dbz mac dvd's they slacked out..
i have to agree when goku powers up it does sound like is taking a dump.lol!

i like the japanes actors alot better on the MI dvds i think they try their best when acting out their characters.

the first time i saw DBZ was the dubbed version on cartoon network i thought it was good all those years ago then my nephew got the sayian saga i watched the first dvd i was shocked to say the least i asked myself what the hell was i thinking watching dbz dubbed.. i read its aimed toward 4 year olds!! just look at the back of the box!! ((ages 3 and up))??

then i heard about the import of dragonballz with original audio and it being uncut and remastered i said to myself well ive done seen the whole show on cartoon network now i owe it to myself to see they way it was meant to be seen..

to make a long story short i am glad i bought the MI dvd's of the show i will never watch dubbed dbz again!!
Quote:Originally posted by elcoholic
If you ask people which language they like they will almost all say they like the language they first saw it in most. If they saw it (like me) on Cartoon Network they will like the english voices because thats how they/we know the charrecters. Same goes the other way arround, if you saw them in japanese first you will always like it better that way and will not be able to get used to the english voices. There are lots, if not more, people (in the US and europe) who got to know DBZ through CN and if they would like it on dvd they would want the english voices to be on there.

I don't agree. I saw Ranma first in english and then in japanese. I absolutely loved it in japanese. I find most of the time the dubbing being done by the same actors whatever the show is... after a while it starts to be annoying.
BTW, I asked on this forum a while ago about the Dragon Ball MAC part 1 version (Eps 1-13) and I was told it is the uncut version... IT IS NOT. I put a review regarding that. I want the UNCUT version... Sad Sad Sad
Quote:Originally posted by Jaded God
Just to let you know most VA's are girls in japan... Including Son Gokou who is played by Masako Tsukada aka Masako Nozawa

I would say she is of the female sex, hehe, Kakoi should post his photos of her to show.
while to some degree i agree with the "what you see someting in first" idea its not always true..................while i saw DBZ back in Japan my opinion of it was rather washy i have always felt that the show was abit strange i felt (years later i might add) the the english version almost seemed like a different show with the change in songs and Vegtas voice (i love the american voice so much) these changes change the way you view characters like vegta............in the US hes walking around screaming at everyone at the top of his lungs it seems while in the original hes not.................and lets not talk about the moments of silence you get in the original that are filled with talking and songs in the US version.........Most anime i watch in Japanese because i speak it as a second language and have done so for years i just find it funny when die hard fans think that watching it makes them in some way more Pure..................i have tried to watch it with subtitles and am distracted by the words at the bottom.....................to me there annoying
THE ENEMY HAS SPOKEN
Quote:Originally posted by enemyone
while to some degree i agree with the "what you see someting in first" idea its not always true..................while i saw DBZ back in Japan my opinion of it was rather washy i have always felt that the show was abit strange i felt (years later i might add) the the english version almost seemed like a different show with the change in songs and Vegtas voice (i love the american voice so much) these changes change the way you view characters like vegta............in the US hes walking around screaming at everyone at the top of his lungs it seems while in the original hes not.................and lets not talk about the moments of silence you get in the original that are filled with talking and songs in the US version.........Most anime i watch in Japanese because i speak it as a second language and have done so for years i just find it funny when die hard fans think that watching it makes them in some way more Pure..................i have tried to watch it with subtitles and am distracted by the words at the bottom.....................to me there annoying

Tell me why you would even watch it with subs if Japanese is a second language to you?? Rolleyes Makes no sense to me.
easy its a second language for me but not my best friend and my wife who speak chinese
THE ENEMY HAS SPOKEN