Those great ol games based on anime
Quote:Originally posted by "Xellos2099"

I know some games that make decent anime. like sakura war serie. The game rocks and the anime is not half bad either.

yeah i would have added that to the list also...... i LOOOOOVE the sakura wars games... and i LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the sakura wars anime.......

too bad i've only beat 1 and 4 of the games..... still haven't touched part 2... and am stuck on the beginning of cd3 of 3 :p

hmmm.... but now that the idea of this topic has kinda changed..... then i'll be able to think of more......
Sakura Wars OAV was ok but it had no closure. Looking foward to the TV series. It should be pretty good. Love the opening theme. Can't find the closing theme but it was good.
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
well yeah... cause the OAV was unfinished.....

so far i've seen the OAV and the Movie (which for some odd reason isn't on this site.... but the movie is FRICKIN AMAZING!!!!!).....

i'm still waiting on the tv series though.... n_n
*Sigh* You all forgot the Record of Lodoss War game for the Dreamcast

*Hugs his Dreamcast* It's okay, my sweet... don't need any "Next Generation" systems..
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]
Yes you do need next gen systems, you gotta love looking underneath your TV and seeing GameCube, Xbox, PS2, PS1, DC, 64!!! :twisted:
hehe, but I guess the PS2 and DC get the most attention!! :twisted:

And Gundam Battle Assault 2 for PS1 rocks!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"Hitting rock bottom is not a weekend retreat."
"Something wicked this way comes."
i've only played 1 good gundam game EVER! (and believe me... iv'e played em all).... and that's Gundam Federation VS Zeon for the ps2 (well originally import only for the DC)

and don't worry.... i'm sure alot of us have our dreamcast and love them..... i know that i do n_n ........ then again i have a sega saturn also :p
I love my Super Nintendo. Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6, Tecmo Superbowl, Sunset Rider, Contra III, Secret of Mana, Lemmings, Turtles in time, Final Fight, oh yeah!!!! Who loves ya babe? *hugs his Super Nintendo*

It's not an anime but it should be.
Bomberman is the ultimate japanese game. My favorite is Superbomberman 5 for the SuperFamicom (SNES to people in North America). It's got great characters and is the best multiplayer game ever made for any system.

I also like Parodius which is another Japanese classic for the SuperFamicom that doesn't really have any anime tie in. It's still one of the all time best shooters though.

I've played the Speed Racer, Cowboy Bebop, and VOTOMS games and felt like I had wasted time and money.

For actual anime games, I'd have to say my favourite is Cliffhanger which is edited from Castle of Cagliostro and was my introduction to the man himself, Lupin III.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
You know Votoms had a pen and paper RPG. I bet that was much better than the video game. Check it out at comic book stores.

Another great game : Time Crisis and Time Crisis II. They were unbelievable.

I agree those are both good games... I've got TCII for my PS2 and love playing it... I'm not sure how much of an anime game it is though (I'm one to talk after posting my list).
They are wicked good, even if they aren't anime related. The guns were so accurate, that you could actually enjoy playing instead of say...... Area 51. *shutters*

I remember that one. Never played it on my home system.

Have you tried the GunCons with Elemental Gearbolt? That was a classic game with a great anime story line included. They made all original anime for the game (at least I've never seen anything else use this animation). There is some solid strategy to which amunition type you choose when shooting as well as memorizing the pattern of the rails.

If you haven't played it and have a PSone or PS2, I highly recommend hunting down a copy to play (or let me know when you're going to be in the Hamilton area and I'll let you play my copy).
Quote:Originally posted by "Zagatto"

It's not an anime but it should be.
Bomberman is the ultimate japanese game. My favorite is Superbomberman 5 for the SuperFamicom (SNES to people in North America). It's got great characters and is the best multiplayer game ever made for any system.

Bomberman Generations for Gamecube = Best ever! =)

Serious, it is the most fun I've ever had playing bomberman. I find it superior to the other versions in every way.

If you are a Bomberman fan, BUY IT NOW!
I've played it and it is a very good game.
I still prefer SBM 5 for the SuperFamicom.

Come to think of it, I like SBM '93 for the TurboGrafix 16 even better (it lets you have five players at a time with the animals and some really funky stages while keeping the 2d look to the game).
my vote go to saturn bomberman...10 player maythem.