Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Funimation's own uncut anime channel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Funimation is planning on making an all anime channel on basic cable. It will be uncut and I think this is great. I'll let Mr. Fukanaga explain the rest.

Click here to check it out
Yay. Wish it was CN doing it though..
"focusing on Uncut, English dubbed Anime".... Not really uncut to me if its dubbed... Why not at least show SOME subbed stuff...
Yeah, this sounds great Smile I wouldn't switch providers though - Don't watch too much tv.
i think that any 24 hr a day anime network would be better than what we have now, and much appreciated.
I have to agree with gubi-gubi. Now if it's 'uncut, and english SUBBED', then we'd be talking.
I want an uncut no dub channel
I know it would be better if it was subs but come on, that's asking a bit much.
I don't watch that much TV, its usually on Sunday nights that I do most of my TV watching. So if the channel had Sunday night Hentai, I am there.
finally someone is listening out there. someone had to say the stupid thing about subs.... come on 90% of the time a channel is going to be in english if it is broadcasted in America. plus I wouldn't even consider your little comment as worth 2 cents unless you speak japanese. it's uncut so your gonna get some cursing and blood/guts so don't complain.
Quote:Originally posted by tsunami
finally someone is listening out there. someone had to say the stupid thing about subs.... come on 90% of the time a channel is going to be in english if it is broadcasted in America. plus I wouldn't even consider your little comment as worth 2 cents unless you speak japanese. it's uncut so your gonna get some cursing and blood/guts so don't complain.

Probably closer to 99.999% of the time it's in english...
Quote:Originally posted by evilomar
I don't watch that much TV, its usually on Sunday nights that I do most of my TV watching. So if the channel had Sunday night Hentai, I am there.

Hahaha. Hentai on basic cable... That would be so crazy.
Quote:Originally posted by tsunami
For your information, I do speak a little Japanese, enough to moderately understand Japanese dubbing without subs, but there are times where subs are necessary for me. Hell, Japanese isn't very hard at all, particularly with my Chinese background (it's much easier learning Japanese if you already understand the Chinese language). Just because you can't understand Japanese doesn't mean everyone can't either, alright? Besides, I'd rather listen to Japanese VAs over English VAs anyday.
He never said nobody can understand Japanese... It would be very stupid to put japanese voices with english subs on a tv channel though. Very few people would watch it.
Even though a lot of fans would prefer subs I don't think that it would be too good for the channel. They will be showing Dragonball and DBZ and I don't think the little kids will be wanting subs.
Pages: 1 2 3 4