Japanese Acting
vicious couldn't have said it any better. i watch it both ways anyways and sometimes get something different out of each, wither it would be story or emotion. the subs usually don't follow the english dub
Quote:Originally posted by israfel
the subs usually don't follow the english dub

That's because they have to change the words around to fit the lip flaps when they do the dub for it. I know that bothers alot of people, but I could care less as long as it has the same basic meaning behind it.
I dunno, the Cowboy Bebop kinda sounded awful to me. I generally dislike re-dubs though. Leave it as intended.

Barring Golden Boy that is.
<a href="http://elotroladodelburro.tripod.com">Website</a>
Quote:Originally posted by ElVaquero
Leave it as intended.

I think the intention of most cartoons is two-fold:

1) pay attention to tbe pretty artwork
2) Understand the show

Reading subtitles detracts from point 1 and listening to it in a language that you aren't fluent in defeats purpose 2.
While I agree with both of those points, I was actually gonna try and stay away from them because I wasn't gonna turn this into a sub vs. dub debate.

I could care less how people choose to listen to their stuff. I just hate it when they say all English dubs suck when in fact some of the dubs are better than the original Japanese versions.

I listen to dubs because I'm too lazy to read while watching TV. I usually watch my anime at nighttime while lieing in bed and I'm not trying to read at that point.
i understand that vicious. i like watching both ways
Quote:Originally posted by israfel
i understand that vicious. i like watching both ways

ah, so you swing both ways, eh? Wink
hehe wouldn't you like to find out ~sarcasm~
I think this thread is pretty shallow. so you dont like Japanese acting..........dont watch it then. I dont watch many Movies here in the states because i cant stand American acting dont see me complaining. No one is forcing you to watch it, and if your roomate is kick him in the forehead...........its a show not reality im often taken by people who have problems with minor things like the way someone talks in a move yet there ok with the fact that people are surviving explosions and flying through the air like a bird................pretty funny if you ask me.
THE ENEMY HAS SPOKEN
Quote:Originally posted by enemyone
I think this thread is pretty shallow. so you dont like Japanese acting..........dont watch it then. I dont watch many Movies here in the states because i cant stand American acting dont see me complaining. No one is forcing you to watch it, and if your roomate is kick him in the forehead...........its a show not reality im often taken by people who have problems with minor things like the way someone talks in a move yet there ok with the fact that people are surviving explosions and flying through the air like a bird................pretty funny if you ask me.

Ok, that was a shitty post. This is an account of my experiences previously, I don't need your opinion on what I should do in the mean time, but I resereve my 1st amendment right to bitch about whatever the fuck I want.

As for being shallow, I don't see how much else on a message board can be that much more 'deep'.
Ignorance must be bliss.........................
THE ENEMY HAS SPOKEN