Modded X-box
Well it all depends on what you want to be considered the best.. All modchip's in the end do the same thing.. Allow you to play backuped games and run unsigned code. But do you want all the xtra features.. I do think the X3 is nice.. I mean you can add a Lan and HDD activity leds.. but you can also do that with your own stuff just with LED's. Also i think the X3 Config Live is pretty cool. (ATM i have Xenium and a SmartXX in my two xbox's) since the X3 wasn't out yet.

Also i perfer UnleashX and Avalaunch as dashboards.. UnleashX because of great skinning features plus it has alot of nice Options built into it. Like Game Save Manager, Built in Text Editor, File Manager, Also delete games from your menu list instead of going into the Text Editor. The only thing its missing is a FTP Client which should be in a new release when he puts one out. That is the only reason i keep Avalaunch around is to transfer games between Xbox's since you can do it from the Dashboard.. And Evox is pretty much a basic limited functionality dashboard. I keep it around only as a Flash Utility for some xbox's.
Robojack Wrote:IMO, there's not enough decent titles in the GC's library to warrant so troublesome of a process. I love Japanese games of all sorts (RPGs, fighters, action, mech), and GC doesn't provide me with nearly enough of such titles. On the other hand, getting a modded PS1, later followed by a modded PS2 is one of the most economical things I've ever done.
man Robojack, you really dont like nintendo do you? me on the other hand, if you slice me open i bleed red, just like nintendo and man utd! Big Grin
see you space cowboy...
You can mod your X-Box without a mod chip. I don?t have an X-Box but if I did this is the way I would do it. Trying to install a mod chip can be very hazardous, if you screw up you ruin the machine but if you go to this link http://kevinrose.typepad.com/kr/2004/06/...box_m.html you can get the details about how to hack the X-Box with little to no technical no-how. I saw them do it on tech TV and it looked pretty easy.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Playing imports on the GC is not a troublesome process, all you have to do is run the disk I mentioned in an earlier post, you don't have to take the GP apart in any way to run import titles. Ony way it gets simpler is if you by an import GC
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
Hey, anybody know if you use the Freeloader for the gamecube can you run copied games that way or will this only work with a modchip or are there any other cheap solutions out there? I have a moded x-box that I did myself, my mom actually has the gamecube, so I thought this could be a nice addition if you could!
xbox-scene.com is definitly a good place to find info (just to backup someones post)
which dashboard to use depends on what you want although i would have to say that for beginers evox is the best choice as your less likely to stuff up.ive just got a cheapo mod chip at the mo with dual boot up so if you hold down power button different dash loads.ive also got 2 hdd with switch.Its all going in my mame machine soon.posted comments before in general thread looking for artwork but here is a little more updated version of what im doing. http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?s...781&st=135
currently have most snes genesis and a halluva lota mame games on xbox.thats about 900 snes 900 genesis and 1200 mame.also have nes and master system on disk but havnt got round to transfering yet as i feel i may have enough Smile and plus i tend to use my pocket pc for the nes and mastersystem
oh yeah and for good hk silver games 11tech.com has always been good they also do movies ps2
edit posted wrong link heres a better one of my artwork
http://www.arcadecontrols.org/yabbse/ind...adid=25525
since then ive decided that sword in panel would be lame so im not gunna. Putting it on mount in my room uv styles would be cool though, even just sit it on top of cab.
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]
Emulaters rule. There are alot of stuff out for xbox like the microsoft mdeia center and lots of available software for the xblx. you have to know where to find it and it can get expensive but its worth it having a 3gig harddrive and being able to play any game avialable.
The only problem is you can't do that with new xbox's.. the bandnew ones can only be modded with Mod chips. for older xbox's you can do Softmod's with audio and font exploits so its only running xploits off the software.. but problems if a game updates your dashboard it could mess up alot of things and make your system non-usable. Modchips are by far the best way to go. and even now there are Solderless options for older xbox's which makes it really easy to install.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where is the Best place to buy a modded X-box evilomar 14 6,321 10-27-2003, 05:07 AM
Last Post: NYxCalm