Congress is getting ready for a draft
"...this here's a genuine Alabama Black Snake..." Full Metal Jacket is cool.

"How do you shoot women and children?"
"Easy...you just give em less lead HAHAHAHAHAAAA Get Some!!!"
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
:eek: oh no... the horror...
Never is ever forever...

[Image: inuyasha.gif]
There will most likely not be a draft because 1) The elections are coming up and if Bush wants to try and be president again, he wont try to pass a draft. 2) Kerry wont say hes for the draft because that would not get him elected. and 3) There are so many people signing up to go fight in Iraq there is no need for a draft in the first place.
I would assume that since so many people are losing jobs they are going to the military...hmmm..NWO is at hand
Well, if you do get drafted just refuse to go! I know, I know, you'll get arrested but isn't it better to be in jail than in the middle of a war? At least in jail you'll be way safer than in some God forsaken place where you can get shot, blown to pieces or decapitated at any moment!
Well for one i hate listen to all you guys bitch about stuff when you don't know everything.. Now i don't know all of it.. And i don't know if there will be a Draft, but i doubt there would be as people have said Bush wants to get reelected and he wouldn't put that in effect...

Also the WORST thing we could do right now is Pull out of Iraq Fully. We need to be there, we started it we need to finish it.. We did this once before and the Talliban is what was allowed to control Afganastain. We need to stick with it and get it done right.
I agree Shultz its just the Price (Human Lives) that is making most people falter, including me for a while. But i guess thats what us humans do, just kill one another

LAME:mad:
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
Quote:Originally posted by israfel
the draft isn't needed, the war in iraq is a volunteer war, they have plenty of soldiers. the only reason draft is being pushed is that the democrats want another reason for people to vote against bush. plus by having a draft you send people who don't want to be thier and thier attitude will be negative affect on the whole thing. they want another vietnam war, another quagmire, so that the current president looks bad. it's just another political game, and we the american public will suffer for it. its a sick political game for power. i'll see you guys in canada (not really i'm in college).

damn israfel, you are right on the ball. this whole time the republican have been saying they dont want the draft, the military is saying they dont want the draft, and bush has been saying he doesnt want the draft. the only people who want the draft is the democrats. they have been trying to push for the draft since this war started. and yes, it is completely political. there wont be a draft, nobody wants it except the minority of politicians looking to use it as a weapon against the current administration.

-Vile
Look, maybe you just saw a one headed monkey carrying two watermelons.
Ok I didn't say anything for a while but some of your comments really get my goat... You say if they draft you just say "I'm not going...and take a seat in jail" you know what I hope you get a big black guy named Jimbo and he introduces you to his "black snake"...

America has a 100% volunteer Armed Force. ANd what I mean by that is we volunteered to serve our country. Belive me there are military out there in service that feels we should be there, but when it is time to go they pack there bags, kiss thier wives and children, and board that plane. Stop your bitching... Oh and about turning Islam or running to another country let's look at those 2 choices...

First run to another country I have a friend in Germany that as soon as he finished HS and was 18 he had to serve 2 years in the Germany army, and the same happened to my buddy in South Korea. So be thank full that guys (and gals) like Schultz, Nxgl (marine), and myself step up so you don't have too...

Last about going Islam that doesn't help you in a draft and considering the reasons behind this war you could be a terroist and end up in a new type of jail where you aren't so well treated or safe. Plus you would be one hell of a little bitch...
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
Everybody is upset about this draft exactly because it's mandatory! Nowadays "America has a 100% volunteer Armed Force" and that's the way it should stay. Those who want to go to war can go and those who don't can stay. There's nothing wrong with the way things are being done right now, the problem is how they want it to be done in the future. And those military out there in service that feel other people should be there have no reason to be thinking like that since they're there 'cause they chose to be there whereas other people chose not to be. They're packing their bags, kissing their wives and children, and boarding the planes because they want to. If it's 100% volunteer Armed Force then nobody forced them to go. They're there 'cause they want to, indure the consequences (good and bad).
Big Grin come on now... as morg said: "u.s" americans got it good. in other countries (i.e S.Korea, Germany) military service is mandatory. it is true that those who're already serving can easily talk down to the naysayers, but... it is controversial. i admit that as a servicemen: however, one has to objectively look back at past generations.

what did your granpie do for his country? (back in the good ol' days)

are you a immigrant to another host country? if you've pledged your allegiance and enjoy the benefits/perks: why not give back?
in this "what can you do for me" driven world, whatever happaned to the "what can i do for you" ethos? come what may- you all have voices/sway in what representation goes on in your respective government. (unless you live in commie land h.k, where they roll tanks over you in tiananmen square).

sit down, watch some anime and sing kumbaya. my lord... * Rolleyes
Never is ever forever...

