Import Anime Forums

Full Version: just for once DUB better than SUB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i'm not here to argue about which is *Better*

we all know where the majority stands on this issue

but , here is the deal

just for once, what is the MOST dubbed anime that the English is better than the Japanese one

what's your pick ?
--------------------
i'd say

number one is:

Now And Then, Here And There
http://www.import-anime.com/index.php?pa...em_id=1492

you will be missing out a lot if you haven?t seen it and the English voice acting is SUPER , its a classic . seen the MAC twice
--------------------
other anime that the dub is as or surpasses their subs

GREAT: RahXephon, all Tenchi, Hand Maid May,

VERY GOOD: Outlaw Star , Hellsing, Trigun, Lain

any other
Cowboy Bebop and You're Under Arrest are widely regarded as being better than their Japanese counterparts.

I could list off some series which I think have great dubs, but wouldn't be able to compare them to the originals, since I never listen to anything in Japanese.
Ok this will only work as long as no one starts jumping anyone's shit about why they chose those particular titles. I personally choose Ranma, Sherlock Hound, and Ronin Warriors (Samurai Troopers). I would also put Robotech in there, but its not fair because it was changed so much from the Macross anime.
Quote:Originally posted by evilomar
I personally choose Ranma

I've never seen the Japanese version, but I liked the dub for Ranma until season 4 when they changed the VA for male Ranma. that's also the season where they introduced that annoying ass principal.
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
that's also the season where they introduced that annoying ass principal.

I switched over to see what the Principal was like in English - I assure you the Japanese version is far, far worse.
I'm going to second the motion for Cowboy Bebop as best English dub.

Spirited Away, Totoro, and Laputa all have excellent dubs (although I've seen the English dub of Totoro so many times now that's just the way I expect it to sound).

I'd put in a vote for Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust if it weren't produced in English to begin with.
i'd have to say Rahxephon, hellsing, cowboy bebop, mahoromatic all have great dubs
You're Under Arrest dub. Terrible. You go girl, nuff said. Animeigo is still on my shit list for it. Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Steve_the_Talking_Pie
You're Under Arrest dub. Terrible. You go girl, nuff said. Animeigo is still on my shit list for it. Smile

I've had this conversation before, and this thread is the wrong place to do it again since this isn't a sub vs. dub debate. Even though the director of YUA had his Japanese VA's watch the American version beause he thought it was better done. Rolleyes
Tenchi. All of it.
Kare Kano! The dub VA's do such a good job and I love it more than the Japn track which is very unlike me. Then again a lot of my fav Va's do the voices so I'm biased.
i would say all the good titles i own most of ADV's stuff sucks like on there new dvd in Newtype USA. other than that i have had good luck ! Cowboy bebop is awesome by far the best ! im a sucker for dubbing ! reading hurts the mind !

-LE
Cowboy, Hellsing and I really liked the dub on Spriggan.
Quote:Originally posted by Zagatto
I'm going to second the motion for Cowboy Bebop as best English dub.

Spirited Away, Totoro, and Laputa all have excellent dubs (although I've seen the English dub of Totoro so many times now that's just the way I expect it to sound).

Cowboy Bebop defiently has awesome dub. What I don't like about the Japanese is that it's pretty mono-tone and I really have a hard time telling the difference between Jet and Spike... especially during the previews for the next episode.

I like Totoro's dub as well. My family owns it on VHS... we got it from an exchange student from Japan. It was the first anime I ever saw Big Grin.
Quote:Originally posted by Steve_the_Talking_Pie

Did I fucking call it or what? Some people just can't resist.
Pages: 1 2 3