DB Live Action
New info.

There WILL NOT be a DB live action movie. You can find this info on Funimations dragonball web page. They did some calls to find out what was going on and while some studios said they had been contacted about it at one time it is not being made.

Also, the FF movie was pretty good, but it should NOT have been named FF. I guarantee you it would have been more accepted if it wasn't. When people hear the name FF they want to see a deep story line, not the stupid story that was the spirits within.

And I don't think they ruined scooby doo either. I think they did an awesome job with those movies.
As with any other anime/cartoon/video game that would be turned into a Movie you always have to think 1) how popular and known is the title 2) is there the budget to pull it off 3) and are the originators going to have a hand in creating it. Take for example when Mortal Kombat the movie came out it was right at the peak of the Video games popularity and everybody even people who never played the game wanted to see the movie. But that is a double sided sword. Street Fighter, the one with Van Dam hurt the title in the long term, so did the He Man live action film in the 80s. Unless it was done really really good most anime is not recognized outside of anime fans. So say you mentioned Cowboy Bebop, Astro Boy, Macross and even speed racer to a non anime fan they are not going to know what you are talking about
As anime fans we are a very distinct group who is a form of sub-culture

Quote:Originally posted by Mantis421
So say you mentioned Astro Boy and even speed racer to a non anime fan they are not going to know what you are talking about
As anime fans we are a very distinct group who is a form of sub-culture

I think people remember those as cartoons from thier childhood. I mean Astro Boy is the american name for the show and was aimed at kids. Astro Boy live action is still in the works isnt it? And didnt the studio make the director reshoot the whole thing or something...
I don't know about that though because I am 28 I was always subjected to Scobie Doo, He Man , Thunder Cats, Johnny Quest, and Hannah Barbara presents. I never even heard of Astro Boy and Speed Racer until I was 15-16. They plain were not on regular TV channels. Even on basic cable when I was younger if it wasent Hanna Barbara or Disney good luck finding it. I never even found a episode of Astro Boy on TV until about 3 years ago at the most

i'm waiting for ff:advent childen because the story actually comes from a ff game, unlike spirits within.
Didn't Square almost bankrupt itself with Spirits Within when they made that film???

yes they almost did, that's part of the reason for the square enix merger. plus, sony bought a big chunk of square to help keep it afloat. this also helped solidify keeping square titles exclusive for the ps2 only. but spirts within changed how cgi is used in movies, alot of the newer movies use the same formats. i do believe squaresoft sold square pictures, which is based out of hawaii. correct me if i'm wrong on this.
I am not sure on that one But I doubt Square/Enix or Sony would want to take a risk like that again with the uncertainty it could carry

i know for a fact about the sony square enix thing, but not real sure about square pictures.
Whoever was put in charge of spirits withing was an idiot and should be fired. FF fans could have told them the movie would not be good enough for them just by reading the script. They need to get their writers who come up with the stories for games to make the script for a movie and they need to set it in an awesome world like FF7. The soldiers in FF: TSW looked cool but pretty much everything else was lame. The first scene I guess was pretty cool too, but that again was mostly the soldiers and a little of it was the destroyed city.
Well if Square would have the time, money, and motivation I am sure a FF7 type movie could be done. But are you talking same characters as FF7 also or just simular?

following the same story but with different characters just dosnt seem to be right. And personally i dont think it wud work
We will have to wait and see. We all know square likes to surprise us good or bad

I found this supposed poster of the dragonball z live action movie and thought i might show u all.
http://www.dweb-fr.com/live/piccolo.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   piccolo.jpg (Size: 193.74 KB / Downloads: 1)
That's not real because

a) no studio decided to go beyond the planning phase much less start casting and
b) they would have done a better job on piccolo than that