[Image: inuyasha.gif]
If I got drafted I don't think I'd complain too much unless I had a family. I would definately be scared but I'd do what I gotta do. There's nothing wrong with joining the army in any regards really at the moment. I just don't want to be in it. Nothing wrong with that either. But if I got drafted I would do my best as a soldier. My Granpa was in Korea and has all kinds of stories even though he only shot his rifle once the entire time he was there. ONE ROUND! That was it. What a story THAT is. It'd be worth it for the stories I could tell my children one day. I would make the best out of a "bad" situation. I have a cousin going to Kuwait next weekend and am proud to have a family member doing something with his life. I am also glad to have you guys Morg, Schultz, Ka-Talliya, and Nyx there or maybe I would never have gotten to know you on here if you guys weren't in the military. See I'm making the best of it now!Wink
Quote:Originally posted by DARK OSAMU
If I got drafted I don't think I'd complain too much unless I had a family. I would definately be scared but I'd do what I gotta do. There's nothing wrong with joining the army in any regards really at the moment. I just don't want to be in it. Nothing wrong with that either. But if I got drafted I would do my best as a soldier. My Granpa was in Korea and has all kinds of stories even though he only shot his rifle once the entire time he was there. ONE ROUND! That was it. What a story THAT is. It'd be worth it for the stories I could tell my children one day. I would make the best out of a "bad" situation. I have a cousin going to Kuwait next weekend and am proud to have a family member doing something with his life. I am also glad to have you guys Morg, Schultz, Ka-Talliya, and Nyx there or maybe I would never have gotten to know you on here if you guys weren't in the military. See I'm making the best of it now!Wink

You make a good point. The reason I dont want to be drafted is first of all, I dont think we should be fighting this war in the first place. Second, I have college and hopefully a good career in front of me that I dont want to waste it because I got killed fighting a war for oil.

I support the troops that are fighting in Iraq to keep america free. I think that the terrorist need to pay for what they did to our country. But Bush was stupid to invade Iraq without U.N. support.
This is probably the only time I'll be glad that my daughter is nearly deaf. I can't believe that turd is trying to sneak a draft past us now. He's beginning to remind me of a greedy Lenin.
Quote:Those who want to go to war can go and those who don't can stay. There's nothing wrong with the way things are being done right now, the problem is how they want it to be done in the future. And those military out there in service that feel other people should be there have no reason to be thinking like that since they're there 'cause they chose to be there whereas other people chose not to be. They're packing their bags, kissing their wives and children, and boarding the planes because they want to. If it's 100% volunteer Armed Force then nobody forced them to go. They're there 'cause they want to, indure the consequences (good and bad).

Ok look at it this way... Compliance With Military Selective Service Act
State law provides that a male person who has attained the age of eighteen (18) years may not enroll in a state-supported institution of postsecondary education unless he is in compliance with the Military Selective Service Act (50 U.S. Code, Appendix S451, et seq. And the amendments thereto). Also, a male person may not receive a loan, grant, scholarship or other financial assistance for postsecondary higher education funded by state revenue, including federal funds or gifts and grants accepted by this State, or receive a student loan guaranteed by the State unless he is in compliance with the Military Selective Service Act. Selective Service Act registration information should be available at all U. S. Postal Service facilities and may be available at some high schools.

You must enroll it is part of the preks of being a US citizen. So while Active duty may be a "100% volunteer Armed Force" those who are 18 to 26 you are all on the stand by status. Go here ... It will fill you in on all the changes and your obligation to this country. Or be a Dixie Chick or go live with Johnny Deep... But don't bitch about your civil duty...
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!