Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Newtype USA Bringing Back DVD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
All i can say is "Those Fucking Bastards" right when i was going to get the subb just for the dvd they announce this:

Newtype USA is bringing back bringing back the its DVD insert as part of its 2-year anniversary. In August of this year, Newtype announced that the DVD was going to become a subscriber-only feature, rather than being included in the newsstand edition. Due to popular demand, Newtype is returning the DVD to the newsstand starting with the November 2004 issue. At the same time, Newtype will be raising its cover price to $12.98.

Why the hell do they ahve to raise the price i would say lower it. but noooooooooo... ADV (Cough ...money hores) owner of Newtype-USA magazine. why you ask am i posting this if i hate it so musch well i love the magazine but they just piss me off by rasing prices on already high priced items. so my question to you is WTF is there problem? im glad to see the DVD coming back but not happy about paying 12.98 for it ! might as well get the subb ill save money. FUCKERS piss me off ADV has hit a new low in my book ! "Vicious that is my FUCKING opinion"

what are all of your thoughts ?

-LE
Last Exile Wrote:"Vicious that is my FUCKING opinion"

what are all of your thoughts ?

What the fuck is your problem? Why even mention my name? Why start another argument you can't win with me? You've lost every single time. Are you some sort of masochist? Do you just enjoy pain and torture? Get a fucking life.

My thoughts are stop your fucking bitching to us. We don't give a fuck about you and your personal issues. If you wanted to do something about it, you'd contact ADV and tell them how you feel rather than crying to us all the time.

Also, they raised the newstand price. The subscription price is the same. But I'm sure a genius like you already knew that right? And I'm sure a genius like you would know that this gives people greater incentive to get a subscription. It's called a good business move. But I'm sure someone with pipedreams of their own anime company like you already knew all that.

One last question: Everytime you open your mouth in real life, does everyone point at you and say "God Damn. What a Fucking dumbass!!!"? Because that's what I do everytime I see a post from you.
LOL, man you guys crack me up! Big Grin
Man this got hostile. I never cared much for the magazine itself anyway. Figures they would loose so much customers off the no-DVD thing, I anticipated that from the start.

I don't hate ADV (although it's been a few f-ing months since Your and My Secret #1... how long must I wait?) but the price thing is still going to throw me away. I still will pick up the occaisional one though.
dvd_master Wrote:but the price thing is still going to throw me away. I still will pick up the occaisional one though.

Yeah. I wasn't excited about the price hike either. I don't like the mag enough to get a subscription, but will pick it up occasionally if I'm in a bookstore. But I doubt I'll be picking it up for $13.
Well if you think the price is steap come to the UK where (if you actually find a copy) The price can be over £7-8 for a MAGAZINE! Thats like $14.40 so any price you lot moan about is garanteed to be higher in the UK.
i mentioned your name cause i know you would be there with a remark that i was wrong and well i didnt care to go there. im not bitching im informing alot of people wouldnt know if they were putting the dvd back in i added my comment as if i were replying like you all.

but what ever glad to inform even if no one cares.

-LE
Last Exile Wrote:i mentioned your name cause i know you would be there with a remark that i was wrong and well i didnt care to go there. im not bitching im informing alot of people wouldnt know if they were putting the dvd back in i added my comment as if i were replying like you all.

but what ever glad to inform even if no one cares.

-LE

Idiot. Quit picking fights with Vicious, you make yourself look like a retard, especially if you don't try to.

Anyways, the $13 an issue pretty much guarantees I won't pick up this magazine ever again. Personally, i'd like the option for a $10 no dvd issue. I don't pick up a video game magazine because of the demo disc, and I won't pick up an anime magazine because of a dvd bonus disc.

As for ADV being bastards, ADV is one of the few companies that give anime fans their anime for a decent price. They are one of the few companies that seem to care about their customers. But then again, this is coming from the guy that wants to start his own company but wants to buy bootlegs.

What do you bitch for anyways? Especially when it concerns what a company does. You just steal whatever they release anyways.
Cidien Wrote:What do you bitch for anyways? Especially when it concerns what a company does. You just steal whatever they release anyways.

[Image: yamatowned.jpg]

Tongue
The only thing ADV cares about is their bottom line, they don't give a flying fuck about us anime fans. I've seen this time and time again in what they do and how the dirty bastards do it. "They give the fans decent anime at fair prices", in what alternate universe does this happen? Raising New Type usa's price to 13 bucks, no fucking way am I gonna pay that price. What the hell are the pages printed on-gold leaf with sterling silver letters? And they can take their goddamn dvd and shove it-all it ever had was blurbs for their own stuff anyway. If you guessed that I don't like ADV-you'd be right!!
zrdb Wrote:The only thing ADV cares about is their bottom line, they don't give a flying fuck about us anime fans. I've seen this time and time again in what they do and how the dirty bastards do it. "They give the fans decent anime at fair prices", in what alternate universe does this happen? Raising New Type usa's price to 13 bucks, no fucking way am I gonna pay that price. What the hell are the pages printed on-gold leaf with sterling silver letters? And they can take their goddamn dvd and shove it-all it ever had was blurbs for their own stuff anyway. If you guessed that I don't like ADV-you'd be right!!

It is a fact that ADV DVD's can be had for lower prices than most other anime DVD's. So the alternate universe we're talking about is the real world. Perhaps you've heard of it.

Also, all you guys that hate on ADV really don't know much about business in general do you? All companies care about the bottom line. They are a business, not a charity. But ADV does care about the fans more than most of the other anime companies.

That's why they don't lie to us like Geneon did at Otakon when someone asked them if they were getting the same dub cast back for Saiyuki Reloaded. They lied to our faces and said they weren't sure when in fact they had already been dubbing for 3 months.

That's why you'll see more ADV VA's at cons than most others. Guess what? They don't get paid an appearance fee. In fact, they have to shell out their own money for hotel and airfare to attend some of the smaller cons. So tell me exactly how is that benefitting them?

That's why when I was at Otakon, they gave out better freebies than any of the other panels I was at. Geneon didn't even give out anything. Bandai gave out free t-shirts and hats. ADV gave out not only DVD's, but DVD's with boxes, and full size plushies as well. What did they have to gain from doing that?

I've given you numerous examples when I didn't have to. But since you said you've "seen this time and time again in what they do and how the dirty bastards do it", perhaps you could tell us some of these instances. I'd love to hear them.
Vicious Wrote:I've given you numerous examples when I didn't have to. But since you said you've "seen this time and time again in what they do and how the dirty bastards do it", perhaps you could tell us some of these instances. I'd love to hear them.

Was just about to reply and ask that but Vicious beat me to it. Cough 'em up.
Crap, i missed most of that free stuff at Otakon, and i was in the dealer's room a lot.

I didn't even have a reason, but i like ADV most of all out of the Anime companies. I'd still like to see a rebuttal though.
Since you were going to get the sub anyway. This merely gives you another option.
Quote:That's why you'll see more ADV VA's at cons than most others. Guess what? They don't get paid an appearance fee. In fact, they have to shell out their own money for hotel and airfare to attend some of the smaller cons. So tell me exactly how is that benefitting them?

Small side note but this isn't exactly in favour of ADV. Its awesome that their VA's do this but it sucks ADV wont pay them for their appearance, atleast pay for transportation and hotels since they are advertising the company. It does show how much the VA's like ADV that they do this for them.
Pages: 1 2