Ivan the Blowhard
Ka-Talliya Wrote:Unless you count the traffic and the drivers. Rolleyes

Yeah, the traffic does really suck, but there are places worse to drive in than New Jersey. Connecticuit comes to mind. No offense to anyone from Connecticuit.

Well at least we have good diners everywhere. Smile
Intent and outcome are rarely coincident.
-The Lord Shaper
grendelsage Wrote:Yeah, the traffic does really suck, but there are places worse to drive in than New Jersey. Connecticuit comes to mind. No offense to anyone from Connecticuit.

You guys don't know about the traffic in the DC Metro area do you?
Vicious Wrote:You guys don't know about the traffic in the DC Metro area do you?

Yeah, DC traffic is horrible too. Everytime I went there I got a ticket, because they put ten different traffic signs on one sign post in the middle of a curved intersection. :mad:

Someone was telling me that when they designed the layout of DC, they purposely made it difficult so that diplomats would have a hard time getting around. Not sure if it is true, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Intent and outcome are rarely coincident.
-The Lord Shaper
grendelsage Wrote:Yeah, the traffic does really suck, but there are places worse to drive in than New Jersey. Connecticuit comes to mind. No offense to anyone from Connecticuit.

Well at least we have good diners everywhere. Smile

i'm originally from the midwest so traffic isn't as bad, but i've visited up in new jersey before and its was crazy. i've also driven in new york city, that was the most craziest driving experience i've had. it was fun though. you now how people rarely use their horns. well, just go up to nyc and you'll have a blast.
Vicious Wrote:I don't know too much about New Orleans, but Florida is. I hear about them all the time and hurricanes. But anywyas, you know what I meant.

And Morg, we don't have any natural disasters where I live near DC. We get our occasional snowstorms during winter, but that's about it. There was a hurricane warning or something last year and that's the first time I can ever remember having one. And all we ended up getting was a big thunderstorm and nothing more.
As you said you don't have the biggest of stuff, but in your own post you mentioned snowstormes (where the biggest one in history hit that area), and Thunderstorms. Hell lighting strickes kill more people than on average than any other natural disaters.
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
morgorath Wrote:As you said you don't have the biggest of stuff, but in your own post you mentioned snowstormes (where the biggest one in history hit that area), and Thunderstorms. Hell lighting strickes kill more people than on average than any other natural disaters.

Snowstorms and thunderstorms occasionally are nothing major though. You have to get out and shovel some snow. Big deal. It's nothing that's gonna threaten your house or your life and cause you to evacuate from your home. I don't really count something small like that as a natural disaster.
Schultz Wrote:On okinawa they have the same concrete houses.. I think it might be a building code or something for the island.. I know the military can't build houses or anything on base if it isn't concrete and follow some local building rules if i remember correctly.

http://gallery.theschultzs.org/japanhouse/IMG_0212
here is a picture showing all the houses.. And don't mind that little building its just for where farmers stay when they are working.. its not a house.

and here is another one of up the street.
http://gallery.theschultzs.org/japanhouse/IMG_0211

Okay, Okinawa looks a lot like a Portuguese village! I feel a bit disappointed. Sad
But like I said before, houses here are rather sturdy as well. The house where I live is about 50 years old (I believe) and because it's made of granite rock and has plastered walls it's still in very good shape. Our biggest problem here are forest fires during the summer but those aren't natural if you know what I mean.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
That was only where i lived.. If you go north where more of the resorts are.. It is awesome looking.. Its like two different places on one small island.
I'm glad to hear that. It's not that I think that place's ugly but I think of Okinawa as a beautiful, tropical island and that's just not what I saw in those pictures.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]