Poll: fav music decade
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
20's (metropolis)
0%
0 0%
30's
0%
0 0%
40's
0%
0 0%
50's
0%
0 0%
60's
9.09%
2 9.09%
70's
22.73%
5 22.73%
80's
54.55%
12 54.55%
90's
9.09%
2 9.09%
00's
4.55%
1 4.55%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Fav music decade
Quote:Originally posted by GTR_Ripper
to me the late 60's through the late 70's, was the best. All I have to say is Led Zeppelin. That is my favoirte band. Pink Floyd is okay, but their songs are overated, and over played.

Let me get something straight here. Do you not think that Led Zeppelin is overrated?
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Led Zepplin gets the respect they deserve. Listen to that guitar work and try to find anything similar that was produced before they came along. A lot of their music still holds up today only seeming mildly dated.

Now Plant and Page on their own are both lucky that they already had money in the bank when they went solo.... otherwise they both would have gone hungry.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
All you guys have to do is look at my avatar, and you can see why I probably would pick the 80's!!! After all, that's the era where most of my guitar heroes came!!! Smile Big Grin :p Wink Rolleyes
"We know who we are, but not what we may be" - William Shakespeare

HK List:

http://www.import-anime.com/user_dvd.php...er_id=3991
what avatar?
The 90s to recent I am not to much on because half of what is out eather have somthing sampled from an earlier song or is a total remake like the artist could not think of a song to do themseves so they copy someone else and then claim it is a tribute The late 70s up into the mid to late 80s was my fav era of music. their was so many new types of things getting tried it kept it interesting

punk never really died
No music genre really dies it just goes outta the mainstreams eye!

theres always good ol' garage bands etc still keeping any genres alive be it any genre
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
It was close between 80's and 90's but the 90's won out.

My favorite band is Dream Theatre. But since probably about two people on these forums even know who they are i'll say the Offspring.
Im not exactally a follower of the band but, i like The Glass Prison, Metropolis and lost with out you are good.
1700-1800...
I like Classical...Big Grin
"MADE IN HEAVEN, FORGED IN HELL"
I love the classic rock stuff from 67-mid 70's, but I lived the early 90's which was the best. As far as punk, nowadays everyone just imitates Bad Religion. Bad Religion started the whole 'melodic punk' thing, and then NOFX and Pennywise took it a step further, although I think both those bands lost their edge about 10 years ago. But, as far as 90's mainstream stuff, just look at the list: Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Nine Inch Nails, Tool, Alice in Chains, Radiohead, FUGAZI, and I am probably leaving some out, but those bands really had some staying power. It is like everything I hear today in alt-rock is just a bad imitation of the great 90's bands. Not a lot of innovation or originality.

Even though I am a really big Pumpkins fan, I thought they should have called it quits after 'Adore'. Their last album 'Machina' just felt like it had no real soul.

Right now I am still diggin Radiohead, Ben Folds, and Fugazi. Just recently I got into 'The Postal Service'. It is pretty stripped down electronic stuff, but it is really good.

(and of course I listen to Zeppelin tons too...)
70's and 80's for sure
Once the threads of fate are tangled they can never be undone..