Am I unlucky or is this a widespread prob?
I got yamie no matsuei replacements recently to my surprise the exact same error was still there. I guess I'll have to ry again. Does anyone have the problem with the F/x yamie no matsu where the second half of both discs don't work at all. it stops working after the first half of both discs.
It's all about the love Wink
Sometimes it can be the player or the discs themeselves. I'm glad I haven't gotten discs like that. I assume heat could be a factor also. I've seen mail men just have mail sitting the sun for hours. Anything is possible this day and age.
Hey good luck with that 2nd replacement disks on the FX sets, I was told to "upgrade" my dvd player after receiving the replacement with the same problem... (Funny, the other 8 FX disks in the Tenchi Muyo Perfect Collection worked just fine on my Apex) Luckily my replacement FX of Yami no Matseui took care of the problem (not accessing the 2nd disks) from my Apex player, but then the place that I purchased it from also had an Apex player and could test the disks before sending it back and knew the replacement disks didn't work either...but my FX disk of Tenchi that wouldn't access the 2nd layer replacement does the same thing on about 3 different DVD players... luckily it will play on my Panasonic.. but not my new Samsung, nor a Sony or a couple of other dvd players I tried it on so "upgrading" my DVD player really didn't help much.
my FX Nadesico disc one had errors too, i sent it back to JJ awhile back but havent gotten a replacement yet. ill let you guys know what i find.

-Vile
Look, maybe you just saw a one headed monkey carrying two watermelons.
I guess I was lucky with the replacements. The last 5 replacement dvds had no problems at all.
i sent back my FLCL, eva movie, eva disc 2 and 3 for replacement (all from fx). i received the replacement for eva disc 2 and eva movie with the problem fixed, but had to sent back disc 3 cause its still not playable. now i am waiting for that and FLCL to come in the mail. i never had a faulty disc (or that what i think), all these ones had major scratches on them.
hi everyone, just want to know where exactly you get the errors

SirChico Disc 5 of Rurouni Kenshin (FX). //please tell me so i can check

Amethyst Tenchi Muyo Perfect Collection //please tell me so i can check

since i have both and still haven't gotten to watching them

and i think i good factor is on the kind of the dvd player

as for the players , don't buy a known mark, just to help im using a cheap dvd player called TIT model T-602 its zero-reign and can play *anything* without a problem i've been using it for more than 2 years

very robust for only $90
Quote:Originally posted by gala
SirChico Disc 5 of Rurouni Kenshin (FX). //please tell me so i can check
At 1 hour 36 minutes 38 seconds (chap. 22) it skips/freezes, then it won't play. But, I am not concerned as to whether it works or not for other people... JunkieJoe is going to take care of it.. so I'm all set.

Thanks JunkieJoe.
I remembered today that I thought I had a erorr on my 3rd disk of Trigun form MAC. So I went and checked the episode, sure enough I was right. The picture goes all crazy for about less than a second right after the little kid that is a gung-ho gun pulls off his coat and says who he is. But I cant get a replacement because I bought it from another website. Maybe ill sell it to my friend and buy the FX one from here. No biggie though. Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by SirChico
At 1 hour 36 minutes 38 seconds (chap. 22) it skips/freezes, then it won't play. But, I am not concerned as to whether it works or not for other people... JunkieJoe is going to take care of it.. so I'm all set.

Thanks JunkieJoe.

It worked perfectly fine for me. I only had a little problem with Disc 11, when they were attacked in the forest by the ninja clan. Bah...don't remember the chapter anyway. After I changed DVD player, it worked perfectly fine.
Quote:Originally posted by gala
hi everyone, just want to know where exactly you get the errors

Amethyst Tenchi Muyo Perfect Collection //please tell me so i can check

It's on the Ryo-Oh-Ki first disk I do believe, I couldn't access the last 3 or 4 episodes, the one with the Ryo Oh Ki special on it. The problem isn't just my Apex player... but that particular disk won't work on my new Samsung, or on a Sony I tried at Sears or for that matter, most of the DVD's I tried it on while shopping for a new DVD player... (Wouldn't access the 2nd layer, last 2 or 3 episodes including the special) It does, however, work on my Panasonic, and I haven't tried it on my new Apex player.
Maybe we all need to to buy whatever dodgy HK dvd players that the manufacturers have?