Tales of Symphonia
Quote:Originally posted by garritynet
I will just have to wait for it to come out on Ps2......waiting sucks.......

You'll be waiting a long time...Tales of Symphonia is GameCube exclusive...
?»?æ?©?ºF
?Î?©?Ì?D
ToS for the PS2 is said to be release in december or january so its gonna be a long wait for some of you, I recommend getting it for gamecube, I'm on the second disc and I cant stop playing, I love everything about it just like the Tales of Destiny series for the PS one.
There's no point introducing myself to the death.

My R1 Collection
My HK Collection
Did they ever release the Tales of Phantasia remix for the PSone, I have it on Super Famicon, but does anyone know if they released the remake here in America?
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Tales ofPhantasia wasn't really release in America but its comming soon for the GBA and from the pictures that I saw it looks like tales of destiny for the PSone. Looking foward to it. (still playing ToSBig Grin )

My R1 Collection
My HK Collection
It's already confirmed that ToS is scheduled for release in Japan ONLY. There are currently no plans to bring it over to North America, so quit holding your breath. Only the sequel, Tales of Rebirth is scheduled for North American release (it's weird, but that's what is happening right now), which is a PS2-exclusive. There are tons of better RPGs on the way anyway for PS2, such as Phantom Brave (if you're a Disgaea fan) and Star Ocean: Till the End of Time in August, and Xenosaga II in February. Of course, Final Fantasy XII and Kingdom Hearts II are also scheduled for next year in North America, so there's no shortage of fantastic RPGs for the PS2. Let the Cubers have their moment of glory, since it's going to be a continued dry season for them after this (in terms of third-party RPGs).
Quote:It's already confirmed that ToS is scheduled for release in Japan ONLY. There are currently no plans to bring it over to North America, so quit holding your breath.

TOS does have a release date for the US. Tales of Rebirth has said it will be mulit -platform game meaning it will appear on other systems. And I wouldn't cross my fingers that they are talking about the xbox. What I don't get is why you are basing the GC. If you love your RPG's on the PS2 great. But stop busting the GC balls.
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
I don't know for sure if ToS is coming for PS2 or not, but the case has the little "Only For" label in the top left corner that usually means there are no plans to release on other systems.

As for the GC having a dry spell...while it's been true in the past that it doesn't get many RPGs, the future looks good. Paper Mario 2, Fire Emblem, Baten Kaitos, LOTR: The Third Age(multi-platform, but I'll list it). It does have some problems with not many RPGs, but the ones that do come out are mainly exclusive titles that are pretty good.
?»?æ?©?ºF
?Î?©?Ì?D
Quote:Originally posted by Robojack
It's already confirmed that ToS is scheduled for release in Japan ONLY. There are currently no plans to bring it over to North America, so quit holding your breath. Only the sequel, Tales of Rebirth is scheduled for North American release (it's weird, but that's what is happening right now), which is a PS2-exclusive. There are tons of better RPGs on the way anyway for PS2, such as Phantom Brave (if you're a Disgaea fan) and Star Ocean: Till the End of Time in August, and Xenosaga II in February. Of course, Final Fantasy XII and Kingdom Hearts II are also scheduled for next year in North America, so there's no shortage of fantastic RPGs for the PS2. Let the Cubers have their moment of glory, since it's going to be a continued dry season for them after this (in terms of third-party RPGs).

Well its a good thing I stopped playing RPGs since ChronoTrigger, still I go back and play classics on my Super NES and Genesis. Its good to see fanboys are still out there for the Final Fantasy series, I haven't enjoyed FF since 6.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
I just really care about the game and not wich platform its going to be release. As for the "only for" sign that have the gamecube games they put that to the games that won't be release for other platform at the same time (period of time) so if the same game its release like 5 months later for another platform its still going to say "only for", same thing have happen with lots of games. As for ToS for the PS2 the have alradey annouce it and its expected in winter like I said before. I know their a lot of great games out there and probably better to some people but it doesnt hurt to pick up a good one. Just buy every game you like or want.

My R1 Collection
My HK Collection
Informed Buyers make Informed Decisions. My take is simple. If it weren't for the reading I do before I buy a game mycollection of bad PS2 games would be huge, vs the collection of bad games on the GC. Nintedo doesn't let anyone and there grandma make a game. Sony doesn't care. They have been riding the succsess of GTA 3 for so long that they forget that if it had come out on SEGA Dreamcast like GTA2 did they might still be in the market. Look post a link with a release date for TOS for the PS2 because JAP doesn't have a release date and the game has bee avilable on the GC in Okinawa since June of Last Year.
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
Quote:originally posted by morgorath
Nintedo doesn't let anyone and there grandma make a game.

this what i like so much about nintendo. nintendo's first party development to me is the best
tales of symphonia is a nintendo exclusive in both the usa and europe but there are plans to release it on the ps2 in japan, but it will never, repeat never be release in english on the ps2.
see you space cowboy...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tales Of Symphonia ??? Mantis421 13 5,684 10-09-2004, 06:34 PM
Last Post: sanosuke
  Tales of Symphonia Ka-Talliya 12 5,157 08-23-2004, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Ka-Talliya