Import Anime Forums

Full Version: dbz mac dvd's they slacked out..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i dont know if anyone else on this forum has bought any of the dbz mac dvds but to those who havent i warn you not to because your are not getting as described..

for starters the mac dbz part 3 & 4 only contain 12 episodes!! 3 on each menu with the 4th one being unselectable..

and the subtitle script is the lame funi version...

not to mention the FALSE adverting or MISPRINT on the back of the case saying contains episodes 54 thru 81 while it only contains 12 episodes and totally and completely LEAVES OUT 15 friggin episodes!!

i dont if this a game mac's playing or a misprint..

i just wish some online stores would just test a dvd to make sure it has all the episodes..

i mean it would be like me going to a flea market and buy a showbox the selling it to some one thinks theyre getting shoe's on the inside!! i dont know if makles any sense to some..

just avoid them i thought i had defective dvd's but sure enough nothing changed after i replaced it 2 times..

to those willing to take the chance and buy the set it plays fine on everything i tried it on..but it suffers from mild pixelation on fast action scenes while it should be a perfect picture..4 episodes and pixelation?? what the hell is that crap??
I don't suppose you bothered to chapter skip thru the episodes did you? No, didn't think so, because if you did, you'd of seen they are all there...

I have this set... MAC DBZ Part 3 Vol. 7 - 9 epi. 54 - 81 and here are the episode titles for them: Please feel free to count them there are 28 in total just as the box says.

Disk 1 9 episodes:

Ginu Assault
Ginu Takes the Field
Goku is Ginyu Ginyu is Goku
Calling The Eternal Dragon
Gohan Defeat Your Dad
Captain Ginyu The Frog
Password is Porunga
Piccolo's Return
The Fusion

Disk 2 10 episodes:

Fighting Power 1 Million
Gohan Attacks
Piccolo Super Namek
Deja Vu
Frieza's 2nd Transformation
Another Transformation?
Dende's Demise
The Renewed Goku
The End of Vegetta
The Ultimate Battle

Disk 3 9 episodes:

Clash of The Super Powers
Frieza's Boast
Bold & Fearless
Embodiment of Fire
Trump Card
Keep the Chance Alive
Power of The Spirit
Transformed at Last
Explosionof Anger

I also have Part 4... which is set up the same way from the chapter menu, there are 3 chapters.. and each one of those is broken up into episodes.
amethyst thanks for the tip but all i have is 4 eps on my dvds and i tried the chapter skip to know avail..

is there some sorta thing i click on the menu?? if there is its not up there..

i will try them again on another player to see if anything changes..
Quote:Originally posted by casshan83
amethyst thanks for the tip but all i have is 4 eps on my dvds and i tried the chapter skip to know avail..

is there some sorta thing i click on the menu?? if there is its not up there..

i will try them again on another player to see if anything changes..

What is the total amount of time on your player at the end of your disk? If it is more than 80 min. (4 epi. x 20 min.), then you have all the episodes... As I said before, you can't access all 9 episodes on the disk from the main menu episodes list because it doesn't list them that way, it lists them in 3 sections.... you access a section from the 3 choices and then you access the 3 episodes in each section via just playing it straight thru or chapter skipping in each section. You can only chapter skip if you are playing the DVD, not from the episode menu with the 3 choices.

Let me try to explain this another way:

From your main menu you have the episode menu (which isn't like most episode menu's it only lists 3 episodes... only they aren't episodes, they are more like chapter titles) So you have a sub menu with 3 choices, they aren't episodes at all, more like chapter titles to the episodes they contain.

Each one of those chapter titles contains 3 or more episodes apiece, so 3 x 3 = 9 episodes per disk, with the 2nd disk containing 10 episodes, one of the chapters has 4 episodes in it)

Now if that still doesn't make any sense then do this:

Go to the main menu, choose play... now count the episodes as you watch them, you will see there are 9 episodes on the first disk, 10 on the second and 9 on the third disk for a total of 28 episodes. (an episode is usually comprised of opening (singing), recap from previous episode (last time on DBZ), the episode, preview of next episode (next time on DBZ) but may or may not have the opening before each episode).
thanks amethyst i can now see all the episodes but i sure hope the next person who reviews these mac dvd's should mention this problem and it indeed is a problem.

i know on my dvd player its a hassle trying to get to the other chapters.

well at least the person i got it for can now see all the eps...

why couldnt the mac dvd's use the same menu imterface as the MI set if it did it would very easy to navigate...

