Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Modded X-box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Been thinking about getting one for a year now. Do any of you guys have one, if so how do you like it? Where did you get it?
What do you mean by modded?
I know about the modded version of the game cube that came out but havent heard anything about the X-Box yet
Modchiped= being able to play copied games.

I have never heard of a modded GC. Would be kinda hard copieing those small discs and all. It is possible to hook it up to a computer and play downloaded games that way.

I just got a modded ps2 and doubled my collection in 3 weeks. There are lots of sites selling copied games for a couple of bucks if you don't have a dvd-burner of your own. Copieing is simple. Just use Nero or something and there are no extra steps involved. My ps2 runs everything perfect. I think its the same for xbox. The chips are of such high quality nowadays that it causes no threat for consoles. There is some difference between chips. Do some research before deciding which one to take. I wish i had mine from the start. For info try http://www.consoleunderground.com for lots of usefull links.
I was thinking of modified version of the core machine. Their is a version of the Game Cube that was made by panasonic a year back or so that was front loading like a car CD player but had a big enough slot to take regular DVD's which it was able to play.
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?categor...s_id=1575& this is the link if you want to take a look. It is called the Panasonic Q
Well also you can modify your gamecube so that it can play imports.. Its really easy i just haven't gotten around to doing it yet.. Also yes i do have a modded xbox and you can do more then just play burnt games.. There is actually a ton of homebrew software out there.. Like media players (http://www.xboxmediacenter.de) which i find very useful for watching downloaded anime on my tv instead of my computer. Also you can switch out the harddrive and put a larger one in. Allowing you to copy games to the harddrive and running games off there. Plus there are even some Homebrew games in development for the xbox. Also for Xbox's your one stop place for info is http://www.xbox-scene.com they will have tutorials for about anything. Also with xbox's the drives you can get in them range from pure shit to nice ones.. If you happen to pick which drive you want always choose Samsung DVD drive in your Xbox because those can read anything you put in. While Thomson and Philips Drives won't read CD-R's and they complain about some DVD-R's. They are really shitty drives.. and to answer your last question. I modded mine myself.
you should definately get your xbox modded, my mate has one and he has yet to play an xbox game he just emulates snes and arcade classics, he only has like 2000 roms!!! its so good!!! better than halo!!! please dont rip my head off for saying that Big Grin
I will agree halo sucks.. but then again i don't care much for FPS's. Only a few i have liked..
Their is a 20$ program from the site I mentioned in my earlier post about the Game Cube called "Free Loader" you run it in your GC until a dialog screen pops up then pop your import GC titles into your domestic GC without reseting the machine and they play fine, without having to tinker with the system itself. Not really sure why Nintendo didn't just incorperate this into the machine in the first place? But no big thing I guess.
Mantis421 Wrote:I was thinking of modified version of the core machine. Their is a version of the Game Cube that was made by panasonic a year back or so that was front loading like a car CD player but had a big enough slot to take regular DVD's which it was able to play.
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?categor...s_id=1575& this is the link if you want to take a look. It is called the Panasonic Q

Damn, I never seen or heard about that thing before. Thank for the link.
IMO, there's not enough decent titles in the GC's library to warrant so troublesome of a process. I love Japanese games of all sorts (RPGs, fighters, action, mech), and GC doesn't provide me with nearly enough of such titles. On the other hand, getting a modded PS1, later followed by a modded PS2 is one of the most economical things I've ever done.
Yeah X-Box is the best for emu through a console. You can play almost any system that isn't next-gen. Microsoft finally made a system for all the emu and homebrew gamers. When I get some cash I am gonna buy a modded X-Box.
Robojack Wrote:IMO, there's not enough decent titles in the GC's library to warrant so troublesome of a process. I love Japanese games of all sorts (RPGs, fighters, action, mech), and GC doesn't provide me with nearly enough of such titles. On the other hand, getting a modded PS1, later followed by a modded PS2 is one of the most economical things I've ever done.

Till you screw up the PS2 eye from reading all the burnt Cds and DVDs, because its a piece of crap, that looked like it was assembled by children in Peru (I can say that! I use that's where I was born). Thanks for all the info on the X-box guys, I will probably get one early next year. The main thing I was worried about playing was the Mame emulator they had on it. Ohh yeah I'm not a big Halo fan.
Actually, I'm careful with what discs I use on my PS2. I know that it's a poorly manufactured product, so I only use either Ridata (Ritek) or Mitsui DVDs. Both are known in the modding community to be the best media for backups, and are proven to do no more harm to the PS2's lens as a certified PS2 disc.

The price you pay for modding an X-box to play emulated titles, you might as well buy a low-end PC that can easily handle everything, for a much lower price.
yeah I recnetly got a x-ecutor3 kit for my xbox. I was wondering if anyone know which mod chip it the best out of the 4th generation mod chips? X-ecutor, Xchip, Xenium, smartxx????? etc. Also which dashboard do you guys rcomend? ie. Evox, Avalaunch etc????
Pages: 1 2