Funimation's own uncut anime channel
Speaking of DBZ, I wonder why the R2 release didn't include english subs. It's like they were asking me to please go buy the HK's. I would definitely have gotten a region 0 dvd player and bought the dragon box r2 if they had quality subtitles for it. =/
not many R2 releases have english subs. that's how they keep their dvds in house and people who are adepth enough to understand japanese are the only people who buy them. plus i think we all know why R2s don't have english subs.
Aye. :mad: Still makes me mad though since they couldn't even release an R1 dragonbox. Funi and Pioneer would probably a) not work together well and b) screw it up somehow like by making it an R1 dragonbox instead of uncut japanese...
Of course they won't have English Subs on the R2 DragonBox set. They are R2's meant for their region.
Some R2's have english subs. Some R1's have other languages speaking and subbed, it does happen. Just wish it had with this, since it's something we can't get in America except in HK form with crappy subs.
if the channel wasn't dubbed and subed only you would alienate a very large audience who would be new to anime. Me, i wouldn't care if it was subed or dubed
Quote:Originally posted by israfel
if the channel wasn't dubbed and subed only you would alienate a very large audience who would be new to anime. Me, i wouldn't care if it was subed or dubed

Anime channels IMO are stupid in general. *Here goes the flame war Undecided* Adult Swim for example plays nothing but garbage in my humble opinion. Not to knock you guys who like the shows on it, but shows that aren't anime based like "home movies" and "aqua teen hunger force" I just don't see the god damn "funny" "haha" in these shows.

Even if this new channel is made, it is from FUNimation. One of the worst damn publishers here. Second off I like owning anime so I can watch it again. I wouldn't sit there and tape the stuff off TV.

I like some dubs, but majority are bad... Show some subs and some dubs and I think all could be happy.
Quote:Originally posted by Jaded God
Anime channels IMO are stupid in general. *Here goes the flame war Undecided* Adult Swim for example plays nothing but garbage in my humble opinion. Not to knock you guys who like the shows on it, but shows that aren't anime based like "home movies" and "aqua teen hunger force" I just don't see the god damn "funny" "haha" in these shows.

Even if this new channel is made, it is from FUNimation. One of the worst damn publishers here. Second off I like owning anime so I can watch it again. I wouldn't sit there and tape the stuff off TV.

I like some dubs, but majority are bad... Show some subs and some dubs and I think all could be happy.

But why not? I mean it's better than nothing. So, let's imagine you are surfing down your TV and NOTHING is on at this 7 PM night. Then, you look at there is so "OKAY" anime on that is tolerable and better than nothing. I mean, it's better than nothing and there might be at least ONE show you might wanna see and it's good "test before you buy" kinda thing ya know? I wanna see more anime unleashed and adult swim but it's only on at this one time per day.

I personally love Home Movies, but I can easily see how some wouldn't like the show too much. Also, a few episodes are kind of dumb even for people that love the show, perhaps you saw 1-2 of these and were put off by the show. The first season of eps is by far better than the new ones coming out.

As for FUNimation making the channel, I already stated my disgust that it has to be them, but it is better than no anime channel at all.

As for the last post, if he doesn't like dubs in the first place he's probably going to pop in a dvd like I do rather than channel surf. If I don't find something I really want to watch in a few minutes I pop in a dvd whether it's anime or a movie.
Quote:Originally posted by test
But why not? I mean it's better than nothing. So, let's imagine you are surfing down your TV and NOTHING is on at this 7 PM night. Then, you look at there is so "OKAY" anime on that is tolerable and better than nothing. I mean, it's better than nothing and there might be at least ONE show you might wanna see and it's good "test before you buy" kinda thing ya know? I wanna see more anime unleashed and adult swim but it's only on at this one time per day.

TV is garbage period... Reality shows, reruns of Cosby/Full House, and NEWS on war and politics.

TV = No channel surfing for me. Just use it for gaming systems and dvd player/VCR
Quote:Originally posted by tsunami
finally someone is listening out there. someone had to say the stupid thing about subs.... come on 90% of the time a channel is going to be in english if it is broadcasted in America. plus I wouldn't even consider your little comment as worth 2 cents unless you speak japanese. it's uncut so your gonna get some cursing and blood/guts so don't complain.

Who the hell do you think you are? Why cant we comment that channels never show subbed stuff? Its not like I said anything bad about the dubs. I think im entitled to be pissed off an anime channel doesnt show anime in subbed form EVER... DVD's have dual audio why not mix a bit of subbed shows into the channel? You'd be pissed off if a channel showed only subbed so why cant we be pissed off they only show dubbed?
I'd like to have the channel all subbed as much as the rest of you guys but I just don't think it's in the cards...
TV is garbage period... Reality shows, reruns of Cosby/Full House

How do you masturbate without reruns of Cosby and Full House.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Whoa man what are you getting so pissed off about. Whether you like subs or not has nothing to do with it. A subbed channel would not survive and subbed programs would get such low ratings they would never air them again. Do you have a right to be pissed off about it? Sure, you have a right to be pissed off about whatever you want, but the idea is still stupid...
Quote:Originally posted by Cidien
Whoa man what are you getting so pissed off about. Whether you like subs or not has nothing to do with it. A subbed channel would not survive and subbed programs would get such low ratings they would never air them again.

Im sorry but showing like 2 episodes a day at night time at least isnt going to cause any trouble... They show subbed stuff on TV like foreign films ect and does that mean they never show them again? Even if they dont get good ratings so what if people tune out for half an hour every so often...