The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Import Anime Forums
Losing our precious HKs?!?! - Printable Version

+- Import Anime Forums (https://import-anime.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Anime/HK DVD Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Babble (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Losing our precious HKs?!?! (/thread-2917.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Losing our precious HKs?!?! - gohan32 - 04-20-2004

I don't want to freak you out too much, but this worries me...
This week's New York Times had an article about talks with China that George Bush has been planning since his election platform. Negotiators argued for China to enforce its anti-piracy laws. They pushed for China to stop piracy of DVDs and CDs produced by US companies. Yes, our HKs come from Japan, but you can bet that Japanese corporations are a concern for Bush too not just US corp.

Here's a link to the article, though you need the free NYtimes membership to view it. click it

Losing our precious HKs?!?! - SirChico - 04-20-2004

All this talk of copyright laws! I don't want to lose *my preciousss*

Losing our precious HKs?!?! - -spike- - 04-20-2004

That sucks, but I have a simple solution. Vote bush out of office, hes an idiot anyway.

Losing our precious HKs?!?! - Vile - 04-20-2004

look, import anime is great and all guys. but this cant surprise you.

on one hand, it is illegal and undermines the ability of a creator of a work to profit from it. you can't say that these companies have any right to copy someone elses works without paying them compensation.

on the other hand, we get ripped off so bad on most R1s anyway, it serves the studios right for milking every cent out of anime because they know the fans will buy it nearly regardless of price.

and the comment about bush, this really has nothing to do with him. its about enforcing copyright law. hes just trying to protect the US economy. like he is supposed to.

-Vile

Losing our precious HKs?!?! - ElVaquero - 04-20-2004

Thankfully Hong Kong is not China.

Losing our precious HKs?!?! - Japschin - 04-20-2004

Theoretically and factually, Hongkong belongs to China.

Losing our precious HKs?!?! - Jaded God - 04-20-2004

He won't stop anything.. He is going to get booted anyways. Kerry!

Losing our precious HKs?!?! - kakoi_sugoi_yama - 04-20-2004

BLARG!

I hate it when things have to turn political!

On topic:

We will always have piracy. It will never be stopped. No matter who tries to outlaw it.Wink

Losing our precious HKs?!?! - Last Exile - 04-20-2004

i agree with him !
it will never be stoped !
also Hong Kong isnt part of china. unless china invades it and takes it over again !
lol

-LE

nah I know I am not a fan of politics at all... And not even for Kerry.. Just rather have Kerry than Bush. I am tired of seeing a rambling idiot who cannot speak coherently on tv as our president.

Losing our precious HKs?!?! - Vile - 04-20-2004

how articulate Bush is says absolutely nothing about how ability to lead. if you are basing your view of our president on that alone, you are a waste of space at your local polling place.

now, show me how ignorant you are. i really want to know.

-Hate me, for I am Vile

Losing our precious HKs?!?! - matthewmalay - 04-20-2004

Quote:Originally posted by Last Exile

also Hong Kong isnt part of china
-LE

Hong Kong is a part of China.

Losing our precious HKs?!?! - hbk101 - 04-20-2004

Hong Kong is a part of China politically, but it is still independent economically, which is what really matters in this case.

Quote:Originally posted by Vile
how articulate Bush is says absolutely nothing about how ability to lead. if you are basing your view of our president on that alone, you are a waste of space at your local polling place.

now, show me how ignorant you are. i really want to know.

-Hate me, for I am Vile

Bush lead our country to war on grounds of nothing... I don't know why you would support him.

Losing our precious HKs?!?! - ElVaquero - 04-20-2004

Exactly. Only by property rights does China "own" Hong Kong. They are completely self-sufficient. China actually almost ruined Hong Kong economically. They have no control.