avp
The only one of the recent releases that I've seen that have been mentioned here was Chronicles of Riddick and it sucked massive donkey balls. I left the theatre feeling cheated! I havn't bothered to see any others because I've felt they wearn't worth my time and money. I really wanted to see AVP too when I first heard the concept, but then I saw previews and knew it was gonna be gay! :mad: Arg. I didn't even like Terminator 3. Too much machine violence and not enough blood. I get bored watching two machines throw each other around.
~Lady Ice~
"I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door. I've had you so many times, but somehow I want more." ~Maroon5
[Image: WitchHunterRobinBanner1.jpg]
nowadays, the movies that are thiller, horror, sci-fi, and ect. are pretty much sucking out there. i dunno, but to me their not as exciting as before, it could be that they are just over rated. i guess after seeing it happen once ( in the movies ) and seeing it again its not exciting as much.
Alek Wrote:Man i was so disapointed when I saw avp and it sucked. I wanted more violence.I also wanted it to be actually scary whitch it wasnt.I want blood to be spryed from decapitated people. I didnt want the preditor to become friends.If i wanted to see friends i would watch barny or whatever.I also saw the vilage at the end i was crying of disapointment. The vialge had so much potentual

avp sucks ass. that's all there is too. i hardly pay for movies and i didn't this time but i felt cheated out of my hour and half, it would have been better used sitting outside watching the grass grow. it's a perversion of all that is alien and predator. disgusting. village, on the other hand, i thought was a good movie. true, it wasn't a horror movie, but it had a lot to say about human nature and stuff. it's hard to work with M. Night, the advertisers had to somehow promote the movie without giving away any of the story, on his request. so i can see why they advertised the way they did, they wanted more people to come and watch it.
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo
ladysilverice Wrote:The only one of the recent releases that I've seen that have been mentioned here was Chronicles of Riddick and it sucked massive donkey balls. I left the theatre feeling cheated!

That's cuz you have bad taste. Riddick was a kick ass movie IMO. I can't wait for another sequel to come out for it.
im not sauing the village was a bad movie.But the only reson i went to see it because i thought it was going to be a horror movie it was ok tho.I actualy liked the new Riddick movie but i didnt like the ending and i didnt like the girl who play the bald shemale in the first movie she went form not to hot and i wanted movie kills.As for the ending they sould have had Riddick get that wierd guys powers thats what I think.
My boyfriend suckered me into watching Riddick, since he's a fan of Pitch Black. And I actually enjoyed watching it.. gotta rent Pitch Black now. Also suckered to watch AVP too. I thought it was okay. I wanted to see more gorey stuff too but the show itself kept me watching. I am still wondering how that girl and Predator dude got to the main tunnel entrance. I guess the girl was following Predator around and he knew where he was going? I thought they could have done more with the pyramid trap too.. reminded me of Cube.

There's this movie theatre near where I live that charges $2.00 but they play older stuff... like about two weeks before it comes out on video. I love going there because it's cheap plus I get to see movies that I missed when it was released.
dude they completely ruined all alien and all preditor movies for me. I am actually dumber for watch that movie im supised they didnt put a sex seen with the preditor and that girl. they also made it look like a Batman movie when they were running down the hall like they have known each other like buddys and the way the alien and the preditor were fighting i thought they were trying to make another matrix movie. I just pry that the new resident evil movie is better
Vicious Wrote:That's cuz you have bad taste. Riddick was a kick ass movie IMO. I can't wait for another sequel to come out for it.
Don't get me wrong, Riddick is an awesome character and I went to see it because I loved Pitch Black so much, but I think they didn't do him justice in the movie. They could have done so much better with it. Their major problem is like everyone has said above, they made it PG-13. The story was a little lacking as well. I felt cheated because I was expecting so much more and I didn't get it.
~Lady Ice~
"I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door. I've had you so many times, but somehow I want more." ~Maroon5
[Image: WitchHunterRobinBanner1.jpg]
i went and saw resident evil last friday and saturday night. i had to see it twice because i enjoyed it so much, from start to end. i feel that it's better than the first movie, and had more of the video game feel to it. plus i'm happy with the ending and i can't wait for another movie. milla jovovich is excellent at being a kick ass action character, and pretty hot if i might add. This is one sci fi movie that hasn't been a let down this year.
I'm going to see sky captain and the world of tomarrow on friday, i hope it will be good. i like the steam punk feel that it has. the robots kind of remind me of the ones in Castle in the Sky
AVP is a travesty of a film that perverts and destroys 2 great film franchises. Its that damn Paul Anderson who just keeps scrapping everything and making his own sucky scripts. I dred to think how bad Resident Evil 2 will be *shudder*. Oh and yes T3 did suck massive donkey balls too.

As for Riddick, I thought it was pretty good, not fantastic but good and an entertaining watch. Although I thought that pitch black was a piece of shit.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
Just for the Record Ravs opinion = AVP sucks!
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
For the record, while I think it could have been better with more fights between predators and aliens, AVP is a pretty good movie. My girlfriend, who hates sci-fi movies, loved AVP which made me buy the predator movies for her, lol.

Not sure if it started before but the first movies I can think of that got screwed with the toned-down PG-13 rating were the robocop movies. 1 and 2 had a lotta swearing and violence then 3 was way toned down.