Graduation/Jobless/Sad
Quote:Originally posted by Pristine
@_@ 300 thousand? Dear god I hope that number is a typo or my college is ultra cheap

Well thats for basically 8 years of schooling. 200 of the 300 total is for the next 4 years. It could of been worse though, as atleast I went to a state school for two years, then transfered to an ivy. But I would of stayed at the state school if it wasn't for the fact they went 19 million in the hole, cut all of art and music from the school (didn't affect me), but also told everyone they would most likely have to stay for 1 or 2 semesters longer, as well as alot of required courses were going to be cut.

One word of advice though, for anyone looking to make school cheaper. Just because a state school has a "bad" rep in state, isn't necessarily the case out of state, because when people heard from where I transfered from they asked why since it was such a good school; including the head of admissions for the school I transfered to. And I can also say, I really didn't notice much in the difference between quality of education between the two schools I went to, I felt they both taught on the same par; so I guess you maily just pay for the name of the school.

Quote:Originally posted by Lonely_monkey21
I want to shoot to be a coroner...I want to cut up dead ppl for a living!! I have to go to school for that, but recently I realized that I would have to go to school for a looong, loong time to be able to do that. Now I don't know if I want to do that..I don't want to have to pay for that much college.

Yeah, I believe that does take alot of time to actually complete some sort of degree/certification towards. After all you will need most of the knowledge a doctor has, since you'll need to know alot of diseases, anatomy, dysfunctions etc... to be able to find out why the person died. I will say though, that you might want to find some internships in that career field to make sure its something you want to do. Keep in mind this is something you'll be dong for the rest of you life; might as well enjoy it at the same time, or else every minute becomes an eternity. I know a guy who went to med school, did the doctor thing for a year, then decided it wasnt' for him, and went back to school for engineering. Basically 8 years and thousands in the toilet.