live action asian film recommendations
Quote:Originally posted by DARK OSAMU
Fists Of Fury... Bruce Lee is Great
Chinese Connection... My Favorite Bruce Lee Movie
Return Of the Dragon...My other Favorite Bruce Lee movie
Enter The Dragon...IT'S ENTER THE DRAGON!!!
Dude whatever the hell chinese connection and return of the dragon are, they are certainly not bruce lee movies, he only made 4 kung-fu movies (he made loads as a child actor); the big boss, fist of fury, the way of the dragon and enter the dragon, some would include game of death, but considering bruce only actually appears in 11 mins of it i personally wouldnt.

as far as recommendations go, i recently watched and enjoyed:
audition (Takashi Miike, definately original)
hitman (best jet li movie ive seen)
once upon a time in china
violent cop, sonatine, boiling point (all beat takeshi movies)
zaitoichi (beat takeshi one)
hard boiled (best john woo movie)
way of the dragon (best bruce lee movie, although fist of fury is a close second)
see you space cowboy...
Quote:Originally posted by sanosuke
Dude whatever the hell chinese connection and return of the dragon are, they are certainly not bruce lee movies, he only made 4 kung-fu movies (he made loads as a child actor); the big boss, fist of fury, the way of the dragon and enter the dragon

Uhhh...no. Why does the official Bruce Lee Master Collection DVD set include The Chinese Connection and Return of the Dragon then?

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.as...em_id=7365

Chinese Connection is also famous because it was one of the first movies that Jackie Chan was in, even though he gets beat up.

Anyway, I would recommend everyone to go watch Ong-Bak if you can find a well subbed version, best action scenes I've seen in a long time.
well according to your link it appears that both are infact bruce lee movies but with different titles, a lá; return of the dragon = way of the dragon, chinese connection = fist of fury, and what you guys called fist of fury was originally the big boss (man you yanks fucked that one up nicely) ive no idea why as i have never heard these movies refered to under those titles, but still im right about him only makin 4 movies! Big Grin
see you space cowboy...
Heh, don't blame me, I'm not American. :p
sorry man, my bad! Big Grin
see you space cowboy...
I saw Storm Riders yesterday. A period fantasy movie, guys with super powers fight it out in an ancient China setting, more flying around in this one. It was a pretty good movie. Lots of CG in it, some of it was were pretty cool and nicely done while other parts weren't as succesful.

The villain in the movie had a classic evil laugh.