*~Japanese word of the day~*
A quick Spanish lesson. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Pie = "Foot" in Spanish. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Man, my pies are killing me!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
hehe im a native spanish speaker how does this help me in any way shape or form? =P
So would that make you steve the talking foot? I know little spanish. I should probably learn though. I think that will be the last language I pick up. I think it appears to be pretty easy. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Quote:Originally posted by "Rei1781"

hehe im a native spanish speaker how does this help me in any way shape or form? =P

Reinforcement. I don't want you to lose the culture. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Rei what is the Spanish equivalent of Pie? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

migi (e) - to the right

hidari (e) - to the left

gakko- school

koban - police box
OMAE NO OKASAN WA JORO DESU YO. DAISUKE SUPAGETI.

TRANSLATION:
Your mother is a whore. I like spagehti. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Why do the Japanese feel a need to add an 'o' onto the end of each American world? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Example in Marmalade Boy (during a Tennis match with Mikki): Niceo Shot!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Heehe..Japanese are lazy in translating words..serious no joking around...hope im not offending anyone!.see japanese is composed of 3 sets of characters 1) Hiragana-Mainly used just for japanese words or items (sushi, shinobi)..2) Katakana- non japanese things like tennis, hamburger 3) Kanji- Chinese characters...4) Romanji- is just words in alphabets..not really used since if ur in japan u would know the symbols..so like for example if u were to translate your own name "Steve"..you would use katakana characters and try to match the way ur name sounds in english with the hiragana characters... japanese doesnt have single consanents like (h, y, l) they do have vowels..so like down below are some words and u can clearly see lol how close they are to the english..

1)gamu - chewing gum
2)hankachi - hankerchief
3) miruku- milk

There are a whole bucnh..so like when u say it in japanese it pretty much sounds like the english but japanese tend to say it "funny" so the listener will pick up that its a foreign word...also u dont have to prounounce all he vowels in the word...like "raita- lighter" so u dont have to prounce the "i" so it would sound out like "liteta"..hehe pretty cool :wink:
That clears some stuff up. Though I'll still crack a smile everytime it happens. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

hehe n/p 8)
Check out www.engrish.com . See more incidents of Japanese stuff gone wrong. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I love the japanese language more than the language I was born speaking.

KAKATTEKOI

TRANSLATION: come on, bring it on, let's fight.

TOIRE WA DOKO DA? ORE KUSO GA SHITEE!

TRANSLATION: Where's the toilet? I've gotta crap.

Just some more good stuff for you guys to log into memory. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
Can you speak fluent Japanese? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

for the most part. New word: DEBUU

TRANSLATION: FATASS. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
So you don't need to watch anime with subs? Can you have a conversation with someone? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: