Christopher Reeve Dies
I'm sure you guys have heard by now, that actor Christopher Reeves, mostly remembered for playing the role of Superman, died Sunday, he was 52. It usually doesn't bother me when famous people die. This one however, did bring me down today. I saw the first movie as a child and, because of it started reading comic books. To me he was my childhood hero; He made me believe that a man could fly. You can't think of Superman without thinking of Reeve. Now as an adult I still looked at him as a hero, for never giving up, even though he was paralyzed. I even got a bit teary eyed during the Super Bowl commercial that showed Christopher Reeve walking again. This is truly sad news and a great lost, not only to Holywood, or comic book fans, but to humanity. He will be truly missed.

"But most will remember this sad day as the day the proudest, most noble man they ever knew finally fell. For those who loved him -- one who would call him husband, one who would be his pal, or those who would call him son -- this is the darkest day they could ever imagine. They raised him to be a hero: to know the value of sacrifice, to know the value of life. And for those who served with Superman in the protection of all life comes the shock of a failure: the weight of being too late to help. For a city to live, a man had given his all and more. But it's too late. For this is the day that a Superman died."

Superman #75
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Yeh I feel the same. I was very shocked. Did he really manage to walk again? Very sad for me, as I love the superman movies as well
we all know what HE thinks (link, because the damned active script won't underline the stupid links. Schultz, fix this!)
This post is to show my respect for Christopher Reeves, the true Superman.
There's no point introducing myself to the death.

My R1 Collection
My HK Collection
I'm with Maddox on this one.
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Maddox is a fucking idiot. I remember reading a year ago, he was bitching about David Lynch movies, using old George Carlin material. I can't believe there are geeks that are so bored on the fucking net, they write bullshit stories like this to make themselves feel better about never being able to talk to a woman without giving their credit card number. If this dick had done a little research he would have known that Mr. Reeve was a big voice in greenpeace and Anti Nuclear Weapons. What the hell? Things like this happen to all sorts of people. Yes most of us don't care about a certain dicease or misfortune, till it hits us close to home. People can't find a new meaning in life after something like this? I don't usually let things bother me, specially when it comes from the internet, but this shit this guy wrote really pisses me off.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
I agree with Evilomar about maddox. Especially since i watched a special about Stem cell research and also talking about Christopher Reeve's. One thing especially after that accident he probably worked out harder then any one of us with his body. He would setup things to allow him to run even through he couldn't fully control it. Also they learned through experimences with what he was doing that your Muscles has some slight residual memory.. (Don't know exactly how to spell it or what its really called) that when he would start running on this machine his muscles would naturally do the motions. Also he did start get feeling back into his legs because of everything he has done. Quite a bit of people give up on life after that happens.. but i was glad to see that he never did. Its amazing what people can and will do when they go through a really massive hardship.
Oh sh*t i didnt even realise!

RIP the True Superman
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
and kak all you gotta do is use a http before the link and it will automatically parse it.. If it don't then you can just use the [url] bbcode stuff.. there is no Active Script stuff thats microsoft junk.
evilomar Wrote:I'm sure you guys have heard by now, that actor Christopher Reeves, mostly remembered for playing the role of Superman, died Sunday, he was 52. It usually doesn't bother me when famous people die. This one however, did bring me down today. I saw the first movie as a child and, because of it started reading comic books. To me he was my childhood hero; He made me believe that a man could fly. You can't think of Superman without thinking of Reeve. Now as an adult I still looked at him as a hero, for never giving up, even though he was paralyzed. I even got a bit teary eyed during the Super Bowl commercial that showed Christopher Reeve walking again. This is truly sad news and a great lost, not only to Holywood, or comic book fans, but to humanity. He will be truly missed.

"But most will remember this sad day as the day the proudest, most noble man they ever knew finally fell. For those who loved him -- one who would call him husband, one who would be his pal, or those who would call him son -- this is the darkest day they could ever imagine. They raised him to be a hero: to know the value of sacrifice, to know the value of life. And for those who served with Superman in the protection of all life comes the shock of a failure: the weight of being too late to help. For a city to live, a man had given his all and more. But it's too late. For this is the day that a Superman died."

Superman #75

That is very sad news.. I too remember the old Superman Movies and how perfect he was for the role..The only true Superman truly has died... What's really sad is that he never did get to walk again that I know of..Perfect piece BTW

May he Rest in Peace
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
it said on ch4 (british tele) that he will always be remembered best for playing the caped crusader, anyone notice anything wrong with that?
see you space cowboy...
sanosuke Wrote:it said on ch4 (british tele) that he will always be remembered best for playing the caped crusader, anyone notice anything wrong with that?

Not really, because if it wasn't for that role, he wouldn't even be on the news. He'd just be another name on the Obituary page.
The caped crusader is Batman.
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Vicious Wrote:Not really, because if it wasn't for that role, he wouldn't even be on the news. He'd just be another name on the Obituary page.
indeed, batman was the caped crusader!!! it was almost like they ruined his funeral or something!!! they couldnt even get that much right
see you space cowboy...
I have always hated Christopher Reeve. I hated him long before he was paralyzed. He was just too damn smug.

I am much more upset over the death of Rodney Dangerfield.