Losing our precious HKs?!?!
If Hong Kong was self-sufficient the British would not have had to hand it back to China.

Anyway the pirate problem is way worse in mainland China than in Hong Kong.

Does anyone actually think China is going to really listen? Rolleyes
People outside China ask them to be more democratic... they are ignored
People within ask for it... they get squished or ignored

Even if China stopped pirating USA produced DVDs... there is plenty of non-USA sources to rip anime.

Economically HK has always been quite reliant on mainland China. One of the reasons for its prosperity is that it acted as a gateway for doing business in mainland China.

If mainland China had no control over Hong Kong how come the head of the Hong Kong government is appointed by China? They are subject China's basic law which is revised to encompass more whenever the PRC realises there is a loophole or some eventuality is not covered.
Quote:Originally posted by Jaded God
Bush lead our country to war on grounds of nothing... I don't know why you would support him.

Prove that is was on grounds of nothing! Go on, prove it. That BASTARD needed ousting after what he did to his own people, his OWN PEOPLE!!! If you don't know what I am talking about, PM me and I will send you the pictures!
(GOMEN, lost my temper!)

Piracy will always continue in one form or another.
"MADE IN HEAVEN, FORGED IN HELL"
Quote:Originally posted by Ka-Talliya
Prove that is was on grounds of nothing! Go on, prove it. That BASTARD needed ousting after what he did to his own people, his OWN PEOPLE!!!!
(GOMEN, lost my temper!)

Piracy will always continue in one form or another.

I don't want to start anything or offend anyone for that matter, and I support our troops, not necesseraly the cause, but they can't help that. However, this kind of stuff happens in alot of countries and no one does shit about it. I'm from a third world country, so I know because my country had nothing to offer the U.S. it would never get help. There are countries in Africa, South America, hell even Asia that things like this happen in everyday. I pray that all our troops will come home safely, but I don't beleive in war.

And yes piracy will always LIVE!!!!!
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Prove that is was on grounds of nothing! Go on, prove it. That BASTARD needed ousting after what he did to his own people, his OWN PEOPLE!!! If you don't know what I am talking about, PM me and I will send you the pictures!
(GOMEN, lost my temper!)

I think you've got it the wrong way arround on this. Bush needs to prove that what he did was valid. He can't prove it without finding WMD's.

I'm all for freeing opressed people but for the right reasons. And I totaly agree with Evilomar's comments.

I think your a little biased because of Schultz doing his job in Iraq and you don't want to think that it was for no reason which is totaly understandable but to blindly follow your president because he's your employer is another thing. If you don't agree than you must still be under the impression that Iraq has WMD because that's the reason your leader gave the world. So unless your pictures contain WMD your president lied and went to war for the wrong reasons.

Now I have a feeling that your going to take this the wrong way but i don't know any other words to use so please don't think I'm attacking you. I just have a REAL BAD feeling that Bush has send thousands of people (Us and Iraq) to their grave just so he will be remembered in the history books or whatever selfish reason he has.
There is so much more besides the war too. Here is a flyer a had from before the war: Top 15 reasons to hate your president

Support our troops, vote Bush out!

Hong Kong is definitely a part of China, and the gap between the two is slowly being widdled away. Their economic policy is an attempt at "two worlds one nation." It will be cool to see how it all works out in 50 years.
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?
I think when a country BLATANTLY attacks another like they do to each other all the time over there and like 9/11 and such. That is grounds for war. It's as simple as a schoolyard fight, the bully slaps the kid minding his own business upside the head, that is grounds for a beating. All the crap Saddam has put his people through, all the crap Osama is fighting for, is all grounds to go to war. I don't want war. I don't think we should have war. But if others want war that is fine. Osama and Saddam want war. That is ok. But since they INSTIGATE war with us and others, then I am all for war. You can want to kill me all you want but as soon as you act out on it then I hope you know there will be Hell to pay if it is unsucsessful. just like why we went to war. They killed a ton of people in 9/11 for no reason. Those people that died in 9/11 had nothing to do with why those terrorists did what they did. The terrorists were angry at our government related citizens. Our army, our president, and so forth. The people that died in 9/11 were the last rung on the ladder, which means they were easier targets. Those pussy terrorists took a cheap shot at us and I am all for giving them a lesson in war. They wanted a fight and I am all for giving them one since they acted out on it.
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
And that Top15 reasons list is pretty fucking lame.

EDIT

I hope you didn't agree with that crap because System Of A Down or some lame ass punk band said they hate him.
Schultz I am all for freeing people... But we went over there on the grounds of WMD... Show me the Weapons of Mass Destruction.

I am not arguing Saddam is an evil man. He is a horrible man and needed to be dealt with... But not like that. I mean wtf ever happened to Osama Bin Laden our main target??? And al queda?
Sadam most likely had nothing to do with 911. You got yours back when the US took out those taliban fuckers. Osama and Sadam, while they both are against the US, hated each others guts. And where do you get the idea that Sadam wanted to be attacked by the most powerfull military force in the world? This started when the UN weapons inspectors couldn't find any WMD while getting full cooperation from Iraq. They said to the UN that Iraq most likely didn't have any left. Bush didn't believe this (or so he says) so he sent the army to look for him.

Also it wasn't a country that attacked you. It was a state of mind that attacked you. You can't locate and attack a state of mind like normal warfare, you have to show them they are wrong by not doing what they hate most about you. This state of mind has gotten infenetly more followers because of Iraq all over the world. The US has more enemies now than...ever. This was not a smart thing to do in the time we live in. If Sadam did have WMD it would have been another story becuase he would have gone against UN mandate but he didn't have any.

