What Cars Do You All Drive?
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
Can you blame him? I mean look at you. :p

Like you should talk. You're no prize youself there. :eek:
~Lady Ice~
"I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door. I've had you so many times, but somehow I want more." ~Maroon5
[Image: WitchHunterRobinBanner1.jpg]
Quote:Originally posted by ladysilverice
Like you should talk. You're no prize youself there. :eek:

I never said I was did I? If anything, I've always made fun of my own looks.
Yeah, most people are pretty anal on the spelling of their cars.

Saleen are sweet... the real one Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
It's called a search button. How many topics do you think would come up if you did a search for 'cars' or 'drive'? Rolleyes

And be honest. You could care less about what we drive. You started this thread to show off your little Mustang.

Same thought came through my mind, the secret meaning of the thread is, I have a new car and you dont, PS: its a mustang
There's no point introducing myself to the death.

My R1 Collection
My HK Collection
Mustangs are nothing to scream about. With their solid rear axle they are not at all suited for Auto-Xing. The 94 GTs are also terribly underpowered and inefficient, since they decided to stick with the 5L pushrod engine. Not to mention a hood scoop that doesn't work Rolleyes

As said before, I drive a 95 Civic EX with a manual trans. 1.6L VTEC engine.
Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
Mustangs are nothing to scream about. With their solid rear axle they are not at all suited for Auto-Xing. The 94 GTs are also terribly underpowered and inefficient, since they decided to stick with the 5L pushrod engine. Not to mention a hood scoop that doesn't work Rolleyes

Ok, I'm probably gonna get myself in trouble here since I know next to nothing about cars, so correct me if I'm wrong please. His mustang is the 5.0 liter and he's dropping a manual into it as well as modifications to make it more powerful. I don't think he has a scoop on his hood, but then I havn't seen the new hood yet. He just got the Saleen kit finished and I won't see it until tomorrow. I'll have to ask him what he ran in the quarter mile, but supposidly, according to the judges, he did really well.
~Lady Ice~
"I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door. I've had you so many times, but somehow I want more." ~Maroon5

I have a feeling not many of us buy cars, including mustang owners, just for Auto-Xing.

On a differant note, I drive an '05 Toyota Corolla S. It gets good gas milage and I like it. It's my mommy car...*grumbles*
I won't have a "non-family" car until I retire in 2020...kid will have graduated.
"MADE IN HEAVEN, FORGED IN HELL"
My dad loves his del sol with the V-tech... he thanks me for moving out of the house every time he drives it. He also got an Audi S6 wagon for my step-mom to drive but she hates it because it's too peppy for her.

For me, driving assorted cheap cars for the next 18 years sounds like my lot. I might splurge and get a hybrid to be kind to the environment and save some cash on gas.

I'll probably regret getting rid of my Celica for some time to come.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.

Love that car, thats the model that my first car is gona be.
Minus an enzo or a koniggsegg Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Ka-Talliya
I have a feeling not many of us buy cars, including mustang owners, just for Auto-Xing.

When you buy a mustang, you are buying it for one of three reasons:

A) Style/cool factor
B) Performance
C) Pussy

THere is NO other conceivable reason to buy it, considering that the mustang's gas mileage amd price is not suited for someone who just needs a car to get from point A to point B.

People who go for option A tend to get the (weak) V6, people who go for option B only drag the damn thing (since it's totally un-Auto-Xable) and I for one have no respect for drag racing, since it's a rather boring sport to watch. As for C, people learn that they fail miserably with a mustang...

As for the 94, it doesn't have a hood scoop (I was refering to the Mach-1), but rather it has two holes in the hood, both of which I believe are not real holes, but solid plastic. Also, Saleen body kit? that's weak. He needs to get the Saleen internals.
Mach 1 scoop is functional

and with easy mod mustang do good on track btw, and if we factor in team Saleen, well they mostly won all the race they've been in.

but i agree most people tune them for drag race, but it's not the only thing you can do with it, hell i've even seen one on a Rally race so

in my case the reason why i wanted a mustang was simple, wanted a RWD car with a V8, i prefer the look of it then a camaro and it's easy to modify. and in my case it's for track not drag, ((but bleh i will sell it next year to go with a cobra, i much prefer the DOHC over the SOHC))
Quote:Originally posted by drizztkun
Mach 1 scoop is functional

and with easy mod mustang do good on track btw, and if we factor in team Saleen, well they mostly won all the race they've been in.

but i agree most people tune them for drag race, but it's not the only thing you can do with it, hell i've even seen one on a Rally race so

in my case the reason why i wanted a mustang was simple, wanted a RWD car with a V8, i prefer the look of it then a camaro and it's easy to modify. and in my case it's for track not drag, ((but bleh i will sell it next year to go with a cobra, i much prefer the DOHC over the SOHC))

That's pretty much what my fiance said. He uses it on the track. As for what exactly he's done to it, I have no idea, all I know is he's making more modifications to the engine than to the outside, but to me, all I see is the outside. He wants to get a cobra once he's done with the one he has now. He actually bought the thing for 4K with absolutely nothing wrong with it. The guy who owned it just got tired of it. Wanted something newer. He barely drove it as it is.
~Lady Ice~
Quote:Originally posted by drizztkun
i much prefer the DOHC over the SOHC

you won't find any performance gains between SOHC and DOHC. THere aren't any real reasons to go DOHC over SOHC anyways, considering you can't even turn them at varying speeds. Possibly slightly larger ports, but I can't say for certain if they even have the room for that.
del sol I hate them cars. My legs are to long to sit comfortably in one and I look like a pop up toy(remember the little cars you put the penny in to go toys) something like that. And my take on the Pony car. The only years of the Mustang I like are 64-70 to me at least they went down hill after that. If I could afford any car I wanted I would get an Accura NSX or a Mitsubishi Lancer modified street
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
Quote:Originally posted by Mantis421
[BIf I could afford any car I wanted I would get an Accura NSX or a Mitsubishi Lancer modified street [/B]

Love them cars, especially the Lancer evo VIII, i was once telling a friend about how good they were, after a full day of horrible exams. We were waiting for a bus andd as i was telling him about them, a lancer evo VIII drove by, but to my shock the driver and passenger were both grannys. Didnt help on the cars point.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What kinda car do you drive? SilverMuraki 31 10,345 08-02-2004, 03:09 AM
Last Post: kakoi_sugoi_yama