just for once DUB better than SUB
Orguss O2. The japanese voices are ear wrenchingly terrible. And in fact i'd heard the dub before watching the subbed version (for about 5 minutes i might add it was that bad) and was amazed at how good it was on it's own merits!

Patlabor 1 & 2 have a very well balanced Dub as well.

Plus the ones picked up by hollywood studios such as Princess Mononoke will obviously have dubs at the very least equal to the japanese counterparts.

Some come down to personal taste though really. I love the hellsing dub. Some people despise it. I just found cere's british voice to be TOO hot Big Grin

That's right i'm the master, baby! i got something for you to suck on!
[Image: Pink.gif]
Hm...

Slayers dub was really good. On par with the japanese version.

Bebop, of course.

I really enjoyed Hellsing's dub.

I'm a major fan of G Gundam's dub. I just like the VAs.

Tenchi, of course. And the Kenshin OAVs. [Well, not Seisouhen.]

Definately X. And Utena's.
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]
Cowboy Bebop
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
I'd have to say that Trigun, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Yu Yu Hakusho dubs are better than the original Japanese.
Quote:Originally posted by evilomar
Did I fucking call it or what? Some people just can't resist.

Not gonna lie, I didn't feel like reading everyone's post. Anyways, Vicious knows how I work, we've argued before on this.
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
Quote:Originally posted by Steve_the_Talking_Pie
Not gonna lie, I didn't feel like reading everyone's post. Anyways, Vicious knows how I work, we've argued before on this.

Uh huh. I notice you were missing during the entire playoffs and decide to make a cameo appearance right after the Lakers get eliminated. :mad:
I'll agree with the majority on Cowboy Bebop... but I also enjoyed the english dub for FLCL far over the Japanese voice track. The VAs on both of those shows did a phenomenal job.
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
The animes with the best dubbing in my opinion is Fruits Basket, Ai Yori Aoshi, and I My Me Strawberry Eggs. I really hate the Inuyasha and Ayashi No Ceres dubbing. The VAs in those are so horrible that I get a shiver down my spine. :eek:
[Image: WinterSonata.jpg]

A dream is like snow, it falls then it fades away through time...

~Ryoku Slayer~
In my opinion they are: Cowboy Bebop (of course), FLCL, and Mononoke Hime (Princess Mononoke).
Quote:Originally posted by Jiro Komyoji
In my opinion they are: Cowboy Bebop (of course), FLCL, and Mononoke Hime (Princess Mononoke).

Good call on Princess Mononoke's dub... though, I had a really hard time with good ol' Billy Bob in that movie. Other than that, though, the rest of the VA work was surprisingly good considering it was Hollywood talent, rather than voice actors that were accustomed to the speech timing for anime.
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
hellsing is a good dub, but thye murdered some of the great lines form the subbed. Still really well done though, I'de have to say for Bebop and Outlaw Star i like the dubbed far more hands down. On the note of dubs.... i think we all quiver in fear at the thought of Naruto dubbed :eek:

trigun a pretty good dub, but once again some of the jokes are just better not americanized.
[Image: crimnew3.jpg]
I enjoy X'S dubb cast alot, they were impressive to me. Also Karo Kano, Saiyuki , King of bandit jing, Gundam Wing, SoulTaker,and Excel saga were all goods dubbs.
*~ Tiffy~*

"Thank you God!! I've got... my PRINT CLUB!!!"

My R1 Collection

My list wish
I vote for FLCL. That is really the only one I'll consider watching all the way through dubbed. Another good dub at times is Excel Saga, but only for the VA for Pedro. He is 100x funnier than the japanese VA.
People are going to disagree, but I think Escaflowne. At least Hitomi's voice. Her english voice rocks.

And I actually think Read or Die was done very very very well. Sure if you just check the occaisional scene it will seem bad by comparison, but it is great if you just sit down and watch it. I read somewhere that it'll be airing on Cartoon Network in the distant future, so I'm glad that the dub is good.
I think the dub of Angelic Layer is very good, but Misaki's voice gets kind of annoying sometimes. Don't you think so Mr.Vicious?Wink
[Image: WinterSonata.jpg]

A dream is like snow, it falls then it fades away through time...

~Ryoku Slayer~