And Dark, are those reasons on that list not true or don't you think those are important subjects? I thought it had some pretty strong arguments to show Bush's stupidity. Especialy all the international treaty's he declined or broke open.

I don't know why this gets to me the way it does (its your president after all) but I grew up with american tv shows and movies and I always saw the US as the "promised land" and the land where everything is possible and the best place to live in the world. Well, lets say that my views have changed since Bush got into power and I'm now trying to figure out how it really works.
I think they aren't good reasons to hate him. I don't think it's stupid to want those things but just because he didn't go for em is not legitimate to hate the man. And I never said Saddam and Osama were working together. Just that they are very similar. They fight for what they believe in and no belief is worth taking lives over.
Quote:Originally posted by DARK OSAMU
I I never said Saddam and Osama were working together. Just that they are very similar. They fight for what they believe in and no belief is worth taking lives over.

Isn't that what our founding fathers believed when they eradicated the Native Americans?
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Quote:I hope you didn't agree with that crap because System Of A Down or some lame ass punk band said they hate him.

Dark Osamu, I loathe Bush because i am a liberal. I believe in gay rights, abortion (not the 3rd trimester though), strong environmental laws, and most of all i disagree with any economic actions any Bush had, has, or will ever have (most likely). Granted, i'm sure there are a lot of people that just follow what some band or freakin' Mtv says, but you should tone it down a bit. I was hoping that we could have discussion, but your tone indicates a harshness that was not called for just yet.
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?
WTF are talking about omar? What do indians from 200 years ago have to do with what I said. I'm talking about NOW. And No I don't agree with that either. Why is it EVERY time I speak my opinion all you illiterate bastards dog on me. READ WHAT I SAID!

And I wasn't being harsh Gohan. Read some stuff from WAY back and you'll see I can give even Vicious a run for his money.

EDIT
Before Omar takes what I said out of context again.
I said they fight for what they beleive in and no beleif is worth taking lives for. BY THAT I MEANT THIS>>>>>They kill people all the time for their beleifs. In other words, Instead of saying We beleive in Allah and you don't so we wont talk to you or hang out with you guys, they KILLL YOU! Or You don't agree with what we want so guess what...YOU ARE GOING TO DIE. What reason is that to kill people? These are examples by the way. I'm keeping it short and simple so if anyone takes this out of proportion,AHEM Omar AHEM I guess I'll never get my point across.
Prove that is was on grounds of nothing! Go on, prove it. That BASTARD needed ousting after what he did to his own people, his OWN PEOPLE!!!

Maybe he did need ousting. But those reasons you just listed aren't the reasons that Bush gave us for invading. The reasons he gave us have been proven false. He lied to us and insulted our intelligence. For that alone, I can never forgive him.

I think when a country BLATANTLY attacks another like they do to each other all the time over there and like 9/11 and such. That is grounds for war. It's as simple as a schoolyard fight, the bully slaps the kid minding his own business upside the head, that is grounds for a beating. All the crap Saddam has put his people through, all the crap Osama is fighting for, is all grounds to go to war. I don't want war. I don't think we should have war. But if others want war that is fine. Osama and Saddam want war.

Bush got what he wanted. He go you to put the 2 (saddam and osama) in the same boat and hoped that that helps him get reelected. Saddam hadn't done anything to the US on over 10 years. Don't get me wrong, Saddam is a dick too. But there has not been any proof that he had anything to do with 9/11.

Wasn't it a white guy that did the Oklahoma city bombings or whatever. And didn't somebody try bombing the WTC like 10-15 years ago or something? I don't remember them being muslims. But I also don't remember the president of the US going around attacking every white guy he could find.

In other words, Instead of saying We beleive in Allah and you don't so we wont talk to you or hang out with you guys, they KILLL YOU! Or You don't agree with what we want so guess what...YOU ARE GOING TO DIE. What reason is that to kill people?

Now you've gone too far, me being a muslim and all. How many times have I tried to explain to you guys that nowhere in Islam are any of those actions condoned? Just because there are some crazy muslims out there, doens't mean that's what the religion is about. Just like there are some psychos of every race and religion. Only difference is that the media and politicians here seem to focus more on the muslims. Just like when the cold war was going on, they seemed to focus more on the Coummunists. Muslims had the same beliefs then. Just like we had the same beliefs 100, 200, and 500 years ago. It seems kind of strange to me that there is nothing negative in the history books about muslims until recently. The religion has not changed since it's inception.
Also, if you want to see how much against violence Islam is, I suggest you go check out a true biography about Prophet Muhammad. He got stoned and beaten so many times and never once fought back. The media nor the history books don't really seem to teach you guys that stuff. But they're sure to point out how George Washington cut down a tree and then said "I can not tell a lie" or how Jesus got beaten and crucified. If someone wants to bash the religion or say something negative about it, go research it for yourself first instead of simply taking everything at face value.

EDIT: Also, I really don't care enough about politics to argue about them. Nor do I even bother to keep up with politics. I also, don't want to really get into an argument about religion. But if someone is going to say something that's wrong about my religion, I have to try and correct them. Let me repeat this one last time and hopefully this will be the end of it. Nowhere does Islam promote or condone violence. While it is true that there is supposed to be a Jihad (holy war), this crap that has gone on recently is NOT a Jihad.