2004 Olympics: anybody care?
Does anyone else remember when the Olympics were actually something everyone really got pumped about? I think to the 1984 olympics, I was 8, and EVERYBODY was into it. I ask my students at school and none of them really care or even know what is going on. I remember even in 1992 there was a pay-per-view 'triple-cast' thing. Can you even imagine anyone actually paying to see the olympics today?? I mean I am kind of curious mostly because I wonder if there will be some sort of crazy terrorist attack or something, not to see who gets the most gold medals... The only thing that really saved the 2002 olympics was that skating scandal, (and I think the fact that it was in the U.S. didn't hurt either...)

Anyone else? Anybody care?
I only watched the Gymnastics, Swimming and Diving competitions for the past few Olympics. Other than that, I don't really bother. However, this year, not that interested in watching....:p
No
I will watch it if I happen to bump into it in TV. I like watching the skating and gymnastics stuff or anything that has to do with fighting or dance. Also, I thought I heard something about Tom Cruise carrying the Olympic torch.
O.k. so today I decided to ask my summer school class about the olympics. They are all like 3-5 graders. So, first I asked "Anyone know what is starting on Friday?" Nothing. Then I ask if anyone knows what the olympics are... again, nothing. It was pretty funny.
:p That's funny

I came to the US when I was 7.. I don't think I knew about the Olympics til much much later.
like i watch le tour de france for its scenery, i'll watch the marathon, and cycling. if i can
I cant stand it but then I cant stand any sports... Especially football in the UK... When that was on it was on like EVERY day so all normal TV shows got cancelled :mad: :mad: :mad:
i love footy tis class, and its coming bk Big Grin MOTD
The Olympics is a time honored tradition that has a shadow of drugs and miss use hanging over it this year. Track and Field, Gymnastics, Swimming, and Diving are awlays in the top 10 of the sports watched during the games. I thing Ice Skating is most likely the biggest of the Olympic sports. I feel we should watch for once it's not about money or who has the biggest team. It is about who has the best athelites in the world and it only comes once every 4 years...
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
I like watching curling actually... What the hell is that all about? Who invented it and why lol!? Watching them furiously sweep the ice is funny...
When they started letting professional sports athletes into the games it ruined it for me. But on the lighter side of that I hear they want to make bowling into an Olympic sport. Seeing a guy who looks like and they have never worked out in their life with a gold metal is going to be funny

i prefer winter olympic sports more interesting to me.
Quote:Originally posted by fahad17
i love footy tis class, and its coming bk Big Grin MOTD

AAHHHHHH!!!!!!! i hate the Premier ship etc with a passion.. Professional Football sucks but playing it myself with a coupla mates rules!
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
I for one will watch the olympics, when I can, I will tape wrestling, archery, and some gymnastics stuff (my GF, does that crap, so I have too), plus we all know that the U.S. is gonna get the most gold medals so thats worth watching.
I aint yo baby daddy