Japan Fights Piracy Abroad
Lacuna Coil Wrote:even if he is starting a new compnay or trying to you gotta know he likes anime alot telling from his HK list.
-Lacuna Coil-

Take a look at my R1 list, and see if I like anime. Besides owning anime, it's about how you obtain it. I got a job in highschool to pay for anime on VHS.

If he's starting a new company his HK collection should include other sets that aren't rips to see other series. You know enjoy series that are imports, to see them in their un-altered format. No that doesn't make you a fan at all. Rolleyes
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
Steve's right. If he liked it that much, he'd spend the money for the legit releases and support the original creators.
I love anime......I love anime so much that all my anime series are "express releases". Originals are always 'overdue releases'......so Japan shouldn't fight piracy. With the 'express releases', people get to watch more series. Anime industry will flourish even more.
Cool
i buy both. i dont have alot of money at times and when i do i try to buy sets from here and new volumes from the store. i just finished Witch Hunter Robin. so i pay for the legal stuff and the illegal. and if you guys hate hk versions of stuff why do you buy from here ? :confused:

-LE
[Image: delphinesig.jpg]

"Lightning strikes only once in the same place, so ill have to get you the first time." -LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
:confused: :confused: :confused: Eh...who hates HK dvd sets? :confused: :confused: :confused:
Alo of times, I'll buy something on HK, because I like it, but not enough to buy on preorders R1. Or I missed out on it when it was initially released and don't like it enough to pay R1 prices. So I'll buy it and then replace it later when I see it on sale.

Or there is stuff that I've never checked out before but heard good things about like with Tylor or Lodoss War. And if I like it enough, I'll eventually replace that too.

Or there is stuff that I want to check out, but is way too long to try renting each disc. So I'll buy them and most likely not replace them. Examples would be Dragon Ball or Ranma. Although I bought the Ranma OVA's R1 and might end up buying the 1st 2 seasons R1, since those are the only 2 worth the R1 price to me.

But I try not to buy any ADV stuff HK (and def not if it's dubbed by IS&M) since they have the most reasonable prices of the R1 companies, I love their VA's, and it's been my experience that they are the most fan friendly of the R1 companies. Speaking of which, they just shipped me my free volume 1 and box of Aquarian Age signed by Tiffany Grant. Can't wait to receive that.

But also, none of us are talking about starting up our own R1 company. That is a BIG difference between you and everyone else on here.
Bloody hell......*green with jealousy*. You always either win free stuffs or get autographed box sets...... :eek: Rolleyes
Japschin Wrote:Bloody hell......*green with jealousy*. You always either win free stuffs or get autographed box sets...... :eek: Rolleyes

I didn't mention the Hilary Haag autographed Sister Princess box and the John Swasey autographed DN Angel boxset that they owe me whenever they get ready to release those. Big Grin

But winning these free DVD's does have it's drawbacks. I mean even if I think Aquarian Age is just an average show, I can't leave a Tiffany Grant autographed box nearly empty. So I'm forced to buy the rest of the series to fill the box. So really, you should feel sad for me. :p
BLOOOOODDDDYYYYY HELLLLLLLL again! :p :eek: Rolleyes :mad: Wink Cool Big Grin

Btw, when's DN Angel gonna be released? I've been waiting forever.
Not sure. I think towards the very end of the year. But I'm really looking forward to the Sister Princess box because I'm curious to see what Tofu writes on there.
Well isn't that a nice little picture of Aoi Sakuraba from Ai Yori Aoshi. Oh, did I digress? My bad. Big Grin
If you are reading this, you obviously have nothing better to do with your time.
Bah......not going to be around from Dec to Mar 05. Anyway, ADV's stuffs are hardly limited. Will wait till I come back then to get those late releases.
well talking to vicious was very fun just now.
sorry vicious you got upset and blocked me :p ! just cause i dont care for ADV as much as you . my opinion doesnt matter , you need to think out of the box every one isnt just like you and likes the same things ! im open minded and i speak what i think and feel. i am not restricted to one thing or thought. i love alot of titles from ADV and thats not why i am posting abotu them i posting this topic and others about them cause i hate when they treat FANS like me with no regard. i ahve been a long time reader of Newtype-usa and they scewed me as a reader with no dvd . i enjoy them and the mag i look forward to it at the end of every month. MY FUCKING OPINION as you have said a hundered times. i am allowed this "opinion" cause i am posting in this forum !

so just respect i have an opinion, if you dont like it dont get all hung up on one of my posts you cant even talk to me !

So chill out and get your ADV panites out of a twist.
we are all here to hang and share info and speak our own "opinion's"

that is all.

-LE

"Lightning strikes only once in the same place, so ill have to get you the first time." -LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
That is one of the main reasons I didn't want to talk to you on IM. Because I knew you'd twist the words around.

I admitted I liked ADV and you admitted you liked Bandai. But I don't go around bashing another company because I don't like the titles they release or make up false accusations about them.

Also, you said that I'm like you, but I'm nothing like you. I asked you to give me one example where I have bad mouthed a company without some facts like you've done to ADV on numerous occasions now. You couldn't give me one. You know why? Because I don't do that. There is a difference between liking a company and totally bashing another one because you don't like the titles they license.

If you don't like their titles, don't buy their stuff. It's as simple as that.

Like I said, if they did in fact screw the subscribers of Newtype, that is wrong. People were promised DVD's, so they should keep the commitment they made to these readers. If you're buying it at a newstand however and you know the DVD is not there, then you are not getting screwed in the least. You know what you are or are not getting and have no reason to complain about it.
the price!
9.99 still and no dvd that is wrong.

and i tried to talk and you blocked me ! im sick of only your opinion matters. i didnt say we are alike ! so stop saying things that arent true ! think what ever you want i talk bad about adv cause i can and i feel like it get over it ! i have reasons and you just dont want to know or understand. so be a good fan boy and leve me alone ! im sick of you vicious !
your a dman broken record and keep spouting out the same shit i try to expalin and you come back and dish out more nonscence. i have stated my reasons and opinions !
thats final ! i take nothing back now or in the future.

:mad:

-LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST