Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Fav music decade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
just wondering whats everyones fav music decade. Presonally i think the 90's can not be beaten.
It was down between two decades for me, the seventies and the eighties. I went with the seventies.
Even though I'm 22, I love music from the 60's. My parents listened to them all the time when my brothers and I were growing up Smile
You want me to pick just one?
The 40s with swing music.
The 50s with rockabilly
The 60s introducing psychedellia
The 70s bringing in punk
The 80s defining alternative
The 90s refining alternative
and I'm still not sure what's happening with this decade but I know that I like what I'm hearing.

What is this obsession with "BEST" or "MOST" or "GREATEST" that so many people have?

ook ook...

not voting...

ook ook...
Because I had to choose only one I went with the Eighties. It was the most diverse time in my Opinion.
There is no time bettter than the 80's...I mean friggin David Bowie. How do you not like him. Also I gotta agree with DARK OSAMA in that the 80's had a wide selectiong to choose from.
so whats everyones fav band from there fav decade mine wud be close call between oasis and nirvana.
It's funny to think of David Bowie being listed in the 80s when his most influential work was done in the 60s and 70s. Of course he continued to challenge the musical landscape through the 80s, 90s, and even today. We're talking of almost fourty years of artistic genious.

I decided to check the music I have been playing the most during the last few weeks to see what I listen to the most but that didn't help at all. I've got a large whack of rockabilly from the 50s that has been in heavy rotation on my play list followed by a bunch of new stuff I've been checking out lately with a bunch of music from the 80s and 90s thrown in for good measure. I guess that means I've narrowed things down to four decades of favourite music.

I never was much of a fan of 70s music with a few notable exceptions. I still have a hard time forgiving the decade that spawned disco...
oh definetly the 80's no question about it, weird clothes, weird personalities - funky dancing and funky music Smile

ooh but jazz music of the early decades - louis Armstrong now thats a clincher
The 80's! Absolutely! Fabulous music!
Quote:Originally posted by Zagatto
It's funny to think of David Bowie being listed in the 80s when his most influential work was done in the 60s and 70s...

Yes, the 80's also had the Billy's.
zegatto this decade would be the decade of new metal(plus the late 90's), i seriously hate new metal.

i hated the 80's, until i met my girlfriend, now i can't get enough of it. i hate her and i love her for it.
to me the late 60's through the late 70's, was the best. All I have to say is Led Zeppelin. That is my favoirte band. Pink Floyd is okay, but their songs are overated, and over played.

The one thing I hate about the 70's, was the that crappy is movment, called Punk! It's discusting, and I hate that fact that it is slowly creeping back...
I felt that the rawness that punk brought back to the music scene was one of the redeeming features of the 70s. I even enjoy what big business is doing with modern punk (Blink 182, Sum 41 and the rest) even though the whole attitude is changing.

For Pink Floyd, I love the old old Syd Barrett songs when the group was more fun and experimental. When I was a moody teenager, I couldn't get enough of Roger Waters depressing lyrics. I have some good memories to Pink Floyd.

Then there's the Beatles. Like them or not, they totally changed the face of music.

And Elvis is arguably the first music superstar.

And the Violent Femmes were one of the first post-punk bands to harness the angst of Gen-X.

Then Nirvana showed us the ennui of the 90s.

I LOVE it all!
I picked the 80's the music rocks
I am listening to Cyndi Lauper right now lol
Also Madonna's 1st big break was in the 80's
Love Heart,Culture Club,Flock of Seagalls and Pat Benitar
Also think Michael jacksons best music came from the 80's as well
Pages: 1 2