Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Japan Fights Piracy Abroad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
New piracy news:

With foreign export generating larger and more significant portion of the Japanese entertainment industry's income, especially in manga and anime, Japanese companies are working on methods to minimize their significant losses to piracy.

Due to its nature, manga sales have not been suffering significant losses to piracy, however there is a large number of pirated CDs and DVDs being sold overseas, large enough for the Japanese industry to begin researching and implementing drastic counter-measures.

The Japanese visual contents industry will begin labeling products with stickers designating them as legitimate exports, thereby making it easy to identify pirated goods. In July it was reported that 38 Japanese entertainment companies were set to introduce a "Made in Japan" trademark for similar purposes. According to a current report on Yahoo Japan, companies will start adding the stickers to exported goods as early as this September. In order to provide additional ammunition for their fight against international piracy they will also begin applying for trademarks in various countries in North America, Europe and Asia.

The reports do not mention what measures will be taken to keep piracy operations from copying producing fake copies of the identifying stickers.

Additionally, it was recently mentioned at the Otakon "State of the Industry" panel that Japanese companies may start direct legal processes against North American fansubbers (more details on this will be presented in our final Otakon coverage later this week).

-----
s :eek: unds like they are making more steps to block our anime. all the HK companies better get there hands on those made in japan stickers?

-LE
This is old news. You're only about a month late on it.
Last Exile Wrote:The reports do not mention what measures will be taken to keep piracy operations from copying producing fake copies of the identifying stickers.
-LE

Stop! My sides! They are the hurting!
This coming from someone who wants to start their own DVD company. Fucking genius. Rolleyes
Steve_the_Talking_Pie Wrote:This coming from someone who wants to start their own DVD company. Fucking genius. Rolleyes

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Gotta love the irony (I think that's the proper term for this situation).
Quote:Fucking genius.

They just don't know it yet... Wink
this is new i just saw it on another site so LE is up to date.
also he is like the rest of us he wants anime cheaper . hell i know i do!

even if he is starting a new compnay or trying to you gotta know he likes anime alot telling from his HK list.

sad news hopefully they can get around this !

-Lacuna Coil-
Quote:also he is like the rest of us he wants anime cheaper . hell i know i do!

HK companies steal from other companies. They don't have liscenses to distribute the anime they put out. LE is gonna be screwed over if he wants to start a company AND still support HKs... Wink

Or, maybe he actually wants to start his own bootlegging company...now that would be interesting... Rolleyes
Lacuna Coil Wrote:this is new i just saw it on another site so LE is up to date.

Wrong. Just because you saw it at another forum doesn't mean it's new. This was written up pretty much immediately after Otakon. We had this discussion at AN about a month ago, right after I got back from Otakon.
Vicious the fastest person at breaking down comebacks. :p Yeah I had seen this info way long ago but nice try since this info hadn't been shared on IA.
Quote:Yeah I had seen this info way long ago but nice try since this info hadn't been shared on IA.

Actually, the IA forum had a thread on this last month; unfortunately, all threads prior to 7/28 have been deleted.
Threads almost never get deleted here, locked, maybe but deleted, very rare.

http://www.import-anime.com/forums/showt...ge=1&pp=40

and

http://www.import-anime.com/forums/showt...php?t=4050
the comment about a month ago was about adv and some other companies cracking the wip on the HK companies. also this was new on the ANN boards i posted it like 4 days after it was announced on the boards there i wanted to see what you all thought. because i know all of there members hate HK's they despise those who sell and buy them. which i have learned cause they blocked me for saying there site was broken i bet oyu reme,ber that post i started.

sorry to damper you high hope to put me and other down precious i mean vicious. lol.
im still flying high like a kite. Big Grin
i have an idea when you post somehting or anything ill be there to make fun of it and be your personal hater. Wink

-LE
Last Exile Wrote:sorry to damper you high hope to put me and other down precious i mean vicious. lol.
im still flying high like a kite. Big Grin
i have an idea when you post somehting or anything ill be there to make fun of it and be your personal hater. Wink

I wasn't trying to 'hate', I was just saying the story is old. I read about the Japanese sticker and the whole thing about how it's not profitable to bootleg manga awhile back. It's nothing new. But if it's new to you, then good for you.
yeah it was and im just trying to share with all of you that dont like to forum hop.

-LE
Pages: 1 2 3