Poll: How was your first anime translated?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
My first time was Dubbed
89.13%
41 89.13%
My first time was Subbed
8.70%
4 8.70%
My first time wasn't translated
0%
0 0%
Who can remember that far into the past?
2.17%
1 2.17%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The first anime you remember watching.
Gundam wing dubbed on cartoon network.
My Neighber Totoro dubbed. I saw it when I was about 4 years old. I didn't start getting interested in anime or buying it until years later.
i would have to say speed racer and transformers when i was younger. but then i didn't know what they were. the first anime i watched probably was akira, ghost in the shell, ninja scroll, and princess monoke but i really don't know which one i saw first.
i remember ghost in the shell, now that you mention it it was one of the first animes i've seen after i found out what animes were. ever play the video game?
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo
Anyone remember The Moomins? It got played on the BBC in the UK even though they said they never show cartoons from other countries or somethin. Didnt the guy who did the voice for Moomin Papa also do the voice of Devil Man or something in the Jap version lol?
i remember tekkman blade used to be called techno man or sumpthin and come on tv and i really liked that one, its what first sparked my interest in anime, but my very first anime (tekkman blade is my second) was ronin warriors.
black magic M66 at a friend's house or Iria on Sci-Fi Network. Both DUbbed.

Both intrigued me to watch more anime, however I think it was about 2 years ago watching a dumb anime get translated by about 15 different groups that made me think that I should stop. Or, possibly when Eva wasn't the only mindfuck anime around and every other show tried to be as mindfuck as possible.
For I remember watching Transformers like the rest of you but I watched a couple of animes I didn't know were anime cause they were in the kids section at the video rental store. I remember watching Dominion Tank Police and Ninja Scroll when I was 8. Not acceptable material for kids. One of the first animes I saw when I knew of anime was Project A-Ko on Sci-Fi channel and then later that day I rented Bubble Gum Crisis and Riding Bean. All of my first animes were dubbed.
I'm not trying to start another sub vs. dub debate, but I think the results of the poll are very interesting. Almost 30 votes and only 1 of them is for subbed. Even though alot of people on here despise and hate the dubs, it looks like that is what originally got them into anime.
i'm not surprised. most of us started watching anime when we were kids, what kid wants so sit down and try to read what's going on while he tries to watch the show. shit, i don't even remember if i could read much more then see spot run when i first watched transformers. and because of that, they wouldn't play subs on tv geared towards kids.
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo
Oops, I forgot to vote in the polls. I've always seen my anime subbed, but of course, that wasn't possible at age 4. At that age, I had someone translate all the onscreen text for me so I could undersand what's going on. But otherwise, subs have always been the path for me. Maybe that's why I'm so intolerable of dubs.

Honestly, once you've had chocolate, it's really hard switching to shit. This is the case here with the sub vs. dub debate.
Looks like I've pretty much got all of you beat age wise... *laugh* Let me see, I mentioned this in another thread...

I watched with my kids... and they are now 19 and almost 22, so that's been almost 20 years ago... and at the time I had no idea it was anime... those would have been dubbed on VHS or Beta tape... (yes, it's been that long ago!)

Nausicaa Warriors of the Wind (my daughter would play this over and over again)
Sea Prince & Fire Child (one of my son's favorite)
Unico...

Then there were the specials on HBO, Vampire Hunter D, Heavy Metal Eon Flux... etc... still didn't know it was anime... *laugh* those were dubbed as well.. a few years later... while running a BBS, got some subbed anime on VHS tapes... you just traded blank tapes for the recorded ones... so I have Kiki's Delivery Service which I did actually watch and enjoyed after my daughter found them... Kimargure Orange Road 1-12, Maison Ikkoku 1-8 which I still haven't watched... *laugh* oh well..
Quote:Originally posted by Robojack
I've always seen my anime subbed, but of course, that wasn't possible at age 4. At that age, I had someone translate all the onscreen text for me so I could undersand what's going on.

That's a fairly convoluted way of watching a programme.
Playing: Final Fantasy X-2, Silent Hill and MGS (PSX).
Watching:

My Anime Collection
Quote:Originally posted by Robojack

Honestly, once you've had chocolate, it's really hard switching to shit. This is the case here with the sub vs. dub debate.

You're an idiot. That's all I have to say on that. It's people like you that start sub vs. dub debates. There was absolutely no reason to make a comment like that here unless you're trolling for an argument.

I noticed you had no responses to what I said in the other thread. For all you know, you could be eating shit labeled as chocolate. I'm not gonna start on this in this thread. You want to respond to it, respond to it in the other thread where I've already addressed ignorant buffoons like yourself.
Don't be an asswipe, Vicious. I'm merely stating my view on the whole sub vs. dub argument. Whether or not you agree with me is up to you. It's not my fault you were raised on dubs, and it's not my fault you were forced to eat shit first and not chocolate.

Some insects eat shit, and not know nor care what others think. To me, you're just another fly eating shit, and you may be thinking the same of me. Who's right in this argument? No one, which is why we're arguing about it. I respect your opinion, but I also have the right to voice my objections.