Stepford Wives
Quote:Originally posted by Andromeda18_
Even if you had chosen not to go another person would've gone in your place, the war would go on anyway. You decided to go not because you support the war but because you support your fellow comrades.

That is the first thing you are taught in the military that your actions affect others and you can not do them with out weighing how much it might effect the team. There is so much good that can be done I just want to do a little while I can.

Doing the right thing is complicated. But ask a 5 to 8 year old if stealing medican from a store to save a life is wrong. Now ask the same question to a 15 to 18 year old. You would be suprised at how Gray are world becomes.
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
Well Morg you hit the nail on the head with the stealing part of a 8 year old and an 18 year old I believe once we get older we learn to "bend the rules" that is what we do.... it is human nature..... anyways getiing off little pedastal........ and saying good day
Wink
Morg, I admire your reasons for going to Iraq. I've heard a number of much less eloquent members of your fraternity giving more base reasons for heading out.

Just to clear something up, it is still law for all men over the age of 18 to register for the draft. If you don't, you have broken a federal law. The fact that it's been about 35 years since the last time the draft was enforced is another story. If the US were in a war that was scary enough, all men in the US are potential soldiers.

I'm also happy to hear the "labels" being preceded by "some" rather than branding all people of a religion or country as cruel. The fact that the media looks for the most sensational stories to present means that people who practice sexual mutilation or extreme ownership of a spouse are more likely to receive air time than people who are average with similar views to our own.
The same thing happens with big cities in the US. Get a picture in your mind of Detroit. All the national media shows are the gang violence or Devil's Night activities. Never mind that the majority of the people who live there have neatly trimmed yards, work 9-5 jobs, drive SUVs, and have 2.6 children. It's the places that are out of the ordinary that get the attention and set peoples opinions about that place.

Wouldn't it be funny to see news coverage of "ANOTHER HOME DEPOT OPENS!!" or "GRADUATING CLASS HAS 2.7 GPA!!!"
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Quote:Originally posted by Zagatto

The same thing happens with big cities in the US. Get a picture in your mind of Detroit. All the national media shows are the gang violence or Devil's Night activities. Never mind that the majority of the people who live there have neatly trimmed yards, work 9-5 jobs, drive SUVs, and have 2.6 children. It's the places that are out of the ordinary that get the attention and set peoples opinions about that place.

Actually . . . I think of Axel Foley whenever I imagine Detroit. Wink
It might be fun to play like that for a afternoon but for full time no way