Recommendations for introducing a girl to anime.
I once had a girl over and she saw my anime collection and wanted to know about anime. We watched Chobits, and she found it funny. What animes would you recommend to first time female viewers?

Note: I mean stereotypical American girl. I realize that not all girls are alike.
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?
I would say trigun its short unlike kenshin which might be a bit much cause its almost 100 epsoides I would also recommend GTO
I was told Kenshin by some of the guys a long time ago when I asked, but as the person stated above it is a bit to long. I'll also agree with Trigun, if they don't like it for the action they should atleast fall in love with Wolfwood.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Get her to watch Fushigi Yuugi. Most girls I know like the series.
Angelic Layer
Azumanga
Ceres Celestial
Fruits Basket
Mahoromatic
Pretear
Tenchi Muyo Ova + Universe

There are more but since she's just starting out, give her some light stuffs.
i would recomend :

-WHR
-Cowboy bebop (episodes with Ed)
-outlaw star
-Escaflowne
-chobits
-(alot of -some eps) love hina !
-I My Me! Strawberry Egg's

those are a mix of friendly titles !
it depends on the girl viewer what type of stuff they are intrested in !

-LE
[Image: delphinesig.jpg]

"Lightning strikes only once in the same place, so ill have to get you the first time." -LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
Just roll up on the romance anime. Use common sense.... a woman is not going to be too impressed with the naked chick from GitS. Try Video Girl Ai..... although its a male based anime I think females can like it. The best way to know is ask the person in question what they like.
uhhh a movie. If she doesn't like it, don't force it on her.
Gonna go with Ayashi no Ceres or Fushigi Yuugi on this one.
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]
Neon Genesis Evangelion.
I started my wife with My Neighbor Totoro (which I saw for sale on DVD at Wal-Mart this week for only $6.88). Any Miyazaki title is a good place to start.

I agree that starting with a movie is a better choice than a TV show.

Going from my wife's tastes, Fushigi Yuugi, Love Hina, and believe it or not Armored Trooper VOTOMS.

She also enjoyed Trigun but only the earlier episodes.
If you're looking for a good cute series, I recommend Card Captor Sakura or Angelic Layer.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Quote:Originally posted by gohan32
What animes would you recommend to first time female viewers?

That depends on what designs you have on the girl Big Grin
In general, these are good.

If you are dating the girl, then
His and Her Circumstances, Fruits Basket, Chobits, Love Hina, etc

If you are just a friend with the girl, then
Last Exile, Castle in the Sky, Nadia, Crest of Stars, etc

Do you see the pattern? Wink

I can also recommend what not to get:
Berserk, Hellsing, Evangelion movie, etc
I always start with Ranma, if that doesn't work, screw it. My ex-wife and I have watched everything from Lum to Urotsukudoji. It all depends on how far you think you can get with this girl. Don't scare her by showing her hentai, although some girls really dig it!
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Start with something simple and mainstream. Start with Miyazaki movies and tell her how Disney is releasing them here. Girls love Disney movies for some stupid reason.
dont treat anime as a genre, but as a medium. Show them a movie that panders to their taste. Watching a TV show is time consuming, I doubt you can really justify them watching all of these long shows without getting used to the style, especially if you all watch it with subtitles. By treating it as a medium, don't force it on them. Just like someone who prefers books over TV, you aren't going to be able to convince them that TV and movies are better, and with anime you aren't going to be able to convince them that anime is better than something live action, unless they like it off the bat.
I agree with Fushigi Yuugi. Definantly a good choice.