i just hope all the other ones are not like these..Sad
I know the 4th set has the same type of menu... but I'm thinking the 5th set, no maybe the 6th one goes back to listing all the episodes like before... I'd have to check my sets... :p
I would like to add that the 4th set is actually missing a few episode, the first 3 eps of the Garlic Jr saga. It's never been one of my favorite saga's but it's a shame nonetheless.
Why do you guess bother with the MAC rips of Funi dvds.. Just get the MI sets guys they are worth it trust me. I am almost ready to watch them straight through.. Look for my reviews and more screens Wink
i already have to of the MI dvd's and from what ive seen so far the mac version is garbage..

although i only own parts 3'4'5' of the MI dvds just one look at the subs and the quality of the video had me hooked..

the mac dvds are for a relative thats why the questions..
Quote:Originally posted by Jaded God
Why do you guess bother with the MAC rips of Funi dvds.. Just get the MI sets guys they are worth it trust me. I am almost ready to watch them straight through.. Look for my reviews and more screens Wink

I know if I would buy DBZ dvd's I'd go with the MAC sets because of the Eng.dub. Thats the way I saw it on tv and the only way i remeber the charracters but the most important thing is the annoying japanese voices (goku done by a girl...) I just can't get used to those sissy voices.

This is my opinion and i'm not starting a dub. vs sub. debate here but I think alot of people use this reason to get the MAC sets over the MI sets.
Quote:Originally posted by elcoholic
I know if I would buy DBZ dvd's I'd go with the MAC sets because of the Eng.dub. Thats the way I saw it on tv and the only way i remeber the charracters but the most important thing is the annoying japanese voices (goku done by a girl...) I just can't get used to those sissy voices.

This is my opinion and i'm not starting a dub. vs sub. debate here but I think alot of people use this reason to get the MAC sets over the MI sets.

lol, are you kidding? Yea right MI sets sell wayyy more than the MAC ones I would put my life on it. More people want the real japanese show and not the english dub.
If you ask people which language they like they will almost all say they like the language they first saw it in most. If they saw it (like me) on Cartoon Network they will like the english voices because thats how they/we know the charrecters. Same goes the other way arround, if you saw them in japanese first you will always like it better that way and will not be able to get used to the english voices. There are lots, if not more, people (in the US and europe) who got to know DBZ through CN and if they would like it on dvd they would want the english voices to be on there.

I saw all eps. of DBZ and DBGT in english but some of the movies from the MAC movies set are Jap. only. I was shocked...GOKU SOUNDS LIKE A GIRL(and was voiced by a girl I found out later). That was pretty hard to get used to after 450 eps. in english if you get my point.

I wonder where you get the information that MI sets sell way more than MAC. I would think that in the US and europe the MAC sets should sell better but in the asian region the MI sets would do better. Remember that the people who post on forums are only a very small part of the total community who buy these sets and that the largest portion of HKDVD's are sold on the streets and in shops in countries like malaysia, HK and China. Still, you could be right but I don't think the difference will be that big.
umm yea maybe if you count all the little kids who like the English version. Go for it if you want gokou to sound like he is taking a dump when he powers up or goes SSJ for the first time.

Stupid. And gokous VA for japanese is like any Seiyuu voice actor... You obviously don't like anime that much or don't know what your talking about. Most voices are played by girls.
Just to let you know most VA's are girls in japan... Including Son Gokou who is played by Masako Tsukada aka Masako Nozawa
You can't deal very good with people sharring their opinions can you?

I OBVIOUSLY don't like anime. Where do you get that FACT from and since you know everything about me WTF AM I DOING HERE?

Like I said before, I'm giving my opinion. My opinion is I don't like the Japanese VA's for DBZ because I saw 450 eps. in english just like alot of other fans and I can't, nor want to, get used to his sissy Japanese voice(Goku powering up in japanese sounds like he broke a nail:p ). I do know for a fact that alot if not most people agree with my "first language you hear you like best" theory.

I'm not getting into dub/sub arguments but me not liking Japanese (maybe because alot of the male VA's are girls, its not realistic) and not liking reading subs doesn't have anything to do with liking anime. I like animation and get the same joy from watching X-men (or other relatively adult american cartoons) as I get from anime. Story is most important for me.

I'm not planning to buy these sets anyway I'm just trying to make you see how other people would like the MAC set. I'm going to give up since you don't seem to have the ability to agree with other peoples opinions which happen to differ from yours. You might want to work on thatRolleyes
Pages: 1 2