The Longest Journey
I was cleaning out my hardrive recently and discovered I still had TLJ on my computer, so I spent a bunch of sleepless nights playing the game again and remembered why I liked the game so much and was frustrated by it at the same time. What was everyone elses take on TLJ, like dislike ?
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
Never played it what was it like?
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Mantis421 Wrote:What was everyone elses take on TLJ, like dislike ?

I loved it so much. That was one of my all time favorite games. It requires solving mysteries and puzzles to advance the story. But the strong part was its incredible storyline. Instead of playing games, it almost felt like watching an epic fantasy movie. The characters were so well develped that you can't but help to sympathize with them. The story is somewhat like a book by Michael Ende, Neverending Story. When I finished playing it, it made me so sad (almost tear to my eyes) because it meant that I had to say bye to all the characters I learned to like.

I rarely play games, but if there are other games like TLJ, I would definitely buy it. I am waiting for the sequel, but it doesn't look like it will happen.
how old is it?ive never even heard of it
Once the threads of fate are tangled they can never be undone..
I played it about 3 years ago. You probably never heard about it because it was never heavily marketed due to the fact that it was made by a Norwegian company, Funcom.

This is the website:
http://www.longestjourney.com/

Accroding to the site, they finally started working on its sequel titled "Dreamfall". Can't wait for that to come out.
TLJ is something like the Myst titles except with an interactive storyline. You follow the adventure in the 3rd person of a student named April who has to save the world of Stark (Earth) and Arcadia the realm of magic which she can phase between. The cinimatic sequences I think rivalaled anything else when the game came out. I am sure you can pick the game up for under 20$ now
Excel saga
Dreamfall continues the story of The Longest Journey
Oslo, Norway - February 18, 2004 - Funcom was recently awarded a grant from the Norwegian Film Fund to partially finance the development of Dreamfall, the long-awaited follow-up to The Longest Journey . The Norwegian government has, for the first time, actively endorsed game development, marking a welcome shift in the cultural acceptance of computer games as a medium comparable to film and television.

All this info plus more is on the TLJ website. 1999 was when TLJ was released in Norway. The rest of Europe and the US got the game in 2000
Excel saga
TLJ was a lot more popluar in Europe than US. That's another reason why not too many people know about it. Sadly, adventure games in US has been in downhill for a last few years. I miss all those wonderful adventure games like Secret of Monkey Island, Myst series, Legend of Kyrandia series, Days of Tantacles, etc. I like the fact that the adventure games require you to use brain, not just brawn.
With all the games like Serious Sam, Duke Nukem, and Doom it is nice to take a break and play a game like TLJ, Alice or Myst from time to time
Excel saga
Hey, Mantis

Have you played Syberia? I have heard some good reviews about it. Many say it is very similar to The Longest Journey.
I have heard of the game and seen screen shots of it, but until I get a break from my current semester of college I doubt I will be tring anything new out game wise
Excel saga