career to afford all the things I want in my life. This is a moral dillemma that I fight with frequently.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Japschin Wrote:Maybe you should stay off this website/forum and join a legit anime forum. It's a wonder when some1 could join a BOOTLEG website and begin bashing bootlegs. Is this hypocrisy or plain ignorance? :confused: :confused: Rolleyes

I guess people are just well...Stupid by nature a lot of the time... Rolleyes It's just the nature of some I guess...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Zagatto Wrote:So how do I justify my indulgences in file sharing and HK DVDs?
It's all about balance. I rented Slayers Vol 1. years ago, and learned how two hook 2 VCRs together real fast. Evenutally I bought the first R1 boxset and gave my bootleg to a younger cousin, a few years after that I bought the R1 DVD boxset. If it wasn't for the rewatching of that bootleg, Slayers would have been forgotten, and I'd be $200 dollars richer. Damn piracy always costing people money. As for HK DVDs, 5 volumes of GTO and no job lets me sleep easy after getting the rest of the series from FX.
All right, all right! I?m stupid. I didn?t check out the store or FAQ that well. I read lots of reviews and wanted to check out the forum to see if the effort in the reviews went it to the posts. I?m an idiot, and I never should have opened my stupid mouth without knowing. Also, while proclaiming my opinion, I inadvertently judged people I don?t know. I hate when other people do that and now I?m a hypocrite. Sorry.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
I laugh at you, FOOL!
babyeater0 Wrote:I laugh at you, FOOL!
All the while we are all laughing at YOU.
I know, but still that blink guy was being laughed out with me! Which makes it better and more fun, YES!
WandererX12 Wrote:It's all about balance. I rented Slayers Vol 1. years ago, and learned how two hook 2 VCRs together real fast. Evenutally I bought the first R1 boxset and gave my bootleg to a younger cousin, a few years after that I bought the R1 DVD boxset. If it wasn't for the rewatching of that bootleg, Slayers would have been forgotten, and I'd be $200 dollars richer. Damn piracy always costing people money. As for HK DVDs, 5 volumes of GTO and no job lets me sleep easy after getting the rest of the series from FX.

I got the entire GTO R1 series for $80. =P That series is definitely worth getting the R1's to support 'em.

I don't think bootlegs are all that bad. There are a LOT of animes I own in R1 right now I would not have even tried if it hadn't been for bootlegs. Some are lesser known titles (his and her) and some I just wouldn't have tried out. (Kenshin)
babyeater0 Wrote:I know, but still that blink guy was being laughed out with me! Which makes it better and more fun, YES!

He isn't being laughed at anymore now that he has admited to his ignorance(most people wouldn't have posted at all anymore). There are few things that deserve repect more than admitting you were wrong. It takes a real man (or woman) to do that and not doing so causes most arguments. You on the other hand will most likely never earn anyones respect, anywhere.

Please stick arround Blight.