Little Snow Fairy
Has anyone watched this series yet? I was thinking of buying the whole series but HELL!!!!! the whole series is expensive.............................. Sad Big Grin I don't want to spend that much on a series which I may end up disliking.......

Also, does anyone know if there's a HK set with Eng/Jap audio? So far, all those sets I'd seen are all in Japanese only. Thx
I watched the first 12 epsoides but it was so anoying and dumb that I couldnt countinue sugar is one of the most anoying characters I have seen so far
You should know better by now. Anything new that's released R1, I've most likely checked out. I watched the series all the way through. I thought it was an Ok series. It actually did have somewhat of a plot to it. But it is sickeningly cute, so it's best watched over intervals. It's not a show you can marathon. I'd rate it more of a rental than a must-have type of show though.
Sickeningly sweet huh? *shudders* Man..I hate those shows.....I guess I'll just skip it......

Vic, so Netflix has a good selection of anime now? Guess I'll reactivate my a/c during summer...too much time to spare....since I'm unsure if I want to take summer classes....7am...i don't think I can wake up at all since I sleep at 3 or 4am everyday and it's freaking hot....
Quote:Originally posted by Japschin

Vic, so Netflix has a good selection of anime now?

Thing with Netflix is that you need to do a search type in the name of the series. You can't just browse the anime section, because alot of titles won't come up that way even though they're labeled as anime. Here's a list of what I've rented off there over the last month or so.

Infinite Ryvius: Vol. 4
Happy Lesson: Vol. 3
Mouse: Vol. 1
The World of Narue: Vol. 1
The Twelve Kingdoms: Vol. 5
The Twelve Kingdoms Vol. 4
Puni Puni Poemy
Texhnolyze: Vol. 1
Saiyuki: Vol. 9
Heat Guy J: Vol. 5
Tenchi Muyo GXP: Vol. 1
L/R: Licensed by Royalty: Mission File 3
Slayers: Excellent
Yeah.....last time I used to the search too till I started having problems with their delivery and receiving time. Pissed me off so much that I closed to membership.

Hehhehe I know that I don't like the Slayers TV series but I kind of enjoyed the Excellent, Gorgeous etc individual ovas.........that's why I bought them too.

I was gonna buy 12 kingdoms but since it's a VERY long series, I guess I'll wait another 2 years for it to be totally released.

Well..............guess will reopen Netflix a/c now that they have a much wider selection. The only thing is I can't browse through their selection unless I become a member. Thanks
I missed out on the early volumes of 12 Kingdoms. I already have preordered discs 6 and 7 and will preorder any subsequent volumes. I'll eventually get the 1st 5 as well when Shawne over at Rightstuf decides to put them on sale. Wink The rest of those series, I'm just renting even though some of them are really good. But since I try to limit myself to about $100-$150 per month on anime, I can't buy everything I'd want to.
Also, I just noticed you have Gokudo and Orphen up in your trade lists. I was thinking of ordering the HK's from JJ for those 2 sets. How are the series? Did you enjoy them? I heard Gokudo is alot like Slayers, so I'm thinking of checking it out. Orhen . . . I'm not so sure of, because it is an ADV release and does have my girl Hilary in it, so I don't like buying HK's for stuff like that. She plays Dortin and I'm not sure how big a role that character has in the series. If it's just a minor character, then I might pick up the HK for it.
Go ahead and order this series! The MI set is close to perfect. OK, it's a lot of sugar in "Sugar", but I bet you'll like it. It really is a wonderful series.
The Beard is out there...

Click here to view BeardFan's HK DVD list
Vic,
Gokudo is really underrated....it's funny and actually have a pretty decent storyline. I dunno, maybe it's me, I enjoyed Gokudo more than I enjoyed Slayers.

Orphen, dark....sad in some ways, my type of anime. Well, get them on R1s coz they are pretty cheap actually. Won't be more than $60 for 6 dvds. Same as Gokudo. Dortin appears in every episode till the end.

A bit out of topic but I finally finished my Devil Lady. Stopped at Vol. 3 2 mths ago then forgot abt it as I got really busy. It's really good.....dark again........ADV

Heheheh....sure shows my 'dark' personality.Big Grin :p

Talk about spending limit. I guess I can't curb my spending on anime. I curbed it for a month, and I went crazy this month. This month alone, almost $1.5k on anime with all those out of print limited editions, then I had so many unexpected expenses too. Man.....i'm out of breath trying not to tap into my permanent put-aside-cash to pay for all expenses this month.........I failed horrendously.....
Quote:Originally posted by BeardFan
Go ahead and order this series! The MI set is close to perfect. OK, it's a lot of sugar in "Sugar", but I bet you'll like it. It really is a wonderful series.

I would like to see it but if it's sickeningly sweet, I'm not going to like it. I don't really like those super girly sweety stuffs.....*goosebumps*

MI set huh? But it's only Jap. Even though I watch everything in Jap, I would want to have it in Eng dub too coz if I don't like it, I could give it to my bf's nieces.........
There is a online anime DVD rental site (similar to netflix, but nothing but R1 anime, and you can request them to get titles) but I can't remember the link now. You can try google.

As for Sugar, I couldn't stand to watch past the first episode. I hate those magical, cheery, everything-is-perfect-and-my-heart-is-so-innocent-and-pure characters, as well as the boring storyline. Bleh. Try finding a download of it first, but unless you are a massive massive shojou/magical girl/innocent fan, I'd avoid it. If you liked Di Gi Charat, you'd probably like this.
I don't like Digi or Bottle Fairy.....i stopped watching them at ep. 3. I can't stand them......almost died............:p Big Grin Guess I'll just forget abt it......
Hehehhe...i can't stand those cutey sweety magical girl type of shows...urgh..
Quote:Originally posted by dvd_master
There is a online anime DVD rental site (similar to netflix, but nothing but R1 anime, and you can request them to get titles) but I can't remember the link now. You can try google.

I forget what it's called now, but it's not really worth it for us East Coast people since it takes us too long to receive the DVD's.