Star Wars Trilogy DVD
kakomu Wrote:see, the thing is that lucas really can do whatever he wants. however, the problem with Lucas is that he seems to be acting like he's senile. No one cares if that's what he really wanted it to look like, since people enjoyed the special editions less than the originals. It's his sheer determination to make sure no one gets the original that is really wrong, since so many want the original.

Exactly why I hate seeing movies changed...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
I havn't seen them yet but if they replaced old anakin with the younger "good" anakin I think that's a pretty cool idea. I think Lucas has the right to do whatever he wants with his creation too. I just wish ep. 1-3 would have been door back in the 80's, as I think his new creations are crap compared to the old triology. Really hope ep. 3 turns out better than the last two. Maybe Jar Jar will come back... and have his head chopped off with a lightsaber. That would make me feel a little better rewatching episode 1. =P
Cidien Wrote:I havn't seen them yet but if they replaced old anakin with the younger "good" anakin I think that's a pretty cool idea. I think Lucas has the right to do whatever he wants with his creation too. I just wish ep. 1-3 would have been door back in the 80's, as I think his new creations are crap compared to the old triology. Really hope ep. 3 turns out better than the last two. Maybe Jar Jar will come back... and have his head chopped off with a lightsaber. That would make me feel a little better rewatching episode 1. =P

Ugh I HATE Jar Jar LOL I would lvoe to see his head chopped off as well LMAO...But if you ask me episoide one was HORRIBLE

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Duno bout the screen thing , buti saw it in HMV yesterday and they had stickers everywhere saying it was exclusive to them.
Nope, even Walmart is carrying a gold box marked "full screen". :eek:
"MADE IN HEAVEN, FORGED IN HELL"
Yes but you are in america HMV here in the UK is gold only. I bought it. Havent watched it ye, only the documentaryt. I also bought the bottleg definative editions with the untouched originals! Yes he can do what he wants to his films but if all the people who grew up with it and bought alot of stuff that has made him so wealthy today he owes it to them to bring back nostalgia...
matthewmalay Wrote:He should have at least put the originals version in the trilogy set for all those fanboys/fangirls. It's not very hard to do without over compressing the video with the DVD format.

But as I like to say, if don't like it, don't buy it!

You know this is my main beef with all this. I respect his right to remake, refine, and whatever, but I feel real disrespect when he refuses to allow anyone to get a legal copy of the originals on DVD.

Take for example what Spielberg did with E.T. He made his changes that made him feel better about whatever he had to feel better about and then when he released it on DVD he gave us BOTH the original and the new version. That is the way it should be done.

I just find it amazing that Lucas would have such little regard for the fans of the original versions, and there are LOTS of them. It isn't like there is this tiny contingent of radical fans who want the originals, many many people want them and I personally think Lucas is nuts to not even want to try to cash in on it just for the potential of money that could be made on it.

But like mr. matthewmalay said, if you don't like it, don't buy it, and there are many fans like me who won't buy it. And even as a person who readily buys bootlegs, if there would be an official release of the original versions on DVD I would snatch them up in a heartbeat.
watch the documentary, he gives his reasons for the changes to the movies. For me i've seen star wars so many times, i really don't mind the subtle changes made to the film. Now Spielberg changing the guns to walkie talkies in E.T. really annoyed me, he wasn't trying to improve the movie, he was just making it PC.
israfel Wrote:watch the documentary, he gives his reasons for the changes to the movies. For me i've seen star wars so many times, i really don't mind the subtle changes made to the film. Now Spielberg changing the guns to walkie talkies in E.T. really annoyed me, he wasn't trying to improve the movie, he was just making it PC.
I totally agree that Speilberg's changes were super lame, but the bottom line is that he DID give fans the original along with the new version. That shows that he at least regards fan opinions and respects the fans of his work.
i agree with you on that lucas could have done that, but i do have the originals on vhs and i have no desire to buy them on dvd(but thats just a personal preference)
The only thing that pissed me off was Taking out Sabastian Shaw at the end of Jedi and switching him with that new duchebag. Shaw looked really cool and he even waves to everyone. That new guy just stands there. WTF?!?!?! What was Lucas thinking? Shaw was in the suit when he removed the mask and should have still been there at the end. Plus he doesn't look like a retard like that new guy.
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
I actually just sold my vhs to a pawn shop for like $5. Plan to get the dvd's when they drop in price in a few months. (ebay price drop that is)
DARK OSAMU Wrote:The only thing that pissed me off was Taking out Sabastian Shaw at the end of Jedi and switching him with that new duchebag. Shaw looked really cool and he even waves to everyone. That new guy just stands there. WTF?!?!?! What was Lucas thinking? Shaw was in the suit when he removed the mask and should have still been there at the end. Plus he doesn't look like a retard like that new guy.

yes, that new guy is a duchebag. i can't stand him.
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo
israfel Wrote:watch the documentary, he gives his reasons for the changes to the movies. For me i've seen star wars so many times, i really don't mind the subtle changes made to the film. Now Spielberg changing the guns to walkie talkies in E.T. really annoyed me, he wasn't trying to improve the movie, he was just making it PC.

Are you serious? I havent watched the movie in years nor do I intend to..But I thought that was just a joke on South Park.

- Shinobu Sensui -

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Puppet Master Wrote:Are you serious? I havent watched the movie in years nor do I intend to..But I thought that was just a joke on South Park.

Nah its true... I think on the extras he said he didnt want to scare kids or something but wanted a real threat but though guns for kids was too far or something... I dont get how they think people really want the changes. Its not like nobody went to see or liked the originals, they're loved by everybody even if there are guns in it! Arnt kids more used to violence these days anyway? How many cartoons have guns in...