Looking for feedback
Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
the circles are neat, but I think a bit of work to make the rest of the page a bit more spiffy would go a long way, including links on the side (using tables, not frames) and a decent banner (nothing to flash, something a little subdued, but pretty and not big).

Ack don't use Tables for layout.. use Cascade Style Sheets.. much easier if you wish to change something in the future.. tables are designed for displaying data not site layout..
I found tables to very easy to manipulate, granted you get the rows and columns all straight.
I'm curious... I've had a few people mention not to use frames but nobody has said why yet.
To be honest, I didn't even know that I used frames on the site. I just used Adobe GoLive and fudged things around until I got them to look like I wanted them and the pages loaded fairly quickly.
What are the advantages of other methods for doing page layouts that people have mentioned. Are they easy to impliment?
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
you didn't use frames. Frames are easy to be clunky. Only if you program them to not include certain functions can it be good looking, incluiding being very pixel specific.
Quote:Originally posted by Zagatto
I'm curious... I've had a few people mention not to use frames but nobody has said why yet.
To be honest, I didn't even know that I used frames on the site. I just used Adobe GoLive and fudged things around until I got them to look like I wanted them and the pages loaded fairly quickly.
What are the advantages of other methods for doing page layouts that people have mentioned. Are they easy to impliment?

Well the advantages of CSS is you have better control over layout.. Also you put all your layout and style definitions in one file and each page on the site loads them.. This way if you wish to change say your font sizes you edit one file.. instead of all the different spots where you use them.. make'ing it easier to manage..