argh what is this anime!?!?!
well i am going to get both cause i love anime Big Grin Cool Smile
i am a hamburger

My HK Anime Collection
My R1 Anime Collection
take a peek and buy something ^-^
That's good to hear. Since there is no HK Macross R1 rip, I suppose you will pick up R1 and support Animeigo? Wink Animeigo is really a good company. I'll say they are one of the best R1 anime companies.
Quote:Originally posted by hbk101
That's good to hear. Since there is no HK Macross R1 rip, I suppose you will pick up R1 and support Animeigo? Wink Animeigo is really a good company. I'll say they are one of the best R1 anime companies.

if the price is right yes Cool
i am a hamburger

My HK Anime Collection
My R1 Anime Collection
What are you talking about? MAC has a two-part set ripped from the Animeigo R1 sets, with the second part due out soon.
Quote:Originally posted by Robojack
What are you talking about? MAC has a two-part set ripped from the Animeigo R1 sets, with the second part due out soon.

macross 7? or a different macross cuase i'm waiting to get the two parts of the fx set of macross 7
i am a hamburger

My HK Anime Collection
My R1 Anime Collection
Quote:Originally posted by NightRayne
macross 7? or a different macross cuase i'm waiting to get the two parts of the fx set of macross 7

I think they did end up finally ripping the Animeigo sets. I'm not a big Macross fan, so I don't keep on top of it. But I heard something a few months back.
Quote:Originally posted by Robojack

Which set are u talking about? This?

Macross SDF1 ~ Perfect Collection Complete Box Set sku#: MA311E-Z

Is this new? I am suprised that no one ever requested it.
No one requested it because MAC also released the set in two parts earlier. THe first part has already been released with the second part coming soon, so many people have that. There's no reason to buy the entire set again. And Nightrayne, I was talking about SDF Macross. Where did you get the impression that I was talking about Macross 7?

I recommend the FX sets for Macross 7, simply because Macross 7 is NEVER coming over to North America, nor would I want it to. It's the most accurate you can get of subs, even though its sub quality is inconsistent at times.
If you've seen this series when you were young than you probably watched it in english. Youy might wat to get the english version just because it might change the original feelings you got when you first watched it. It changed it for me. I personally enjoy the englsih version over the japanese version because I remeber the voices of every chracter and changing that would have the probability of ruining things.
trust me.
It's all about the love Wink
BTW, I have only seen Macross, not Robotech. How much stuff have been edited out of Macross to make Robotech? Is it as bad as Warriors of the Wind aka Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind? ( In Warriors of the wind, they edited out anything that was deemed slow and the story became quite altered as a result)
Quote:Originally posted by buffgod
If you've seen this series when you were young than you probably watched it in english. Youy might wat to get the english version just because it might change the original feelings you got when you first watched it. It changed it for me. I personally enjoy the englsih version over the japanese version because I remeber the voices of every chracter and changing that would have the probability of ruining things.
trust me.
I'm Chinese in origin, and I remember watching SDF Macross and Gundam in Japanese, with Chinese subs. Don't mix me with all you Robotech fanboys out there. I'm 21 right now, and I remember watching them when I was around 3 or 4, and reruns later when I was around 7 or 8. Macross was aired on Japanese TV in 1982, and reached other asian countries by the following year or so.

I pretty much grew up around anime. I remember many of the great series in the 80s such as Dr. Slump, Yamato, or the original Dragonball series, as well as many of the super robot animes. You can imagine the horror when I moved to Canada and saw the crap they were airing on North American television. I will probably do the same with my kids, and let them experience the joy of anime, before unleashing the cold, cruel, kiddy world of North American animation.
Quote:Its Robotech he rented it at a blockbuster. If it wasn't for Carl Macek it would have been many years before anime hit here in America. I didn't have the luxury of growing up in Japan, so what I did watch was Robotech, and it was damn good.

Many of us at the time thought the same thing, believe me. At the time, we didn't even know that it was an edited version of the Japanese original. Up until the mid-1990s, most Japanese animation in the US were cheap kiddie shows or theatrical kiddie matinees -- something the US distributors can get real cheap without losing their shirt. Roboteck wasn't the only show to fall in this category -- Speed Racer, Battle of the Planets and the original Astro Boy were released and adapted on the cheap in the US.

But, when the mid-1990s came, many people realise that anime isn't just for kids anymore, and since then, it has become a moneymaker for those involved in the business, like ADV and Central Park Media, who both had their foot in the door when anime started getting hot.
I kinda remember watching Macross when I was kid in Malaysia, don't know that language it was in but I do know that I was only introduced to the Robotech name when I moved to Canada.
Quote:Originally posted by hbk101
BTW, I have only seen Macross, not Robotech. How much stuff have been edited out of Macross to make Robotech? Is it as bad as Warriors of the Wind aka Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind? ( In Warriors of the wind, they edited out anything that was deemed slow and the story became quite altered as a result)

It's a completely different show.
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
Quote:Originally posted by DARK OSAMU
It's a completely different show.

You know... I've come to expect more from you DO.
By saying it's completely different, you imply that none of the animation is the same, there aren't any of the same characters, no mecha, no space ships... that would be completely different. Then we'd be talking about Strawberry Shortcake or some other lame 80s cartoon.

Instead we've got Macross vs. Robotech. Robotech was edited down from Macross. It does have mecha and space travel. It does use the same animation. The main theme and overall story arc are even the same.

That is up until Macross ended and new shows were comissioned for the North American market. I've only heard about Southern Cross and whatever that other follow up series was. As far as I'm concerned, the first story arc in Robotech and Macross are essentially the same series.

I'm interested to hear what makes Robotech "a completely different show" in your words.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.