Severe oil fingerprints
hello, I received my DVD shipment and all 4 sets were wonderful except for one disk. As soon as I opened the package I noticed severe oil fingerprints and the disk is unwatchable because of skipping and pixelating...I would really like to order more, but not if this is what I can expect...is there anything I can do? Thanks
First off, the sets should have been sealed correct? So it wasn't JJ that put the fingerprints on the DVD's. It was the manufacturer.

Second, did you bother to email or PM JJ and ask him about how he is going to handle this? Or do you frequently walk into a store and simply start telling all the customers in the store about your problem, rather than going up to a manager and letting him know that there is a problem with the product you bought? I don't know about you, but rather than talking to everyone else in the store, I go straight to the employees. Always seemed pretty logical to me.
Clean the DVD. Those cheap consumer cleaners don't work very well. Go find a video store which has the machine to fix, clean and polish discs. Those type of machines totally take out all surface scratches, take out all type of dirt and polish it shiny!
Listen,

I wasn't aware of who to talk to...so I apologize for posting here. How exactly would i contact this person?
I see. There should be an email address somewhere on this site. But look for JunkieJoe and send him a PM.
Vicious seems to be unusually helpful lol. Was expecting another smart mouth comment. Another question from me... do you often buy things from people without such simple information as an e-mail address? Also did you not get an e-mail confirmation from JJ? I do, and I did. Not sure how there could be confusion, perhaps you can enlighten me?

P.S. I think it would be more fun to harass the customers about the problem first. Big Grin Ah, fun times in Wal-Mart...
From what I've seen, Vicious takes the liberty of saying what most of us are thinking, in its most raw form. In this case, Submerged asked a very valid question, rather than a silly question.

Simply, ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer. Don't take it personally, and for those of you who've found themselves subjected to Vicious's sarcastic or smart-alecky remarks, next time, search the forums for similar existing topics or read the FAQs.

Go Vicious!
Quote:Originally posted by Robojack
From what I've seen, Vicious takes the liberty of saying what most of us are thinking, in its most raw form. In this case, Submerged asked a very valid question, rather than a silly question.

Simply, ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.

Yup. That's basically right. I generally only respond 'rudely' if someone asks a stupid question. In this instance, his 1st question seemed kinda stupid IMO because he should be complaining to the owner and not announcing it to all of us. Especially since I know JJ will take care of it. But I guess his real question was how to get in contact with the owner.

I generally try to help out if it's a valid question. Plus, he already kindly apologized, so no point in rubbing it in or being a prick to someone whose not trying to be one in return.
Very true.
Oil Fingerprings? Did you try and wipe them off?