Neon Genesis tv FX perfect Version Questions
Hi im new to Hk dvd's and i herd that alot of the Fx titles are R1 Rips With Compression Of Coarse!! i was wondering if the Neon Genesis tv Perfect collection is a R-1 rip being more specific are the subb's ripped from the R-1 or copyed or were they dont by a fansubber???
thanks alot any info about this set would be appreciated
peace
Most FX sets are R1 rips. Have the same Eng/Jap Audio with same Eng Sub as the R1s.
Although ADV is releasing a new Evangelion DVD set from the Renewal R2 masters that you should really consider getting instead. THe video quality alone is worth it, if not for the improved subtitles and lack of permanent overlays. If you don't want to buy the R1's, then just consider waiting for an R1 rip of it. It would be worth a few months wait. ( I personally am buying the R1's)
(In addition to what dvd_master said):

Since it will have remastered video, there will be no more "Eva Jiggle", where the screen shakes into a new scene... gets really annoying. These were present on the original ADV release, so it's present on the FX version.

I for one can't wait for the Platinum Collection... perordered mine yesterday. With the box! and (first pressing) metallic slip cover!
SirChico, I thought all the DVD releases come with the slip cover?
Quote:Originally posted by dvd_master
SirChico, I thought all the DVD releases come with the slip cover?
Yes, all seven platinum releases will have a metallic slip cover, but only the first pressings of each. After that no slip covers.
i always wondered why the screen jiggled i just thought it was a problem with fx making it. i had originally watched the series on vhs, and i had bought the hk dvd set because i was sick and tired of carrying all those tapes around.
Quote:Originally posted by SirChico
Yes, all seven platinum releases will have a metallic slip cover, but only the first pressings of each. After that no slip covers.

Damnit!!! I wish I could remember for sure. But I believe I remember dlw saying that they're not gonna make the slipcovers limited since they're putting out the boxset, and they don't want people having trouble trying to fill it like they had with the X boxset and slipcovers. Maybe I'll try doing some searching in the AoD forums later.
On ADVFilms.com they are saying:
Quote:Collector?s Edition Box includes the Volume 1 DVD with an exclusive metallic finish slipcover and an attractive custom series art box to house all seven volumes. Extras include: one-of-a-kind numbered decal; profile booklet filled with screen shots, Japanese commentaries and character profiles; Episode: 01 commentary by ADR director Matt Greenfield; Episode: 02 commentary by Matt Greenfield and Spike Spencer (?Shinji?); clean opening and closing animation; and ADV previews

Neon Genesis Evangelion ? Platinum: 01 is the first release of seven DVD volumes, which over the course of 26 episodes will include new cast and crew commentary, four bonus Directors? Cut episodes and seven animatics (moving storyboards). Each volume also includes a limited edition collector?s slipcover in an exclusive metallic finish, limited to the first pressings only.

It says it'll house all seven volumes and they might've planned ahead for slipcovers. But, it says the box will have Vol 1 with a slipcover. I'm getting the box.. so I'll just have to wait and see for sure.
After they announced the boxset release, this was posted on the AoD forums:

Quote:dlw said:
Quote:Fencedude said:
Quote:dlw said:
Quote:Fencedude said:
So are you ditching the slipcovers?

No, the box will hold the discs with the slipcovers.

The slipcovers are still for the ENTIRE first pressing correct? So we won't have a repeat of the X-TV slipcover hassel?

Well, since we're doing a box to fit the disc with slipcover, I believe we'll make the slipcovers non-LE.

Sorry I can't make it look nice. I don't think you can quote across forums like that. But you get the general idea.
Here's a theory I'll drop: Maybe the slipcover itself isn't exclusive, but the metallic finish is. Just a thought, and it would work out.
?»?æ?©?ºF
?Î?©?Ì?D