Newtype USA Bringing Back DVD
elcoholic Wrote:Small side note but this isn't exactly in favour of ADV. Its awesome that their VA's do this but it sucks ADV wont pay them for their appearance, atleast pay for transportation and hotels since they are advertising the company. It does show how much the VA's like ADV that they do this for them.

Well, some of them just love to meet fans. I was told that alot of them tell Monica Rial that she needs to turn down some of these cons. But the majority of the time, if she's asked, she's too nice to say no and will end up going anyways.
I used to pretty interested in getting a subscription to Newtype but decided on Shonen Jump instead because its 81 dollars for a subscription to Newtype. The ten dollar newsstand price drove me away from buying it at all and, it will be a cold day in hell when I pay 13 bucks for a friggen magazine; that?s just nuts. As for the ADV controversy, I can?t add anything that tangible. When I buy DVD?s now I really don?t pay that much attention to who makes it, I just do research first to find it?s good or not. I?ve never been to a Convention of any kind before either, but I understand business is business and some of their practices, from what I?ve been told, are a break from the mold in a positive manner. I?m sure a lot of people think that the price is too much no matter what they throw in with it. That alone will prompt some kind of action by it makers. The bottom line is that a company?s goal is to make a profit, lots of it. Anything that they think will help them accomplish their goal, their going to try even if it turns out like I suspect this will.

And while I don?t think your stupid or anything Last Exile, you did kind of open yourself up for a Vicious treatment. You should be more careful not to piss people off, unless you intend to.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe